League Reconstruction 20/21 season

20 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It's terrible isnt it.  Damn being 40 plus.

Meh, the 40ish club was 10 years ago for moi................

feeling old GIF by A&E

Edited by Green Day

3 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

Thanks Willy, I understand that the colt team would be treated like any other team in the league.  What I'm trying to understand is how it would benefit League Two teams, if the better players go out on loan to higher divisions & how this situation would benefit higher league teams if their youth development is being blocked by loanees from the colt team?

What do you mean instead of the bribe sorry cash incentive, it's not insurance we're selling a parker pen or carriage clock?
It's young talented footballers wanting a game of football,what do you want to give them a 5% development fee?
When a club takes a player on loan it's to improve on what they already have it works both ways some loans are successful and some are not for a thousand different reason. 

I forgot the infant behavior of tears and snotters, the tarts are already doon it's just the compensation to be worked out.
What do you think of Daniel Church?
Dunno, you'd need to ask someone who has seen him play. I'm 300 miles away.

It might be a cynical way to look at things, but it could be argued that football players are commodities like insurance policies, parker pens or carriage clocks, the value of which is determined by the market they are operating in.  I don't think I mentioned bribes or cash incentives, so maybe we're talking at cross purposes here.  What I'm trying to work out is how it benefits League Two teams to have lower quality youth players in their division, introduced via colt teams, if the better quality youth players are loaned out to clubs in higher divisions?  This then creates an issue for the development of youth players at other clubs, as these players are being blocked from progressing by loanees from the colt team.  I understand that some loans may work & others may not, just as some transfers are successful and others are not. 

14 team league could work with playing each other 3 times 39 games.

Add an extra game by starting the season with first weekend being The Super Derby Weekend.

Rangers v Celtic
Hearts v Hibs
Inverness v Ross County
Motherwell v Hamilton
Aberdeen v Dundee Utd
Killie v St Mirren
St Johnstone v Livingston (not a derby but always going to be 1 or 2 that arent)

This also gives the you the sacred 4 old firm games. No silly split and 40 games.

14 team league could work with playing each other 3 times 39 games.

Add an extra game by starting the season with first weekend being The Super Derby Weekend.

Rangers v Celtic

Hearts v Hibs

Inverness v Ross County

Motherwell v Hamilton

Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Killie v St Mirren

St Johnstone v Livingston (not a derby but always going to be 1 or 2 that arent)

This also gives the you the sacred 4 old firm games. No silly split and 40 games.

Why would Hibs play hearts?

Hibs are a premiership team.

Any would Hibs play hearts?

Hibs are a premiership team.
I know this would be in a 14 team league. Not perfect but nothing is. The current 12 team league has its faults too. The only 100% fair league is larger leagues playing each other twice.

I know this would be in a 14 team league. Not perfect but nothing is. The current 12 team league has its faults too. The only 100% fair league is larger leagues playing each other twice.
We won't be having a 14 team league.

We won't be having a 14 team league.
Fair enough for next season but we could look at something like this in the future. Fans all like a derby and hate playing teams 4 times. This is a good compromise. Only playing most teams in the league 3 times and no crappy split.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

@Pet Jeden

this is about the 5th time we've got to this stage and youve just ignored answering this.

How do clubs pay £200k to complete the play offs, while simultaneously having to pay full squads from March to July without amy matchday income?

How is that better than allowing them to furlough all staff and let some staff leave at the end of their contracts?

There's already a long established rule for dealing with teams unable to fulfil any fixtures. Is it 0-3? If teams had preferred to hang on to Furlough dosh and concede the points instead, they could have been doing that from next week. Think most premier teams would have bitten bullet and played. A choice was made. There was not only one option.

Edited by Pet Jeden

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

It's terrible isnt it.  Damn being 40 plus.

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Meh, the 40ish club was 10 years ago for moi................

feeling old GIF by A&E

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Try being 50+.

emoji19.png

Youngsters, the lot of ye.

11 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

There's already a long established rule for dealing with teams unable to fulfil any fixtures. Is it 0-3? If teams had preferred to hang on to Furlough dosh and concede the points instead, they could have been doing that from next week. Think most premier teams would have bitten bullet and played. A choice was made. There was not only one option.

So you think it's better for Scottish football to punish small clubs and reward rich clubs, purely because small clubs need to shut down to survive?