League Reconstruction 20/21 season

11 minutes ago, Bailey1972 said:

Thanks for the clarification. However, did he officially leave or did Hearts officially relieve him of his duties.

I can't confirm but I would say no given the language that was used in interviews. 

5 hours ago, ribzanelli said:

Not wishing to stick up for Hearts but is it not the case that they are happy for teams at the top to be named champions, but they don’t think said champions should be promoted?

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The want to reward sides with titles, european qualification and prize money, based on their position, but dont want to reward sides with promotion.

Yeah she's cherry picking what's best for Hearts. If she's happy for teams sitting top of the league when the season stopped, to be called champions, then promotion should also be awarded. The fact she's happy for European places to be handed out to the top 3 /4 Premiership teams, backs this up, but no, she doesn't want promotions as that means Hearts relegation stands. Has to be one or the other if it is a fair proposal, but that would mean bringing Celtic into it, something Hearts have blatantly avoided.

6 hours ago, bennett said:

£1.5m to sky, plus spfl sponsorship 'free' to sky.

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Where?

Show me a single link showing the SPFL have agreed to a sponsorship with anyone.

Much less Sky, much less 'free'.

I noticed another Rangers fan spouting about this on Twitter a few days ago and asked then to helpfully provide the link showing 'free' sponsorship and funnily enough there was no response.

Hmmm. Appears that yet another Rangers supporter challenged on the 'FrEe SkY sPoNsOrShIp iZ a pYoOr DiSgRaCe' stance has clammed up when asked to provide a solitary piece of evidence to back up this claim that Sky are sponsoring the SPFL for next season and doing so for free.

Uncanny, really.

EVSMuNfUUAACTj1.jpg.246ab1cdd36e62bd4704cc013d1393aa.jpg

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hmmm. Appears that yet another Rangers supporter challenged on the 'FrEe SkY sPoNsOrShIp iZ a pYoOr DiSgRaCe' stance has clammed up when asked to provide a solitary piece of evidence to back up this claim that Sky are sponsoring the SPFL for next season and doing so for free.

Uncanny, really.

If the SPFL are due money to Sky, it's surely a smarter move to pay them off in kind (through, say, throwing them the advertising) than actually digging out cash and paying them directly, which would cost more. Because no cash might transfer from Sky to the SPFL in a bank account, it might look like 'free sponsorship' to the usual zoomers perpetually on the lookout for fuel for self righteous outrage, but it's actually a good thing.

8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

If the SPFL are due money to Sky, it's surely a smarter move to pay them off in kind (through, say, throwing them the advertising) than actually digging out cash and paying them directly, which would cost more. Because no cash might transfer from Sky to the SPFL in a bank account, it might look like 'free sponsorship' to the usual zoomers perpetually on the lookout for fuel for self righteous outrage, but it's actually a good thing.

Thing is though, the payment to Sky was announced by the SPFL in a press-release as £1.5m to be paid over the duration of the new contract. This would be the equivalent to 3 quarters of a season's sponsorship under what Ladbrokes were paying.

If this payment was in anyway tied up in league sponsorship or funds were partially offset by offering up the sponsorship rights, surely the time to announce such an agreement would have been at the time of clarifying the details of the payout. However, as nothing was mentioned, it stands to reason, at least that as of writing, Sky aren't sponsoring the league and the rebate isn't being offset by sponsorship rights being given to Sky for free.

On 20/06/2020 at 13:30, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

We're way off topic now 😄

The bit in bold is key, jobs, services etc. were an afterthought when these estates were thrown up on the periphery of the city. No surprise then, when some of it barely lasted 30 years.

It's for another thread anyway, unless we're talking about razing Tynecastle to build social housing after Hearts are chucked out of Scottish football.

best idea I have seen yet

On 20/06/2020 at 19:45, Shotgun said:

42 team division. Each team plays the other four times, twice home, twice away. 82 games each, one every 3 days. No postponements regardless of the weather, pitch conditions or international weekends. At the end of that, use the league standings to divide the teams into 3 divisions of 12-12-14. Award Falkirk the championship and put Hearts and Partick into the Welsh league, Celtic and Sevco into the Marianas Trench.

Everybody wins.

almost sensible

17 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I did have sympathy for hearts, thistle and stranrear. They lost out because they were bottom when the leagues stopped. On points per game, they were still bottom, although partick had the game in hand so i can see why they are aggrieved.

