League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 hours ago, Munoz said:

The Maureen's was just about the worst slagging/nickname for us I've ever heard. Total pish.

Think it may have been a Utd supporter on here that started it. Thankfully it died of death. 

Nah mate, this is just in hibernation just now whilst we deal with bigger issues such as Gorgie Victim FC’s legal Claim.

Assuming all goes well, the P&B Maureens will be bantered with in force again next year, and I for one love the term. ( I have a few good friends who are Maureens BTW)

Besides, this is a term of endearment, even more so considering it is you Maureens  who sent these self entitled  Jambo p***ks into the abyss, just like you kept us there last year.

7 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Possibly. Worst case scenario is that Hearts and Thistle get the full £10 million they claim, and it's imposed on the clubs in one go, meaning next season's prize pool is ~60% of what it normally would be.  For a team like Motherwell, the League Prize money was ~20-30% of their income last season so this would sting a bit. Smaller teams are harder to gauge because CompaniesHouse accounts filings are less transparent for small companies. I can't imagine that the 40 other teams would be willing to let a big dunt on the prize money pass without some sort of consequences.

Strange and worrying times ahead for god knows how long. Whoever ends up in whatever league and however many clubs will not be seen again, it's fair to say that our governing body couldn't have handled it any worse than they have.

Just now, Romeo said:

Why don't you ask the other poster how he knows there will be no fixtures published...?

Oh, that's right....

I just hope they get the SC sorted so Celtic can claim yet another historic and unpreeeecedented treble.

1 minute ago, LincolnHearts said:

I just hope they get the SC sorted so Celtic can claim yet another historic and unpreeeecedented treble.

I hope so to.

The fact that it bothers you would be the icing on the cake.

This project fear "you're all going to die" shite for the seethlotian fans is hysterical.

Get doon ,stay doon.

I like being called Maureens because it reminds me of that time we fucked Dundee United 4-1 and Sir Jim Goodwin elbowed some nobody into an early grave, causing the greatest full club meltdown this forum has ever seen. Dundee United's players, fans, board and official Twitter account never recovered from that fateful day.

10 hours ago, pansjambo said:

I believe they are served a copy of petition as a courtesy because if relegation was overturned they would be affected as there would be no place for them to be promoted too...unless there was reconstruction.

Contrary to popular belief Hearts did not serve papers on them involving them in court case,they served papers on SPFL

They were served because they were named in the petiton. That's how the system works 

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I like being called Maureens because it reminds me of that time we fucked Dundee United 4-1 and Sir Jim Goodwin elbowed some nobody into an early grave, causing the greatest full club meltdown this forum has ever seen. Dundee United's players, fans, board and official Twitter account never recovered from that fateful day.

The other thing I love is when Dundee United Fans still try and big up Ryan Gauld as mini messi 

5 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

The highlight of this entire thread is the fact that St Mirren fans are STILL rattled by the term 'Maureens'.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Yeah, that sort of sums it up.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

If the SPFL hadn't fiddled the Dundee vote I'd agree with you.

I'd love to hear how this was fiddled? Please don't mention "suspicious it was never received, as that doesn't happen, check spam folder" etc type comment. But if you can show, truthfully, that something went on that was dodgy, that was in contravention of Companies Act 2006 sections 296-298.

Thanks

SPFL Letter from Neil Doncaster, 27th June 2020

Dear all

A number of clubs have asked whether we can provide them with copies of the petition lodged by Heart of Midlothian PLC and Partick Thistle Limited naming The SPFL Limited and the companies owning the three promoted clubs (Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers) plus Stranraer FC Limited, as respondents in the action. Several clubs have also asked us to provide the answers (to the petition) that we lodged in court yesterday.

There is one set of answers for the SPFL and another joint set for the three promoted clubs. We and the three promoted clubs have been advised that there are sufficiently different interests between our respective positions that to lodge consolidated answers is not possible.

Unfortunately, we have also been advised that it would not be appropriate, and arguably unlawful, to make available to non-parties the litigation copies of the pleadings lodged in court. This includes the petition, the two sets of answers and the documents (ie productions), lodged in court by the parties.

We have been advised that such items, when lodged, become the property (or at least under the control) of the court and that parties to a litigation are not permitted, subject to potentially severe sanctions, to circulate copies of such material to non-parties.

If SPFL Member Clubs wish to receive copies of the documents lodged, then it would be necessary for each of them to apply to the court to become a respondent in the action and to lodge its own individual (or potentially joint) answers, or at least to formally associate itself with the existing answers of the three promoted clubs. If any Member is considering doing so, then it should contact Rod McKenzie and he will be pleased to advise on the required procedure and the options available.

It is appropriate to observe that copies of the petition are circulating (although not through any act or omission of the SPFL) reasonably openly on the internet.

There will be a first hearing in the Court of Session, provisionally scheduled for Wednesday 1 July at 11.00am. The principle issue for discussion at that hearing is likely to be whether the petition procedure in court should be sisted (suspended) whilst the issues in dispute are determined by the Scottish FA arbitration.

@welshbairnsaw that last night. 

Seems to me that Budge and Jackie Low are seeing areas in the letter which "imply" that someone may have leaked info.........and the letter states that it wasnt the SPFL so in her mind a finger is pointed at them.

Its obvious that Budge is in a bit of a rage and sees conspiracies and threats everywhere - as evidenced by them releasing this silly wee statement before talking to their legal advisers.

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Would Heart's & Thistle's issue be with this

"If SPFL Member Clubs wish to receive copies of the documents lodged, then it would be necessary for each of them to apply to the court to become a respondent in the action and to lodge its own individual (or potentially joint) answers, or at least to formally associate itself with the existing answers of the three promoted clubs. If any Member is considering doing so, then it should contact Rod McKenzie and he will be pleased to advise on the required procedure and the options available."

I could understand that DU,RR,CR response.could not be given out, but would the SPFLs not be available to member clubs. This being due to the fact that they are the.SPFL & that is HMFC & PT's complaint?

Due to HMFC & PT being the other side in the court action I would have thought they would get to see the response anyway.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Would also add, if that is the letter in question, exactly what are they frightened of by releasing it? 

Why could it not be discussed like everything else on Sportsound?

Definitely a point making statement aimed at a specific audience, but done publicly.