League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Consensus and unanimous are not mutually exclusive - far from it. There wasn't a formal vote, it was a consultation prior to a board decision, so the idea would have been to achieve consensus, and when you get that, you tend to also get unanimity. Neil Doncaster used the words 'clear and unanimous view' and he was in a position to know.

That's a lot of posts and words, Aim. But bottom line is you don't know if it's actually true that Hearts voted to end the league. Well, you do have Doncaster's statement...

8 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

I agree, the proposals that meant no team was relegated were going to tear Scottish football apart. 

Especially when it meant 2 teams would be promoted from each of the lower leagues.

Great point.

Your obviously the thinker of the group.

How one eyed :1eye

11 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

I agree, the proposals that meant no team was relegated were going to tear Scottish football apart. 

Especially when it meant 2 teams would be promoted from each of the lower leagues.

Great point.

It's a shame nobody from Hearts thought it worth bothering to phone around the  clubs to canvass opinion and see what adjustments to their offer might be needed. Seems the new succulent lamb supplying world beating business woman didn't realise that convincing Tom English isn't enough to sway minds in Scottish football.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Great point.

And you're obviously not of yours.

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That's a lot of posts and words, Aim. But bottom line is you don't know if it's actually true that Hearts voted to end the league. Well, you do have Doncaster's statement...

Let me get this straight. You're trying to posit the notion that Neil Doncaster is straight-up lying about what happened at a meeting with at least 12 other parties, at least some of whom are already disgruntled and have a motive to oust him - and were already demonstrably able and willing to call him out on a bunch of trumped up infractions - yet all 12 chose to remain silent about him doing this thing that would undermine his integrity, cost him his job, and land at least some of them a straightforward political victory?

The odds of that are frankly infinitessimal - and anyone entertaining that thought as a realistic proposition is, frankly, completely delusional.

Edited by Aim Here

Hearts pumped out a pathetic, whimpering, statement within 24 hours of the media publishing a story that they wanted to "deny Celtic the title", so I dare to say they'd do the same when people are claiming they agreed to end the season.

On 18/06/2020 at 15:23, Lee Van Tee said:

TBF to Trump, unlike Budge he has at least won one crucial vote.

Though he did lose by 3 million votes, which is a few more than Budge, but he faced a considerably kinder voting structure.

26 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Both cases are/would be against the SPFL.

Of course, DU/RR/Cove will also be getting a warning from the SFA of the severe consequences of legally challenging the SPFL. Aye, right.

Don't be silly. United & co will be arguing alongside the SPFL against Hearts.

Guest DAVIDB69
Hearts are more pathetic than Sevco. Amazing stuff.
To think they could have avoided all this by not being utterly pish for months.

Or even got a chance to put that to the test for probably about four weeks twice weekly from about now. I say that as a Dundee United fan.

Hearts paper has apparently been leaked.

These are apparently the main points...

Essentially three grounds .....

1. Materially inaccurate representation provided by the Directors to clubs as the basis for the Good Friday vote.

"The Directors’ failure to so explain matters to Members constituted a breach of their duty to provide sufficient information to allow Members to make properly informed decisions when voting on the Written Resolution"

2. Under the rules, the original Dundee vote should have stood.

"In any event, in terms of article 185 of the Articles, it was deemed to have been delivered when it was sent. The Dundee Rejection Vote was executed and had effect when it was sent at 4.48pm on 10 April 2020."

3. "That the affairs of the Company have been and are being conducted in the circumstances set out above in a manner that is unfairly prejudicial to the interests of Members, including the petitioners."

It also confirms its all about the money, as they're happy to accept this situation if they get a pay out.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Of course, DU/RR/Cove will also be getting a warning from the SFA of the severe consequences of legally challenging the SPFL. Aye, right.

No they aren't DU/RR/Cove is purely in defense of the notice served on them. Why would they receive a warning when they haven't raised any action against the SPFL?

Edited by Tannadeechee

I'm away to ask a really daft question, but if United/Raith/Cove 'win' will Hearts & Partick Thistle need to foot the legal bills? Would the same work the other way round?
I'd imagine that if they are listed as defendants with the SPFL, then their legal costs would also potentially be covered when they win.

Its amazing hwo Hearts have gone from being a team that nobody outside of edinburgh gives a single iota of thought about to being the most hated team in Scotland. Managing to make yourself more unpopular than two  clubs that exist simply to stoke the fires of religious bigotry and intolerance in the general population is some going.

Um, what action have DU/RR/Cove raised against the SPFL or anyone else for that matter? They have instructed legal staff to respond to the Hearts/PT action.

9 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Or even got a chance to put that to the test for probably about four weeks twice weekly from about now. I say that as a Dundee United fan.

Don't believe that was possible. UEFA have said Leagues have to be finished by August. Consider the Scottish Government haven't said we can play yet, many clubs wouldn't have survived without the payments I would ask for genuine proposals for how this would have happened?