League Reconstruction 20/21 season

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

The vote was to end the Championship, League 1, League 2, hand out final position monies, cancel the play offs and enter into reconstruction talks. Nothing to do with the league Hearts were in at the time.

There was also a vote to end The Premier by Premier League clubs only, this would have had a direct impact on Hearts, how did they vote on this?

The SPFL proposal also said that, if the remaining Premiership matches couldn't be played, the Board had the authority to call the Premiership on the same PPG basis. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking up something, and theres maybe a similar case in Scottish football before.

2003/04.

Partick finish bottom. ICT to be promoted.

ICT stadium doesnt fit criteria so they agree to groundshare with Aberdeen.

Requires a vote to allow them in, due SPL/SFL being separate organisations. 

Vote goes way of Partick, ICT denied promotion.

Hearts and Hibs claim "unclear advice" given in lead up to the vote, so want a second vote.

Partick go to court to try and prevent a second vote.

Court rules against Partick.

Second vote goes way of ICT.

It's not the exact same, but the "unclear advice" bit sounds like what Hearts have tried to argue. Half a chance all that happens is we have another vote.

I wish I could have seen the reactions of the Partick fans, who were in the away end at Broadwood wildly celebrating our winning goal to put us top, when they found out we were getting promoted and they were going down.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking up something, and theres maybe a similar case in Scottish football before.

2003/04.

Hearts and Hibs claim "unclear advice" given in lead up to the vote, so want a second vote.

It's not the exact same, but the "unclear advice" bit sounds like what Hearts have tried to argue. Half a chance all that happens is we have another vote.

I think Thistle might've appointed the same QC this time as well, since he made such a good job of it the last time.

29 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I have already said ad nauseam that It will not ever ever happen despite the bullying and bribes . Since you are so keen, why don't you answer my suggestion about placing  the Colts in the Championship especially since they would  have  the opportunity to exercise their talents against big teams like Hearts ?

WTF....Why do you keeping feeding him...we are sick to death of the Colts chat, its dead...Start another thread please

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

2003/04.

Dont forget the season before that where Falkirk were denied promotion for the same reason (stadium doesnt meet minimum requirements) which resulted in Motherwell staying up.

11 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Dont forget the season before that where Falkirk were denied promotion for the same reason (stadium doesnt meet minimum requirements) which resulted in Motherwell staying up.

Falkirk were denied for not agreeing a groundshare, and just having a verbal agreement with Airdrie. 

SPL clubs refused as, due to SPL/SFL being separate, there was no guarantee they could avoid fixture clashes to use Airdries ground.

5 hours ago, ropy said:

Then I don’t understand what you are arguing

That I think that making no attempt to even play a handful delayed play-offs was also wrong. But Brechin, Alloa and Hamilton Accies were on the board that steered the decision. Funny that.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

That I think that making no attempt to even play a handful delayed play-offs was also wrong. But Brechin, Alloa and Hamilton Accies were on the board that steered the decision. Funny that.

You seem to forget that it was decided by a members' vote.

Just now, Bohemian said:

Good morning everyone, Hearts still relegated?

You're right to ask, because if you made an assumption based on the number of Hearts fans still posting in the Premiership forum, you'd likely be very wide of the mark.

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You've never explained when you want(ed) the play offs to be played.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Falkirk were denied for not agreeing a groundshare, and just having a verbal agreement with Airdrie. 

SPL clubs refused as, due to SPL/SFL being separate, there was no guarantee they could avoid fixture clashes to use Airdries ground.

They didn't even have that Campbell Christie lied to the League that he had agreed a lease. 

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

How about the next few weeks

When its costing English clubs £200k each to complete their plays offs, and our top flight is due to start in 5 weeks?

11 minutes ago, The DA said:

You seem to forget that it was decided by a members' vote.

A members vote with all the options and consequences laid out in an objective board paper? With reasonable notice? Without dubious financial inducements? With a proper voting process? If the court is satisfied with all of that, then that's certainly one pillar of the Hearts/Partick case out the window. If not...

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

As an Edinburgh City fan I think our board voiced their disappointment at the play offs not going ahead 

We were still due to play Cove but it was unlikely we would have caught them so I had no problems with them being declared champions.

The play offs raise an interesting point though- City, Cowden and Stirling, Elgin or Queens Park would have been involved. Our record against the others in the League was not so convincing that I wouldn't have ever said we were favourites. Indeed I think QP were in great form at the time of shutdown and I might have backed them to go up. So it can be argued that by not having play-offs more than 1 club was denied their possiblity of promotion.

This is my point also, especially with the way Tom English spouts forth. Everytime he(or others to be fair) brings up Kelty and Brora being denied promotion. They weren't/haven't been, they've been denied a play off to have a play off see if they can win a promotion. As have...

ICT

Ayr United

Dundee

Arbroath (possibly)

Dunfermline (possibly)*

Morton (ossibly)*

Falkirk

Airdrie

Montrose

East Fife

Edinburgh City

Elgin

Cowdenbeath

Queens Park

Many voted to give this up for what they felt was for the best for Scottish Football, not just "f**k Hearts and Partick!" (Stranraer were 9pts adrift).  Them you have English telling Cowdenbeath's Donald Findlay, when this was pointed out, "were you really?" & Telling him your form wasn't good enough. They were in 4th place, a play off place. They had more chance of a playoff than Hearts of avoiding relegation.

Then there is the lack of relegation for Brechin. I think they mean Brechin avoid a playoff to see if they stay up or go down. Exactly the same as

Hamilton

Ross County

St. Mirren

QoS

Alloa

Forfar

Peterhead

Who were all in playoff place or could easily have ended up in it. But, but Brechin

"Tainted titles", shouldn't get promotion because season never finished, so how does that square with Kelty Hearts? 5 games to go 6 pts clear of Bonnyrigg Rose who had a game in hand. Yet they should be promoted??

There are always going to be winners & losers, it is unavoidable. But there is some amount of truth bending, facts being ignored and similar situations airbrushed if they don't fit the point. In short there is some amount of absolute bollocks talked from press, fans, clubs etc. You can't focus on one "escape"/"wrong doing" while ignoring the rest.

* Added thanks to DeeTillEhDeh reminding me that they were only 3 & 4 pts off play off place respectfully.

Edited by Tannadeechee
Adding Dunfermline & Morton to those affected