League Reconstruction 20/21 season

6 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Havnt been paying attention much the last few days but if a player is tests positive on a Premiership team, what happens? I mean when the league is up and running 

Presumably the same as England and Germany.

The player self isolates for a week and theres another round of testing for the rest.

Edited by RandomGuy.

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I greenied that because I basically agree, but regulations couldn't cover every eventuality in a crisis and having to wait 28 days for a decision. It's a temporary measure for next season.

I get what you mean. Executive powers are useful if you want to react to a variety of issues quickly. However, as it's the SPFL, you'd worry about the probity of the people making the decisions. Might just mean that they are able to make poor decisions more promptly. 

Is this resolution for temporary powers to the Exec an attempt to force through reconstruction and avoid a court battle?

I'm assuming not given the timescales involved but struggling to see the purpose, a bit of an 'after the horse has bolted' situation it seems.

Edited by Dons_1988

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is this resolution for temporary powers to the Exec an attempt to force through reconstruction and avoid a court battle?

I'm assuming not given the timescales involved but struggling to see the purpose, a bit of an 'after the horse has bolted' situation it seems.

Nah, Its specifically for the duration of the season 20/21.

It has to go to a vote of all the clubs with the usual 28 day period etc taking us up toward the end of July, so inconceivable that the divisions could be altered in time for the August ko.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Nah, Its specifically for the duration of the season 20/21.

It has to go to a vote of all the clubs with the usual 28 day period etc taking us up toward the end of July, so inconceivable that the divisions could be altered in time for the August ko.

Cheers, that's what I thought but not sure what the purpose is.

Maybe decisions around changing venue's for games or something? Or even just guarding against what happens in the event of a second wave. Either way, possibly not a big deal.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Last week, 1 club received a donation from an anonymous source to help fund a legal battle.

Today, we have been given the opportunity to do the same.

Be fuckin hilarious if it was James Anderson - visions of him sitting in his underground lair guffawing away at Scottish Football

devil in the white city classics GIF

On 24/06/2020 at 01:08, Bazil85 said:

Kenny McLean is a good example of this IMO. If you were him at 17 offered a new deal (which he was, look it up) at Rangers to play at League 2 level with the colts or offered to move to St Mirren to be loaned out and play at the same level which would you choose? I don't think there's a young player alive that would pick St Mirren in that scenario. Certainly not one using sense over heart. 

This hypothetical scenario is possible but if McLean stayed at rangers would this not give another kid a chance to take his place at St Mirren?
As I've said before Celtic will look for the best they can get and will release and buy players from 16 to 20 to fill their quota.
With project brave in place they have the pick of all the young talent within that system from elite level on the performance pathway.

If you are saying my idea is xenophobic,

I'm pretty sure it's 8 Scots to a 25 man squad across Europe for me that is not xenophobic one third of the team.
Your idea was 8 out of the first 11 apart from restricting managers who they can pick and who they can't pick it's xenophobic and not inclusive.
You could maybe get away with 6 out of the first 11 but it is far too radical, 4 Scots in the first 11 is in line with the rest of Europe. 

I would be open to an American style draft but think our sport is too far gone for that change.

This idea has be going around for a while the problem is how it would work, with project brave in place you could have your top 80 players from the age of 18.
For me this would only work with full time clubs and full time coaches whether this was through strategic partnerships or through the loan system.
Using 20 clubs each club gets 4 players on a yearly contract, putting them into categories from goalkeeper,defender,midfielder and striker picking one from each.
The draft would give players a goal from 16 when they sign their first professional contract with a cap on the wage structure.

Scottish national team football is not a good place to judge him

Just WOW and Whoosh to this comment the only place I'm going to judge players is at international level.

it makes no sense to blame a player in that scenario. It's clearly the set up at international, this has been shown over multiple managers and teams. Surely gets to the point where you can't keep blaming the very few world class players we have?

It's not a point the finger of blame, it's constructive criticism on where he can improve his game McTominey's reading of the game out of possession without the ball is terrible.
I agree the SFA has to take the blame for treating the national team like a part time job,After Strachan left with nearly a year without defeat the appointment of McLeish killed the momentum stone dead plus the stupid friendlies half way across the world.

Armstrong is not good enough but generally 19-20 of our squad aren't good enough. You obviously look at things with green tinted Glasses

Our debate has been pretty civil there is no need for having a wee pop,Armstrong was at Celtic for about 5 minutes in his career.
The point I was making was he should've been in the national team well before 25 this isn't due to his lack of ability it's down to the manager in place at the time.

Because Man U and Celtic are barely even playing the same sport. Any player that can get a game for Man United right now should be a no brainer for the Scotland squad (Clarke leaving out Gilmour is an example of something that should be blowing fans minds, it is beyond ridiculous). the difference between Man U players and Celtic players is like putting an F5 tornado up against a windmill. 

For me this is play station crap not reality, if McTominey replaced Brown on the 1st of august Celtic would be a poorer team.
This would be an example of running before you can walk, I've no problem with getting players into the national setup as quick as possible this progressive thinking has been lacking for years.

As long as the Scottish league remains as poor as it has been (and still declining) then yes, our only hope is to have players playing and developing in countries that do it far better. 

Sending our best talent to other countries doesn't help the game in Scotland,this is the biggest problem we have here, players will always want to play at the highest level possible.
The only way to slow this process down is to produce more talent to maintain the level we have, I don't know what you've been watching over the past two seasons but for me the top flight has improved from bottom to top.

Hard to find sympathy for Brora to be honest.  Had this "ambition" been there a few years ago, they would have found themselves in the league.  

Yes echoed same on my own teams thead...

Ohhhhh let us is now would you but 5 year ago we CBA and threw away a 2nil 1st leg win against a piss poor montrose team...

On yer way. Shawfield sway[emoji2089]

Another few weeks and the bottom of the table could have changed dramatically. Ross County were in free fall. 
I do happen to believe that IF any other team were to be dragged into it towards the end it would have been County.

Imagine though if Hamilton hadn't picked up those most unlikely of points in the days leading up to lockdown - ten men against Killie and a win at Ibrox. I doubt this would even be a thread.

15 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

You have by buying Dundee’s vote!

if hearts win the case & the teams who were voted champions / promoted are denied then their case will be with the SPFL surely. 

Hearts served Cove, Raith and United with the current petition (and Stranraer too).  They're already involved with the current case.  If the judge doesn't just throw it in the wastepaper basket immediately, expect them to show up.

I suspect other clubs will be brought in too if this gets as far as taking evidence, since most of the case revolves about how a "reasonable member" would have voted had they been informed differently, and having 20 or 30 clubs very reasonably point out they'd have voted exactly the same way nukes that part of the argument.

Edited by Aim Here