League Reconstruction 20/21 season

59 minutes ago, Ric said:

So can't be fucked reading through pages of nonsense since I last posted on here, but I take it everyone is of the mindset that Heart of Seethelothian have shat the bed by not challenging Celtic's title win, despite them challenging others' right to be promoted for winning their leagues?

I prefer to think of it as literally, legally and in a very public way, lying down to hand Celtic a title.

Edited by Coventry Saint

23 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

It's promotion and, more specifically, the accompanying relegation that financially impacts Hearts,Partick etc. Whether or not Celtic, Dundee Utd etc are "declared champions" is neither here nor there. (except at Ibrox obvs).

As I say, Hearts very first argument in that paper (if its real), is that they never got 38 games so the season shouldn't be called. They then claim it's fine to hand Celtic the title despite them not playing 38 games.

2 hours ago, steelmen said:

Spoke with the wife, who is a solicitor, and he first question was ‘who’s is the firm’ and then said ‘why them, they are not a big firm for this. They are property / insolvency experts’

She then read the petition and shrugged ‘could go either way but without reading the answers, your only hearing one side’ She did say if she were the judge she wouldn’t be impressed with them only wanting certain bits overturned. The champions and European competitors should all be part of it, you can’t pick and choose the parts you don’t like.

Hope that’s the case. Let’s get Celtic involved and see where this goes then.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, Hearts very first argument in that paper (if its real), is that they never got 38 games so the season shouldn't be called. They then claim it's fine to hand Celtic the title despite them not playing 38 games.

Bill%252520Clinton-i-did-not-have-sexual-relations-with-that-women%25255B17%25255D.png?imgmax=800

Semantics

26 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

The money that Doncaster is having to refund to SKY/BT/BBC would have covered the costs of finishing the season behind closed doors. Would just have resulted in a month or two delay to starting next season.  But do you think RR gave that a moment's thought before voting to f**k a handful of other teams?

The money that the SPFL are refunding would still have been an issue regardless of the length of the delay. So to say that finishing the season would have prevented the payout and those funds could have gone to the cost of wrapping the season up isn't the full story. It would just have ended up costing the SPFL twice over. That's before you factor in the fact that the summer months sees the SPFL at end of one contract and the start of another. 

The English PL is liable for a £330m payout to Sky and international broadcasters despite them finishing the season. 

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Jamie Thomas always seemed like one of the better Jambos on here, even before the site was flooded with hopeless trolls like JTS98 and imbeciles like Pet, GorgieGormless and whoever else. He was probably just pished. 

On the other hand I'm looking forward to more Jambo meltdowns when (not if) Budge withdraws the court action in humiliating fashion. 

Heyyy, Lordy. I didn’t realise you had any interest in football. I thought you were just employed by party HQ to pump out that morning’s angry line on Brexit. You and your doppelganger, Baxter Parp.

Do you actually get along to any Dundee matches? (when they don’t clash with your hobnobbing at those high-powered meetings with the movers and shakers of the local Community Council, of course)

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Heyyy, Lordy. I didn’t realise you had any interest in football. I thought you were just employed by party HQ to pump out that morning’s angry line on Brexit. You and your doppelganger, Baxter Parp.

Do you actually get along to any Dundee matches? (when they don’t clash with your hobnobbing at those high-powered meetings with the movers and shakers of the local Community Council, of course)

frustrated clint eastwood GIF

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yup, that's the nub of it, they are cherry picking what fits and what doesn't. 

Can't relegate as season didn't complete

Can call champions even though season "didn't complete"

Can't promote as season didn't complete

Can hand out final placing prize money even though season "didn't complete"

Can award European competition places based on league placings even though season "didn't complete"

So if season didn't complete, then none.of those things can be carried out.

If those things that are being carried out can only happen upon the qualified ending of the league then all must be carried out as league has ended.

"The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.”

Nice of them to do the SPFL's  defence in their own lodged legal action.

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

unnamed.gif.e4b30e7756a64c8286f5e590ec8bf190.gif

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I prefer the think of it as literally, legally and in a very public way, lying down to hand Celtic a title.

:lol:

Makes sense, I heard there were a few Celtic fans in their squad.

10 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

frustrated clint eastwood GIF

It’s a childish dig, I know, but Lordy will get it.
Just you stick to calling actual people “window lickers”, Tynie.  While administering wrist-smacks for the Daily Record being called the Daily Retard. Lol.

Should also point out that this legal action from Hearts matches the proposed "plan" that Spoofer from ICT is alleged to have put forward. This plan that he said was being worked on by ICT, Hearts & Rangers was effectively "null & void" but hand out positional prize money.

This was reported in the Daily Record, which prompted the ICT chairman to say

"There is not a scintilla of truth in this disgraceful hatchet piece published in that Glasgow newspaper.”

Dave McKinnon of Morton then confirmed that ICT were talking shite. This was reported back on 12 May.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/morton-chief-trashes-inverness-null-22014426

Edited by Tannadeechee

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their own paper is ruined by contradictions.

They needed to go after the whole lot, but their cowardice in terms of challenging Celtic has led to them giving evidence against their own case before they even get to their points.

"Shat the bed" is the correct term.

The curious thing is why Hearts are taking this approach. It doesn't make much sense logically.

It's possible that they were worried that, if they had gone for full-fat "void it" in their argument, Celtic would have come down on them like a ton of bricks in the media (i.e. Hearts "shat the bed" from that). The only other thing I can think of is that the SPFL would have countered that voiding would have meant far bigger refunds being potentially due to Sky, BT, sponsors and season-ticket holders as the games played wouldn't have officially counted. Which obviously wouldn't be in anyone's interests, even Hearts.

I have to say, I'm surprised that Rangers have been so quiet over the Heart of Seethelothian legal action. Knowing the way they operate, if there was a chance to claim Celtic shouldn't have been awarded the title (and thus 9iar) you'd think they'd take it. Successful businesswoman Ann Budge's cowardly avoidance of that clearly opens it up for comment.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I have to say, I'm surprised that Rangers have been so quiet over the Heart of Seethelothian legal action. Knowing the way they operate, if there was a chance to claim Celtic shouldn't have been awarded the title (and thus 9iar) you'd think they'd take it. Successful businesswoman Ann Budge's cowardly avoidance of that clearly opens it up for comment.

Working in the background, see

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/morton-chief-trashes-inverness-null-22014426