League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, King_Of_Kings said:

God damn it so this could rumble on for a while. That also makes the SPFL producing a fixture list even better!!

It doesn't have to. The judge could rule that the this is not a concern for the courts and that they should seek to resolve the issue through the sporting bodies (SPFL, SFA, CAS).

40 minutes ago, Ric said:

So if I had to give my opinion...

Perhaps the SPFL are duty bound to put forward the case they are to present in court to all their shareholders, the "problem" being the people they are in litigation with are also shareholders thus the documents are sent to them as well. As Heart of Seethelothian and Partick (presumably) disagree with the case being put forward they have released a statement saying the case being put forward is incorrect.

So, for me, it sounds like the SPFL possibly following protocol and the gruesome twosome losing their shit.

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

I was thinking along similar lines. That this mysterious letter to all SPFL clubs relates to the board of the SPFL seeking approval from the clubs not only of their proposed defence of the court action , but also perhaps the settlement /compensation proposals that the Board can put to Hearts/Thistle on behalf of its’ members. 

Obviously , the fact that Hearts and Thistle are two of the members complicates things considerably !

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

It doesn't have to. The judge could rule that the this is not a concern for the courts and that they should seek to resolve the issue through the sporting bodies (SPFL, SFA, CAS).

Best outcome all round.

34 minutes ago, Ric said:

You should hear the funny nickname I've conjured up for the Arabs.. ;)

Seriously though, I've had those idiots call us St Liedown for decades, a few months of me rattling off Heart of Seethelothian shouldn't bother anyone. What's more, it's currently a very apt moniker!

The Maureens is hilarious

1 hour ago, Ric said:

So if I had to give my opinion...

Perhaps the SPFL are duty bound to put forward the case they are to present in court to all their shareholders, the "problem" being the people they are in litigation with are also shareholders thus the documents are sent to them as well. As Heart of Seethelothian and Partick (presumably) disagree with the case being put forward they have released a statement saying the case being put forward is incorrect.

So, for me, it sounds like the SPFL possibly following protocol and the gruesome twosome losing their shit.

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

You would think that as all 42 clubs could be liable if Hearts succeed they would have a legitimate reason to see both the Hearts petition and the SPFL rebuttal. Haven't the foggiest though. Perhaps that's why Hearts specifically named the promoted clubs to get around that.

Edited by welshbairn

29 minutes ago, Ric said:

You should hear the funny nickname I've conjured up for the Arabs.. ;)

Seriously though, I've had those idiots call us St Liedown for decades, a few months of me rattling off Heart of Seethelothian shouldn't bother anyone. What's more, it's currently a very apt moniker!

Don't let the b******s grind you down. Every time you're tempted to say HoS is a second victory for every Hearts' fan that gave you the St. Liedown s**t. Then, as now, is a result of them being unable to do the business on the pitch. 

44 minutes ago, Munoz said:

The Maureen's was just about the worst slagging/nickname for us I've ever heard. Total pish.

Think it may have been a Utd supporter on here that started it. Thankfully it died of death. 

On the other hand, Snakes of Paisley will live forever.

39 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Why are only Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove named? They are the beneficiaries but they didn’t just decide to use ppg by themselves

Sneaky legal manoeuvre by Hearts that's been called out by Doncaster in my uninformed opinion.

27 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

If this goes beyond Wednesday will there be no fixtures announced next Friday then

Why would that be? Even in 2012/13 when we literally didn't know which club was going to be in the SPL, a full fixture list was released with "Club 12" in it and cup draws were made. In this case, the SPFL will be proceeding under the assumption that we have a 12 team league under the same format with the current Premiership clubs. In the very unlikely event that the court requires them to change that they can alter or scrap the current fixture list.

30 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

If this goes beyond Wednesday will there be no fixtures announced next Friday then

No reason why the fixture list should be affected. Hearts and Thistle aren't seeking an interdict, it's possible that even if they win, they'll only be due compensation, and the worst case scenario is just that some team names are swapped around in the list if the relegations are halted. Fixture lists get edited regularly throughout the season anyways, as matches are postponed or moved for TV  purposes so changing a few fixtures as a result of a court judgement isn't very far out of the normal way of doing things.

10 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

No reason why the fixture list should be affected. Hearts and Thistle aren't seeking an interdict, it's possible that even if they win, they'll only be due compensation, and the worst case scenario is just that some team names are swapped around in the list if the relegations are halted. Fixture lists get edited regularly throughout the season anyways, as matches are postponed or moved for TV  purposes so changing a few fixtures as a result of a court judgement isn't very far out of the normal way of doing things.

Genuine questions.

A) How do you know this?

B) Who'd be picking up the bill?

1 hour ago, ribzanelli said:

Why are only Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove named? They are the beneficiaries but they didn’t just decide to use ppg by themselves

I believe they are served a copy of petition as a courtesy because if relegation was overturned they would be affected as there would be no place for them to be promoted too...unless there was reconstruction.

Contrary to popular belief Hearts did not serve papers on them involving them in court case,they served papers on SPFL