League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Don't suppose we'll hear anything today if the SPFL, Cove, Dundee Utd and Raith are just handing in their demolitions. Unless the court's already decided it's none of their business.

I think I prefer that term to "depositions", quite frankly

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

2 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

That's the way it seems to be going. The court decision everyone was getting tremendously excited about only suspended their relegation, and basically asked the French authorities to go away and see if they could change the league composition (i.e. what we've been doing for months before court). Now they seem to be saying that they won't, so Amiens / Toulouse will need to go back to court. The grounds of the original decision were that the league didn't have any basis for saying they couldn't expand the league to 22. Now they do, so Amiens / Toulouse will need to come up with some new justification for cancelling their relegation.

Or just accept it

Guest The Phoenix
29 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Are their club charities the same lines as the DFC communities trust?

That would be my thinking. 

Rather than the strict interpretation of having simply donated £50k to charity, the money has been handed over to a Club’s Charitable Foundation to be used exclusively to benefit their community.  

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

Disappointed that we took the money, should have left it for the lower league teams.

Your team has been a lower-league one for most of it's history, so they're probably still carrying around that seaside league mindset...

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Your team has been a lower-league one for most of it's history, so they're probably still carrying around that seaside league mindset...

Probably explains our high levels of humility tbf.

52 minutes ago, bennett said:

Disappointed that we took the money, should have left it for the lower league teams. 

You've spent half your existence in the lower leagues.

ETA...always press F5 before posting.

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

You've spent half your existence in the lower leagues.

ETA...always press F5 before posting.

Never forget where you came from Archibald. 

57 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Would have been nice if the £150,000 donated had been kept in the football family. 100+ clubs in the Senior pyramid outwith SPFL.

Even as a fan of non-league football in Scotland I think this money is better spent supporting the local community of Kilmarnock through what has been an incredibly tough period rather than giving these clubs a few hundred quid each.

20 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

You are a lot more confident than me that Celtic & Rangers would retain and release exactly the same youth players colts or no colts with zero exceptions. If you think there is absolutely no change to the development or opportunities for young players with colts, I'm struggling to see your argument for having them. 

Celtic release players at all ages, I don't know if it's a lack of understanding the system in place or your knowledge of how things work at this level.
Players from all clubs are under the same banner up to 18 years old where project brave stops, I've got no problem with players from 18 down ward.
The problem comes after 18 and how it needs to change, your xenophobic idea is a none starter and not possible at any level of the game.
Players at 18 need game time against men or seasoned pros, the loan system gives you that the U20's  v U20's doesn't.
So what do we do with all the players from 18 to 20 that don't get first team football? If colts is not the answer or an american style draft pick you lose players to the game all over the place.

20 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

You are often guilty of looking at situations in isolation, I can only imagine that's what you've done here. There isn't a psychedelic drug on this planet that could make anyone that's watched the EPL on the regular think McLean is better than McTominey. It's strange you give the opinion after admitting to only watching your first matches in five years. The quality of product since EPL has been back (bar Man City I'd say) has been way off the pace this season. They've been rushed back and it's shown in their match sharpness. If you're going to continue watching it instead of judging him on one game you've seen him in, you'll see why Man U fans don't share your view. 

Who cares about Man Utd fans? The point I'm making is I'm not influenced by the team he plays for or the level he plays at,playing for Scotland is where it matters.
McTominey may well become a better player than McLean but as I post this he is not, judging him on 12 games for Scotland hasn't changed my mind on one game against Spurs.
This is why it's more important to judge a player on individual ability for the position he takes at international level and not how he plays for his club.
The bigger issue  is Armstrong didn't get his first cap until he was 25 yet he played first team football at the age of 18 if you think he isn't good enough then there is no use in trying anything different in Scotland to improve on the national team.
McTominey played less than 20 games for Man Utd before he got his first cap for Scotland, why should one player wait 7 years came through the u19's and u21's at international level and the other only played 20 games to make the national team? 
The only way in your mind to have players good enough for the national team is to send them down to England just like Billy Gilmour.

Edited by wastecoatwilly