League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

When it comes to complex legal matters,  I think it's safer to trust the general opinion of the experts on the likely outcome.

The genuine legal experts opinions that I'm aware of have included, 'Hearts have got a good chance',  'It could go either way' and  'no better than 50 - 50'.  

This doesn't fill me with huge optimism, but I do believe Hearts had to fight this. 

So you agree, good. 

It's always weird when football goes to court because rational thinking doesn't come in for the majority still and they still think tribally. 

4 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

So does that mean the Amiens and Toulouse are relegated. Hmm. Perhaps Budge is not going to win her court case after all 

That's the way it seems to be going. The court decision everyone was getting tremendously excited about only suspended their relegation, and basically asked the French authorities to go away and see if they could change the league composition (i.e. what we've been doing for months before court). Now they seem to be saying that they won't, so Amiens / Toulouse will need to go back to court. The grounds of the original decision were that the league didn't have any basis for saying they couldn't expand the league to 22. Now they do, so Amiens / Toulouse will need to come up with some new justification for cancelling their relegation.

Edited by JamesM82

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

So you agree, good. 

It's always weird when football goes to court because rational thinking doesn't come in for the majority still and they still think tribally. 

It's also difficult for a lot of folk to dissociate the notion of sporting "fairness" with something being lawful or unlawful.

5 hours ago, Mr. X said:

When it comes to complex legal matters,  I think it's safer to trust the general opinion of the experts on the likely outcome.

The genuine legal experts opinions that I'm aware of have included, 'Hearts have got a good chance',  'It could go either way' and  'no better than 50 - 50'.  

This doesn't fill me with huge optimism, but I do believe Hearts had to fight this. 

Which legal expert has said this? And I hope they've expanded on it a little. ie Why?

If its Leslie Deans, it don't count! 🙄

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Well done Aberdeen Kilmarnock and Celtic.

Wonder if other clubs who can manage without will follow these clubs lead.

Screenshot_20200623-102536_Twitter.jpeg

Some clubs simply won't be able to afford/budget for doing that.

Well done to those that can, but it is no shame if your club can't afford such largesse.

Yours

aDONis

14 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Well done Aberdeen Kilmarnock and Celtic.

Wonder if other clubs who can manage without will follow these clubs lead.

You missed the adjunct to that tweet which said 17 other clubs had used it to buy COVID testing equipment for use in the community.

Everything isnt black and white................or green and blue🤭

You missed the adjunct to that tweet which said 17 other clubs had used it to buy COVID testing equipment for use in the community.
Everything isnt black and white................or green and blue[emoji2960]
That's great too. Not sure why you are concentrating on green and blue.

Anyway, good work to all involved.