League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Read the first 20 pages of that Hearts argument.

Within 7 theyve highlighted the law that says clubs dont need to have played 38 league games for the SPFL to end the season, if some games are postponed/abandoned, then argued they never got 38 games.

They then specifically point out the Friday 5PM deadline was just a guide and clubs had 28 days to vote yes, then argue Dundees no vote before the 5PM deadline, that they just admitted wasnt a deadline, should count.

I'm thick as f**k and have noticed massive inconsistencies and issues with it, that surely can't actually be what theyve gone to court with?

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Read the first 20 pages of that Hearts argument.

No, I'll not be doing that. Ever. Life is far too short. 

Fair enough for next season but we could look at something like this in the future. Fans all like a derby and hate playing teams 4 times. This is a good compromise. Only playing most teams in the league 3 times and no crappy split.

What utter nonsense. One of the worst suggestions I’ve seen on this thread, and that is saying something.

Jamie Thomas always seemed like one of the better Jambos on here, even before the site was flooded with hopeless trolls like JTS98 and imbeciles like Pet, GorgieGormless and whoever else. He was probably just pished. 

On the other hand I'm looking forward to more Jambo meltdowns when (not if) Budge withdraws the court action in humiliating fashion. 

I did have sympathy for hearts, thistle and stranrear. They lost out because they were bottom when the leagues stopped. On points per game, they were still bottom, although partick had the game in hand so i can see why they are aggrieved.

They are making the point that - why should teams lose out because of a global pandemic? Yet they are happy for the teams that have been top of their leagues for the majority of the season as well to lose out? Bit of hypocrisy going on.

What happens if hearts win this? Do united, raith and cove end up fighting it and and we just go on and on?

Maybe in the english/german leagues they can restart because of the bankroll of sky money, but scottish football lower leagues can’t because we don’t have the cash to play the rest of the season plus at least 1/4 of next season behind closed doors.

Would budge happily see others go bust to save hearts skin? And where are they pulling this sum of 10 million from? Dundee are reporting losses of half a million, so i doubt that between partick and hearts they are losing as much as that. 

14 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What do you mean instead of the bribe sorry cash incentive, it's not insurance we're selling a parker pen or carriage clock?
It's young talented footballers wanting a game of football,what do you want to give them a 5% development fee?
When a club takes a player on loan it's to improve on what they already have it works both ways some loans are successful and some are not for a thousand different reason. 

So why is it better for a player to sign for Celtic then be farmed out on loan to (say) Partick than for him to sign for Partick in the first place? That way if Celtic want him Partick get a transfer fee.

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

Spoke with the wife, who is a solicitor, and he first question was ‘who’s is the firm’ and then said ‘why them, they are not a big firm for this. They are property / insolvency experts’

She then read the petition and shrugged ‘could go either way but without reading the answers, your only hearing one side’ She did say if she were the judge she wouldn’t be impressed with them only wanting certain bits overturned. The champions and European competitors should all be part of it, you can’t pick and choose the parts you don’t like.

To be honest, if they are citing issue with the Dundee thing then surely that makes the entire resolution void? 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think we need a P&B resignation expert to judge.

@Ric

As i'm an expert on so many things, it's only natural something like this would be referred to me for my perusal.

As for JT, considering the number of piss poor JKB dregs that have popped over here recently, with spouting countless absolutes that never came to fruition, he's hardly stood out as being a bad poster. In fact I've agreed with him that some of the comments about successful businesswoman Ann Budge have strayed into personal insult and misogyny when really she should be derided for her piss poor decisions alone.

He'll be back, though, it's the mark of a good poster to return you know.

To be honest, if they are citing issue with the Dundee thing then surely that makes the entire resolution void? 

I should add contract law is not her specialty, but yes she says the whole thing should be ripped up if the judge agrees with them not just the cherrypicked bits that effect them.

So can't be fucked reading through pages of nonsense since I last posted on here, but I take it everyone is of the mindset that Heart of Seethelothian have shat the bed by not challenging Celtic's title win, despite them challenging others' right to be promoted for winning their leagues?

I stupidly listened to some of Sportsound the other day and even dyed in the wool maroon flag waving numpties like English and McCann could argue the success of the legal action when it was laid out by Winnie. This despite these people saying it's a shoe-in that they will succeed before any legal papers were written.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

So can't be fucked reading through pages of nonsense since I last posted on here, but I take it everyone is of the mindset that Heart of Seethelothian have shat the bed by not challenging Celtic's title win, despite them challenging others' right to be promoted for winning their leagues?

Their own paper is ruined by contradictions.

They needed to go after the whole lot, but their cowardice in terms of challenging Celtic has led to them giving evidence against their own case before they even get to their points.

"Shat the bed" is the correct term.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I should add contract law is not her specialty, but yes she says the whole thing should be ripped up if the judge agrees with them not just the cherrypicked bits that effect them.

