League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

All this so Budge can turn round and say "I did everything I could to save Hearts from the drop, I can't work in the shambles of the SPFL, I'm out." Just to appease the Hearts fans and use it as a get out.

She knows Hearts were down to the Championship from the start and nothing would change that.

🤣 10/10

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Given the timing and content of the statement and reading between what very few lines there are - does it seem to anyone else like Doncaster and the SPFL may have put the feelers out to all 42 member clubs regarding potential disciplinary proceedings against Hearts and Thistle taking this legal? 

Certainly looks like it to me. What else would prompt a response such as this, given that all relevant detail has surely been submitted to the courts by now? 

Given the hysterical pronouncements from Hearts and their mouthpieces over the last few weeks, I'll be waiting to hear from one of the more neutral clubs who got the letter. It was probably a round robin suggesting changes to the catering arrangements for the next post AGM bash and shifting the Hearts rep to the Championship table.

My view is that if these was anything genuinely interesting then Budge would already have leaked it to Tom English like she did with previous stuff. In the absence of that it seems more likely to be an attempt from both clubs to whip up a siege mentality.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

I'm guessing it's some sort of accusation relating to the leak of the origjnal SPFL petition document.

Dunno, kinda sounds more like "if you want to see all the documents, you need to become part of the case"...............but then I am not a lawyer.

:lol: so as I said about asking to see the defense. 

SPFL knew exactly what they were doing with this, I believe there is also a suggestion that Hearts leaked theirs (hense why everyone that wanted to has seen it). 

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Dunno, kinda sounds more like "if you want to see all the documents, you need to become part of the case"...............but then I am not a lawyer.

The Thistle/Hearts statement seems to point to there being an allegation of some sort of wrongdoing which would have spurred on that part of the letter.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

The Thistle/Hearts statement seems to point to there being an allegation of some sort of wrongdoing which would have spurred on that part of the letter.

The 'misleading' could he claiming they need to join as a party, I don't think that is the case tbf. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

The 'misleading' could he claiming they need to join as a party, I don't think that is the case tbf. 

Do you know who normally has the right to see the documents in a civil case like this?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you know who normally has the right to see the documents in a civil case like this?

I don't, both parties must have different advice on that. 

So instead of that I'll tell you that a solicitor once gave me very exact instructions to redact every noun from a 300+ page document, some graft. 

He didn't mean every noun, he meant proper nouns.  I spent an entire shift doing that. 

Just now, Romeo said:

Why would Hearts put out a statement like that? No information in it at all.

I think their arses are collapsing and they are trying to galvanise their thicko support.

Maybe they were fishing to get a sportsound invite, but yer man from Falkirk was already booked so between him and Tom English, they had their quota sorted.

Edited by Aim Here

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Why would Hearts put out a statement like that? No information in it at all.

I think their arses are collapsing and they are trying to galvanise their thicko support.

The letter contents may not make good reading for Kickbackers. Perhaps Mrs Budge feared the letter would be leaked by A.N.Other club and got her message out quickly to calm down the muppets.

13 minutes ago, King_Of_Kings said:

I have very limited legal/court knowledge. To anyone that does will there be a decision made on Wednesday or is this like a pre trial thing or will the case go on for a few days?

Sportsound mentioned that it was mostly procedural, and it's the first thing the judge has ordered after reading the petition and response. I imagine it's investigating whether it goes to the SFA, whether there's any point continuing with the case (i.e. if it fails immediately as a point of law), or alternatively, discussing what evidence both parties would need to take and setting timetables for it and future hearings and that sort of thing.

Even if it's decision time, my occasional following of American court trials suggests that the judge is likely to go home and write up the reponse over a few days/weeks rather than give a decision immediately.

Edited by Aim Here