League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I think the chances of the SPFL reversing promotions that have already happened are incredibly slim.

Hearts aren't asking the SPFL to do it, they're trying to get the courts to force the SPFL to do it. It's still a long shot, IMO.

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

From the looks of other entries in that roster, AB is probably not 'Ann Budge' but placeholder initials for someone whose name shouldn't be divulged (for instance, if it's their identity being breached by the alleged contempt of court). Where there's multiple people complaining, it's sometimes listed as 'AB, CD and EF' or similar.

The law mentioned states: "In any case where a court (having power to do so) allows a name or other matter to be withheld from the public in proceedings before the court, the court may give such directions prohibiting the publication of that name or matter in connection with the proceedings as appear to the court to be necessary for the purpose for which it was so withheld. "

I suspect this might be related to the recent child abuse court cases and is just a coincidence, yes.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, JamesM82 said:

Northern Irish league, after three months of staunch "we're going to finish the 2019/20 season off" chat, has been forced (by UEFA) to curtail it after all. And they're going to promote and relegate teams based on the games that were played.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53129677

The whole of world football is laughing at them!!!!!

27 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Hearts aren't asking the SPFL to do it, they're trying to get the courts to force the SPFL to do it. It's still a long shot, IMO.

I think the courts will tell Hearts they're members of a partnership and they have to live with the implications.

51 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Yeah it's gone quite of late for obvious reasons.  If the money they were promising before the pandemic is still available it might be hard for anyone to refuse. I think they even upped the cash from the first proposal. FAI need it more than the IFA probably, leagues on its knees down south.

You'll maybe find something in here - 

Contributory Negligence due to being shite all season and consequently getting themselves marooned at the foot of the league table when the music stopped. 

Or should The Snakes of Paisley be blamed for that too. ?

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Contributory Negligence due to being shite all season and consequently getting themselves marooned at the foot of the league table when the music stopped. 

St Blackmamba

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

😂😂😂

To be fair they couldn't be anything else could they??

IF the Queen of Hearts lose the court case v Judge Jefferies, what are the possible outcomes afterwards ? Could they be expelled, would they take their football and walk off to pastures new ? I want to see a club take the spfl to court, saying we don't want to be promoted - yeah just as pathetic I know. 

I don’t think they will win in court (if it gets that far). I do think they will get a slightly larger parachute payment because they didn’t get to complete the whole 38 games.

It then comes down to how pissed the other clubs are at their actions and as much as I would love to see them expelled from the league I reckon a fine and slap on the wrist will be their punishment for taking the spfl to court. Maybe for the amount of extra they get in the parachute payment.

If it gets to court and they lose.. them being ordered to pay legal costs isn’t going to be cheap.

5 hours ago, MegaRichJambos said:
5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It works for him on Kickback, which shows he needs to get out more, and see real life outside of his tinted maroon specs. These kickback posters gather up all their unchallenged "facts", then come on to an open forum thinking they'll post all these "facts" and nobody will be able to challenge them.

This nugget wont even answer any challenges and just keeps posting more unsubstantiated "facts" in a robotic way, it's like he can't comprehend what he's read on kickback, and been brainwashed into believing, might not actually be true.

It may well break him to admit he's wrong on everything he's posting.

We have a Psychologist on this site.

Ats nae hoo ye sperl sikologerst; ya dummy

To be fair many on kickback have as good as decided Hearts can’t lose regardless, they seem to have a plethora of legal experts who have worked out nothing could go wrong. It’s really just a group of supporters making it up as they go along while congratulating each other on their wisdom.

5 minutes ago, Yorky said:

To be fair many on kickback have as good as decided Hearts can’t lose regardless, they seem to have a plethora of legal experts who have worked out nothing could go wrong. It’s really just a group of supporters making it up as they go along while congratulating each other on their wisdom.

It just makes it all the better reading if/when the court slaps it down, or the case is settled for bobbins, and the echo chamber devolves into rage and conspiracy theories.

Edited by Aim Here

6 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

From the BBC article:

"The SPFL have until Tuesday to respond and Hearts and Thistle have asked for an expedited hearing.

The court will either decree they have jurisdiction to adjudicate or will decide it is a matter for the SPFL."

I am not sure whether the court will also decide by tomorrow whether they need to get involved or not. 

Oh please make this happen.....

The explosion of cranium down Gorgie way will see fireworks that surpasses anything Edinburgh has to offer at New Year.