League Reconstruction 20/21 season

That joint St.Atement was a belter, eh. Did Budge run out of ink after one sentence? Wur no happy.. timin!! Legal advice. 

Unless Budge has pics of Lord Clark baw deep in some taboo orifice this greetin faced Calimero petition is going to be booted out the door faster than you can say Cathro's laptop. 

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

25 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I think it's to do with the proposal to give the SPFL board extraordinary powers for the 2020/21 season, i.e. in case covid disrupts the league again. That was proposed / reported this week, so the board will have written to all 42 clubs to see what they think. Hearts (and Thistle) will have objected to that because Leslie Deans was arguing at the time of the last reconstruction vote that the board could be using alleged extraordinary powers to push it through, but of course that never happened.

If Hearts had supported that proposal it would be an implicit admission that the board didn't have those powers in 2019/20.

If you are correct with this, it would also underline that Hearts would only be supportive of any move for reconstruction, via the use of extraordinary powers, whenever it had direct benefit to themselves.  

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

If you are correct with this, it would also underline that Hearts would only be supportive of any move for reconstruction, via the use of extraordinary powers, whenever it had direct benefit to themselves.  

Surely not? Heart Paragon of Virtue Midlothian? Shame on you, sir.

4 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

I think the extraordinary powers proposal is a "heads we win, tails you lose" situation for the board.

If the clubs vote for it, then it's implicit proof that they didn't have those powers before.

If the clubs don't vote for it, it's confirmation that Doncaster can't buy lunch without their permission.

Hearts (and Thistle) have put this statement out because their lawyers have told them it's a trap. Say in advance you don't accept the premise of the vote because you believe that the board had the powers all along.

Edited by JamesM82

42 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I think it's to do with the proposal to give the SPFL board extraordinary powers for the 2020/21 season, i.e. in case covid disrupts the league again. That was proposed / reported this week, so the board will have written to all 42 clubs to see what they think. Hearts (and Thistle) will have objected to that because Leslie Deans was arguing at the time of the last reconstruction vote that the board could be using alleged extraordinary powers to push it through, but of course that never happened.

If Hearts had supported that proposal it would be an implicit admission that the board didn't have those powers in 2019/20.

There's nothing in their Petition that suggests the SPFL had power they didn't use,it's more suggesting they used the powers they do have improperly. 

This is about something else as clubs received this information a while ago. 

Along with the other 40 SPFL clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle have received a letter, signed by Neil Doncaster, that relates to the forthcoming Court case.

It is wrong and much of its content is misleading and the timing itself questionable, we are currently awaiting legal advice on what needs to happen next.

52 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Probably indirectly. If it was specifically related to the case, the timing wouldn't be so questionable.

My guess is that Doncaster has been sitting on some perceived crime against decency committed by Hearts/Thistle for some weeks now, and related it to the clubs now in order to influence support for the court case (it's possible the case ultimately rests on the body of club chairman opinion).

Were they not part of a wee secretive WhatsApp group where they tried to bully Dundee into voting a certain way. 

6 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

That can't be how you genuinly see this, is it?

Mistakes and an empty quote.

Yup, that's exactly how I see Heart of Seethelothian's actions.

Strange to see Doncaster active only a few days before the next stage. Thought it was meant to be a formality and he’d be sitting at home smoking a cigar. He’s probably hoping one of the two leak the letter meaning he can kick them out the league. Hoping the judge makes it an open case meaning we can all see how the game up here is being run 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

There's nothing in their Petition that suggests the SPFL had power they didn't use,it's more suggesting they used the powers they do have improperly. 

This is about something else as clubs received this information a while ago. 

I'm struggling to see what else it could be though. It can't be disciplinary action because that would involve the SFA writing to them, not Doncaster (and they wouldn't be writing to all of the other SPFL cubs).

Given the timing and content of the statement and reading between what very few lines there are - does it seem to anyone else like Doncaster and the SPFL may have put the feelers out to all 42 member clubs regarding potential disciplinary proceedings against Hearts and Thistle taking this legal? 

Certainly looks like it to me. What else would prompt a response such as this, given that all relevant detail has surely been submitted to the courts by now? 

3 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I'm struggling to see what else it could be though. It can't be disciplinary action because that would involve the SFA writing to them, not Doncaster (and they wouldn't be writing to all of the other SPFL cubs).

The clubs may be asking to see the SPFL's defence? 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Given the timing and content of the statement and reading between what very few lines there are - does it seem to anyone else like Doncaster and the SPFL may have put the feelers out to all 42 member clubs regarding potential disciplinary proceedings against Hearts and Thistle taking this legal? 

Certainly looks like it to me. What else would prompt a response such as this, given that all relevant detail has surely been submitted to the courts by now? 

No, it is suggesting something that has been communicated to the clubs is untrue. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

No, it is suggesting something that has been communicated to the clubs is untrue. 

Fair enough. The theory of them objecting to the SPFL request to take control of power going forwards on the ground that it means they'd have to accept the SPFL had no power prior to this and nullifies the case, also makes sense. 

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Along with the other 40 SPFL clubs, Hearts and Partick Thistle have received a letter, signed by [SPFL chief executive] Neil Doncaster, that relates to the forthcoming court case," the joint statement said.

"It is wrong and much of its content is misleading and the timing itself questionable, we are currently awaiting legal advice on what needs to happen next."

This, of course is the opinion, apparently, of both Hearts and PTFC

If it was a stickon that the detail within was bullshit, it is surprising (staggering) that it hasnt hit the public domain yet.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Are you saying Doncaster is stupid enough to send a letter threatening Hearts and Partick days before the start of a  court hearing?

All this so Budge can turn round and say "I did everything I could to save Hearts from the drop, I can't work in the shambles of the SPFL, I'm out." Just to appease the Hearts fans and use it as a get out.

She knows Hearts were down to the Championship from the start and nothing would change that.