League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

The vote was to end the Championship, League 1, League 2, hand out final position monies, cancel the play offs and enter into reconstruction talks. Nothing to do with the league Hearts were in at the time.

There was also a vote to end The Premier by Premier League clubs only, this would have had a direct impact on Hearts, how did they vote on this?

Hey @MegaRichJambos, you conveniently missed out on answering my post.

Look forward to your reply.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hey @MegaRichJambos, you conveniently missed out on answering my post.

Look forward to your reply.

Hi johnnydun,

Thanks for waiting.

I believe Hearts were classed as a Championship team by the time that vote happened. So didn't have much of a say in it.

I am happy to be corrected and sincerely hope everything works out well at Dundee.

Just now, MegaRichJambos said:

Hi johnnydun,

Thanks for waiting.

I believe Hearts were classed as a Championship team by the time that vote happened. So didn't have much of a say in it.

I am happy to be corrected and sincerely hope everything works out well at Dundee.

Hearts were classed as a Championship club before the Premier was even declared? That's some going.

We will be fine thanks, £500k loss is a drop in the ocean to us, even if it reaches £23m then I still know we can be bailed out by the fans again. Still, the insurance is a strong possibility anyway. 

I don't know how we managed to survive last season after the alleged £8m it costs for relegation.

1 hour ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Only award damages really. Either to Hearts and Partick or Dun Utd, Raith  and Cove. 

I really don't see it going that far though.

Neither do I, but I can't agree on how you think this ends.   

3 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

Your point on Celtic releasing players, surely the colts idea is a safeguard regarding this in many instances? It'll give them much more of a chance to assess them based on first team football & much more of a platform to develop into players good enough for Celtic or be sold at profit? 

NO, I would be very surprised if any player from the colt team would still be playing in league 2 at the age of 21 in fact two years in league 2 would be enough to see if the player needs to move up or be released just like Robertson.
My take on it would be after the first year the best players would be put out on loan at a higher level and replaced with the U18's after the second year the same process but the players having had 2 seasons in league 2 will be released plus there will be players fast tracked into the Celtic first team.the conveyor belt will be more efficient.
The idea of the colt teams is to improve the level from the bottom upwards, it would be a surprise if Celtic got a similar success rate as say the class of 92.
Celtic will be lucky if they get 2 or 3 into the first team each year so to say it will only benefit Celtic I totally disagree.

4 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

Why should other Scottish clubs support Celtic & Rangers in getting "the best they can get" at their own expense? It defies logic.

Because this is the status quo and we both agree this needs to change, Celtic will continue to do what they are doing with a more streamlined system with less players out on loan other clubs will be more able to produce their own talent instead of taking a Celtic player.

4 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

I am not saying teams don't benefit from it, I am fully aware they do. My point is B teams would not progress the trickle down effect for many clubs. If Man City & others had B teams in the English Championship which is clearly a higher level than pretty much all bar 2 Scottish teams, do you honestly think it wouldn't be a likely destination for someone like Frimpong?

The fact that Celtic are buying players from this trickle down effect also helps the Scottish game,Celtic are leaving the Scottish market alone and looking else where.
You said it yourself the level of player in Scotland isn't good enough, it cost Celtic 1.2 million to get Jack Hendry or 300 grand for Frimpong where would you shop.

I agree they're certain positions in the Scottish national team that are not good enough we're about 4 or 5 players away from being at a major tournament.
For me this is an improvement from 5 years ago so the national team is going in the correct direction.
Next season I will be looking for an apology when we beat Norway and Serbia.   

4 hours ago, Ric said:

This thread is like a club that's just shut the bar, it's 3am, the music's stopped, the lights have come up and all that's left are the drunkards with nowhere to go and those desperate for a pull.  Nothing anyone says is going to get the music back on or open the bar again.

I'll leave you to work out which one of you falls into which category.

Me? I'm the one shouting, "Come on, you all have homes to go to, drink up and be on your way!", while cashing up.

*cringe*

Can I just shock you? I like Hearts, despite what I said earlier. At any one time I have 8 Hearts in my cellar, it’s my weakness. 

I also like their stadium and I like the Hearts song where they spell out the word Hearts. 

9 hours ago, MegaRichJambos said:

There's only one club's wishes he is concerned about. 

The design was changed to incorporate more facilities/generate more income. It was not run perfectly but the benefactors bailed us out in any case.

I would have happily seen Budge and Levein go after last season's SC final but I'm glad she is here now.

Other clubs are having a cull and we are pumping money into women's football and all sorts.

She's acquired another 5 years worth of funding for us as well.

A confectionery shop is usually a good earner, and I'm sure successful businesswoman Ann Budge will have the humbugs flying off the shelves.

9 hours ago, Ric said:

This thread is like a club that's just shut the bar, it's 3am, the music's stopped, the lights have come up and all that's left are the drunkards with nowhere to go and those desperate for a pull.  Nothing anyone says is going to get the music back on or open the bar again.

I'll leave you to work out which one of you falls into which category.

Me? I'm the one shouting, "Come on, you all have homes to go to, drink up and be on your way!", while cashing up.

"You don't have to GET FUCKING DOON, but you can't stay here"