League Reconstruction 20/21 season

27 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

It's about £5k per game per team, so £10k for a playoff. Meaning Brora and Kelty are gambling £10k or £20k on getting to the league, with no guarantee on getting there, which is surely prohibitive. £200k might be the total cost for all teams combined.

As for demanding that teams who can't afford to play football without income due to the coronavirus, paying out money to teams that claim they can afford to play games - are you even bothering to listen to the insane and impossible fantasyland guff you're spouting? How do you think forcing teams with no money to pay money to teams that have money will go?

I did say /can't be arsed. But do you think Falkirk can afford to unfairly be shafted for the sake of Raith Rovers? You think Stranraer can afford a relegation? Everybody will be struggling (except clever-clogs Dundee with their squillionaire owner and the insurance policy he seems to be relying upon). But some clubs have been happy to shaft other struggling clubs.

btw,you're a bit tetchy these days, Aim. You're not a Hibs employee are you?

43 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Sceptical that it would cost that up here. But anyway, if your argument is that some teams can't, or can't be arsed, paying the costs to see out their league fixture obligations, then shouldn't those teams be compensating the teams who are prejudiced by those fixtures not being played out?

Would it not follow that a if a side is unable to afford the costs of testing, then they are equally unable to afford paying compensation to the teams that are prejudiced by not playing said fixtures? 

13 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

It's a familiar story. Although there are inherent flaws in its design and position relative to services, the idea that placemaking can solve socioeconomic deprivation should be discredited. The 'market' creates winners and losers and accordingly some areas are desirable while others are not. Government need to take a holistic approach, renovating and rebuilding properties and spaces is only a single element. Providing people with social support and jobs is even more important

There are some fantastic houses gone into Niddrie is recent years but the area has a reputation which is difficult to shake. If it can be regenerated, will that benefit the original community? Should our notions of community be different to what they were 20+ years ago considering the amount people move around now due to work patterns? 

We're way off topic now 😄

The bit in bold is key, jobs, services etc. were an afterthought when these estates were thrown up on the periphery of the city. No surprise then, when some of it barely lasted 30 years.

It's for another thread anyway, unless we're talking about razing Tynecastle to build social housing after Hearts are chucked out of Scottish football.

32 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

Did you not previously state that one of the benefits of Celtic having a colt team would be that there would be less young Celtic players available for loan, thereby providing other Scottish clubs with the opportunity to develop their own youth prospects?

Yes the numbers will be reduced instead of having loan players all over the place.

Why didn't successful businesswoman Ann Budge, mega rich Hearts and their extremely generous benefactors not just simply offer to pay all costs towards completing the season at the first possible opportunity ?

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes the numbers will be reduced instead of having loan players all over the place.

But would this not then create a sub par colt team in League Two, if the smaller number of high quality youth players are being loaned out at a higher level? Does this not create a situation where there is no added benefit to League Two sides, as they are playing against inferior youth players and, for every high quality youth player that goes out on loan in the higher leagues, this still blocks a place for a youth player at another club, by your rationale?  Where is the upside in this situation? 

Why would it cost any different?
I'm saying that your argument is it's better to force clubs to pay six figure fees, and full wages for 3 months, while having no clue what division theyll be in, instead of allowing them to hibernate, save heavily on wages, and plan for the future.
The clubs in the play offs voted against hosting play offs.
You are wasting your time with him.

download%20(10).jpeg

50 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I did say /can't be arsed. But do you think Falkirk can afford to unfairly be shafted for the sake of Raith Rovers? You think Stranraer can afford a relegation? Everybody will be struggling (except clever-clogs Dundee with their squillionaire owner and the insurance policy he seems to be relying upon). But some clubs have been happy to shaft other struggling clubs.

btw,you're a bit tetchy these days, Aim. You're not a Hibs employee are you?

Thing is, though. Under a normal played-out season, Falkirk's chance of promotion would be still less than 50-50 and Stranraer's chance of avoiding relegation were pretty much zero. If you pro-rate the "damage" done by relegation with the probability of things having been different had the season been played out, you still end up with negligible compensation due to most actors here.

Had the season been played out, 80% of the time, Hearts would have been relegated anyways (I did the maths!). So even if Hearts are due anything, it would still be 1/5 of the supposed damage caused by relegation.

As for tetchiness, people get tetchy when they have to keep repeating to toddlers the same answers to the same questions again and again....

2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I thought this thread was about league reconstruction with an emphasis on Hearts.  My posts take that intro account and there are numerous threads about Colts participation in the League. When you get relegated next (truncated) season , you might be glad of an opportunity to take on Celtic or Rangers Colts.😄😄😄

My team get relegated...LOL...We are probably one of the few teams strengthening their squads already for next season..you must be mistaking me for a Hearts fan my friend

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

That I think that making no attempt to even play a handful delayed play-offs was also wrong. But Brechin, Alloa and Hamilton Accies were on the board that steered the decision. Funny that.

It's no' fair.

24 minutes ago, Golden Gordon said:

But would this not then create a sub par colt team in League Two, if the smaller number of high quality youth players are being loaned out at a higher level? Does this not create a situation where there is no added benefit to League Two sides, as they are playing against inferior youth players and, for every high quality youth player that goes out on loan in the higher leagues, this still blocks a place for a youth player at another club, by your rationale?  Where is the upside in this situation? 

The colt team will be treated just like any team, players going out and players coming in I wouldn't imagine the full team go out on loan after the first season.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The colt team will be treated just like any team, players going out and players coming in I wouldn't imagine the full team go out on loan after the first season.

Thanks Willy, I understand that the colt team would be treated like any other team in the league.  What I'm trying to understand is how it would benefit League Two teams, if the better players go out on loan to higher divisions & how this situation would benefit higher league teams if their youth development is being blocked by loanees from the colt team?

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Sceptical that it would cost that up here. But anyway, if your argument is that some teams can't, or can't be arsed, paying the costs to see out their league fixture obligations, then shouldn't those teams be compensating the teams who are prejudiced by those fixtures not being played out?

If they can't pay the costs to see out their league fixtures, they're hardly going to be in a position to compensate the teams who are prejudiced by those fixtures not being played, are they?

ETA: I know it's already been mentioned, but it really can't be repeated often enough.

Edited by Jacksgranda

5 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Sorry, but unless you’re a deluded fuckwit that’s also blind and deaf there’s NO FUKING WAY the celgers colts would be treated “the same” as other clubs emoji1750.png

If the point was about 'honest mistakes' & preferential refereeing decisions then you would be absolutely right.  See James Keatings furore for example.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Why didn't successful businesswoman Ann Budge, mega rich Hearts and their extremely generous benefactors not just simply offer to pay all costs towards completing the season at the first possible opportunity ?

They could also have appointed a manager/built a team capable of winning just two more games (or their last one by two goals).

C'est la vie.