League Reconstruction 20/21 season

I've been fairly clear over the past week or so that I believe Hearts should get some form of compensation (nowhere near the £8m) due to the Championship season being shortened and the circumstances around them dropping into that division.
But is there not a parachute payment system not already in place?

We are a week or two behind England (south) and slightly ahead of parts of the north. Could have been training. SFA could have given all teams/players dispensation to allow registrations to run on a bit. Isn't this what UEFA are doing this to allow their 19-20 competitions to finish? Everything was guided by SKY-August  and Celtic's CL start.

If I was a millionaire . . . 

If my auntie had baws . . .

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Don't think my covid point was wrong as it turned out. Someone - who certainly knew their stuff - helpfully posted that the appropriate UK deaths number for comparison is 51K. So, Scotland's comparable £4.2k number is still worse  per head of pop. (7.7% of UK's) . Just not as bad as I had thought. 

Nope

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
2 hours ago, MegaRichJambos said:
Civil Law is based on the duty of care.
I can't be bothered with this anymore. I'll come back tonight or when the SPFL announce that Hearts have been reinstated, whatever happen first. 
You'll need to let go of those straws at some point, you'll  just hurt your hand.
HHGH

Not all civil law. Just delict. The attempt to get relegation/promotion cancelled is nothing to do with that.

The principle in law of delict was established in Scotland after a case in Paisley. 

Strange turn of events when Hearts are pinning their hopes on events that took place in Paisley. ........ I wonder if that has ever happened in the past?

Edited by DumbartonBud

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I won't annoy everyone going into it on this thread but that's a very selective use of statistics, on any measure I've seen England, and the UK, has a higher covid related death toll than Scotland. And Scotland's population is 8.2% of the UK btw. Here's a wee summary for those interested.

https://theferret.scot/scotland-covid-19-excess-deaths-rate/

I work in public health and with out dragging up anything. Yes this is correct.  

5 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

The principle of the law of delict was established in Scotland after a case in Paisley. 

Strange turn of events when Hearts are pinning there hopes on events that took place in Paisley. ........ I wonder if that has ever happened in the past?

Donoghue v Stevenson? Ah, that takes me back...

9 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Donoghue v Stevenson? Ah, that takes me back...

Me too, there was a statue recently erected to mark the case, hopefully Mrs Donoghue didn’t have a past life as a slave trader. 

In fact I passed the statue on the 11th March 2020 on the way to watch the final game of the 2019/20 season.  

Edited by DumbartonBud

Me too, there was a statue recently erected to mark the case, hopefully Mrs Donoghue didn’t have a past life as a slave trader. 

In fact I passed the statue on the 11th March 2020 on the way to watch the final game of the 2019/20 season.  
Is there a statue now? Wow, I didn't know that. Will pay a visit if/when I find myself in Paisley next season

I'm not sure about this one. He seems too ridiculous and self-parodic even to be someone on day release from Kickback. I'm guessing it's a non-Jambo poster play-acting on a second account to have a wee giggle at everyone's expense.
He does appear to be trying quite hard. A bit too hard to be honest.

We are a week or two behind England (south) and slightly ahead of parts of the north. Could have been training. SFA could have given all teams/players dispensation to allow registrations to run on a bit. Isn't this what UEFA are doing this to allow their 19-20 competitions to finish? Everything was guided by SKY-August  and Celtic's CL start.
Coulda-woulda-shoulda. And if my granny had wheels she'd be a wagon.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If I was a millionaire . . . 

If my auntie had baws . . .

If your team...

kept your original vote, you could have played out the season.

The news coming out if Dens Park and Easter Road is upsetting and completely unnecessary.

I hope all clubs survive this. But it looks pretty bleak for some, even after Ann Budge kindly found someone to donate to all clubs.