They are making the point that - why should teams lose out because of a global pandemic? Yet they are happy for the teams that have been top of their leagues for the majority of the season as well to lose out? Bit of hypocrisy going on.

What happens if hearts win this? Do united, raith and cove end up fighting it and and we just go on and on?

Maybe in the english/german leagues they can restart because of the bankroll of sky money, but scottish football lower leagues can’t because we don’t have the cash to play the rest of the season plus at least 1/4 of next season behind closed doors.

Would budge happily see others go bust to save hearts skin? And where are they pulling this sum of 10 million from? Dundee are reporting losses of half a million, so i doubt that between partick and hearts they are losing as much as that. 

A sensible post amongst a sea of kech, and spot on with the realities of finances in Scottish lower league football.  I really don't have the answer, BUT I do know this ....... That real supporters of football in Scotland ..... NOT just Hearts fanatics, must be aghast at the disdain of a once well respected team such as Heart of Midlothian and their unreasonable exacerbation of a situation that stems from the fact that come the lockdown; ( caused by a pandemic that is killing thousands) they were the team that was to be relegated, to the extent that basically they don't care what long term damage they may do to 1; the game in Scotland.  2. other teams in lower leagues. 3. the integrity of their own club, simply because their tem was treated unfairly ................... well might I just mention that throughout the world this virus has ended the lives of around half a million people.

4 hours ago, jaybeee said:

A sensible post amongst a sea of kech, and spot on with the realities of finances in Scottish lower league football.  I really don't have the answer, BUT I do know this ....... That real supporters of football in Scotland ..... NOT just Hearts fanatics, must be aghast at the disdain of a once well respected team such as Heart of Midlothian and their unreasonable exacerbation of a situation that stems from the fact that come the lockdown; ( caused by a pandemic that is killing thousands) they were the team that was to be relegated, to the extent that basically they don't care what long term damage they may do to 1; the game in Scotland.  2. other teams in lower leagues. 3. the integrity of their own club, simply because their tem was treated unfairly ................... well might I just mention that throughout the world this virus has ended the lives of around half a million people.

This, and also i dont even think hearts have been treated unfairly at all, they've been unlucky the season ended abruptly for a very good reason.

Unlucky.

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

They were relegated so he's free to go, even if this is reversed when he left they were relegated.  Like the players that left Partick recently activating clauses. 

I feel that's it's different players activating a relegation clause, to a club, who apparently don't think they've been relegated, activating a relegation clause. 

In the absence of a leaked/published SPFL reply to the Hearts Court of Session petition, I'm looking for clues as to what their defence is going to be.

The Daily Record has this.

While Ann Budge isn't even willing to sully her phone by having it take part in a call to a League 2 chairman even in the context of an actual SPFL vote on reconstruction, the Record is reporting that United and Raith are drumming up support for their court case among club chairmen. Thing is, while it's obvious what a a chairman's support can do for you in a straight-up vote, it's less obvious what they can do in a civil court case where they're not even named.

Looking at the case, I suspect what's going on is that even if Hearts overturn the Dundee vote, they still have the (huge) hurdle to show that the clubs would have voted for something else had they been informed differently. There's a whole bunch of verbiage of the form "no reasonable member, properly informed, could have considered that the Written Resolution was in the interests of the Company" trying to give that impression. If this gets as far as evidence being presented, my guess is that it's going to be flatly contradicted by actual, factual, club chairmen, stating that they were, or at least are now, properly informed, that they are, indeed, a bunch of very reasonable folks, and that they'd still vote exactly the same way for reasons of sporting integrity and fairness and that Hearts are at it. The fact that the petition isn't demanding a retake of the vote, but just overrule by the judge is highly suggestive that Hearts know they'd only lose again.

Edited by Aim Here

If the Dundee vote is overturned, why would that not mean that Championships are also voided? Was a part of that vote not that it gave the SPFL board the power to call the Premiership season?

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If the Dundee vote is overturned, why would that not mean that Championships are also voided? Was a part of that vote not that it gave the SPFL board the power to call the Premiership season?

The relief that Hearts and Thistle are asking for is not that the judge voids the vote, so much as overrule it so that promotion and relegation shouldn't happen (or alternatively that Thistle and Hearts get compensated with £squillions).

Edited by Aim Here

15 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The relief that Hearts and Thistle are asking for is not that the judge voids the vote, so much as overrule it so that promotion and relegation shouldn't happen (or alternatively that Thistle and Hearts get compensated with £squillions).

So essentially the vote and voting process wasn't the issue overall, just the part within that which did not benefit them?