Somebody elsewhere said almost the same thing.

While its all very amusing to me as a Hibby, I also read yesterday that Cove/Raith/Dundee Utd might have to fork out tens of thousands just to prove what we already know - that they have been promoted.

Its just silly.

54 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I did have sympathy for hearts, thistle and stranrear. They lost out because they were bottom when the leagues stopped. On points per game, they were still bottom, although partick had the game in hand so i can see why they are aggrieved.

They are making the point that - why should teams lose out because of a global pandemic? Yet they are happy for the teams that have been top of their leagues for the majority of the season as well to lose out? Bit of hypocrisy going on.

What happens if hearts win this? Do united, raith and cove end up fighting it and and we just go on and on?

Maybe in the english/german leagues they can restart because of the bankroll of sky money, but scottish football lower leagues can’t because we don’t have the cash to play the rest of the season plus at least 1/4 of next season behind closed doors.

Would budge happily see others go bust to save hearts skin? And where are they pulling this sum of 10 million from? Dundee are reporting losses of half a million, so i doubt that between partick and hearts they are losing as much as that. 

The money that Doncaster is having to refund to SKY/BT/BBC would have covered the costs of finishing the season behind closed doors. Would just have resulted in a month or two delay to starting next season.  But do you think RR gave that a moment's thought before voting to f**k a handful of other teams?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their own paper is ruined by contradictions.

They needed to go after the whole lot, but their cowardice in terms of challenging Celtic has led to them giving evidence against their own case before they even get to their points.

"Shat the bed" is the correct term.

It's promotion and, more specifically, the accompanying relegation that financially impacts Hearts,Partick etc. Whether or not Celtic, Dundee Utd etc are "declared champions" is neither here nor there. (except at Ibrox obvs).

I skimmed through the thing. Basically Hearts are whining that they'll suffer severe financial consequences if they're sent down. The fact that Dundee United would therefore suffer severe financial consequences if they're not allowed to come up doesn't get a mention.

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

The money that Doncaster is having to refund to SKY/BT/BBC would have covered the costs of finishing the season behind closed doors. Would just have resulted in a month or two delay to starting next season.  But do you think RR gave that a moment's thought before voting to f**k a handful of other teams?

With regards the above comment, I point you towards my post from yesterday. It is not a handful of teams and many of those teams affected or fucked as you eloquently put it voted to, to use your phrase, f**k themselves as in their view it was for the best for Scottish football as a whole rather than their self interest (promotion, bigger gates, more prize money, glory).

21 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

This is my point also, especially with the way Tom English spouts forth. Everytime he(or others to be fair) brings up Kelty and Brora being denied promotion. They weren't/haven't been, they've been denied a play off to have a play off see if they can win a promotion. As have...

ICT

Ayr United

Dundee

Arbroath (possibly)

Dunfermline (possibly)*

Morton (ossibly)*

Falkirk

Airdrie

Montrose

East Fife

Edinburgh City

Elgin

Cowdenbeath

Queens Park

Many voted to give this up for what they felt was for the best for Scottish Football, not just "f**k Hearts and Partick!" (Stranraer were 9pts adrift).  Them you have English telling Cowdenbeath's Donald Findlay, when this was pointed out, "were you really?" & Telling him your form wasn't good enough. They were in 4th place, a play off place. They had more chance of a playoff than Hearts of avoiding relegation.

Then there is the lack of relegation for Brechin. I think they mean Brechin avoid a playoff to see if they stay up or go down. Exactly the same as

Hamilton

Ross County

St. Mirren

QoS

Alloa

Forfar

Peterhead

Who were all in playoff place or could easily have ended up in it. But, but Brechin

"Tainted titles", shouldn't get promotion because season never finished, so how does that square with Kelty Hearts? 5 games to go 6 pts clear of Bonnyrigg Rose who had a game in hand. Yet they should be promoted??

There are always going to be winners & losers, it is unavoidable. But there is some amount of truth bending, facts being ignored and similar situations airbrushed if they don't fit the point. In short there is some amount of absolute bollocks talked from press, fans, clubs etc. You can't focus on one "escape"/"wrong doing" while ignoring the rest.

* Added thanks to DeeTillEhDeh reminding me that they were only 3 & 4 pts off play off place respectfully.

This month or two that you keep banging on about, how would this have worked?

We still are not allowed, by those who make the laws, to play football in Scotland. That would mean those 8 games, plus play offs, STILL could not be played.

When would they have started training?

If they were training so that they were ready to go at the drop of a hat that would mean that players could not be furloughed as they were working.

The new Sky contract causes a bit of an issue due to it being a legal document between two parties that would not be able to commence when it had been agreed.

UEFA has a deadline set for leagues further down the rankings, that we fall into in Scotland, to notify them of that leagues representatives. How would that fit in?

I'm not trying to be a dick about things, but some of these have been put to you and not really answered. I'm asking as I genuinely would like to know how this could have been done.