League Reconstruction 20/21 season

23 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Super successful business woman asks for cash directly as any well run club does.

A127C886-B3EE-4FFA-8893-9E5EB82C3496.png

Ann, I will need the expiry date and the last three digits on the back, thanks

15 minutes ago, GordonS said:

In fairness, I'm pretty sure Ann Budge made her own money. Trump inherited his, and he would have made the same profits since if he'd put it all in a decent tracker and devoted his life to colouring-in books. 

TBF to Trump, unlike Budge he has at least won one crucial vote.

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

You had the worst form in the league.

form.thumb.png.93733065efe9a8c3bc52dae8560eb6ec.png

How did they do in the last 24 points that were available as that seems to be the measure of what was to come

On 16/05/2020 at 19:05, Golden Gordon said:

Hearts' last eight Premiership results are as follows: 

St. Mirren 1 - 0 Hearts; Hearts 1 - 1 Motherwell; Hibernian 1 - 3 Hearts; Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers; Hearts 2 - 2 Hamilton; Celtic 5 - 0 Hearts; Hearts 2 - 3 Kilmarnock; St. Johnstone 3 - 3 Hearts.

Taking these last eight results as a benchmark, it could be argued that Hearts remaining eight games would gain them an additional nine points, having them finish the season on 32 points.

If you do the same for Hamilton:

Hamilton 1 - 0 Kilmarnock; Rangers 0 - 1 Hamilton; Hamilton 1 - 0 Motherwell; Hearts 2 - 2 Hamilton; Hamilton 1 - 3 Aberdeen; St. Mirren 1 - 1 Hamilton; Hamilton 1 - 4 Celtic; Hamilton 2 - 4 Livingston.

Using previous form as a guide, Hamilton would gain 11 points, finishing the season on 38 points. 

Hearts last eight league games.

2 hours ago, The Tackle said:

There was still 24 points to play for St Mirren could have easily ended up bottom.

Given just how shite you were, that would have been extremely unlikely, given your "rooted at the bottom" status.

You couldn't even muster 24 points from 30 games for fuck sake!:lol:

I wonder if The Captain still has his grave dancing shoes.:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

...is there somewhere to sit?

What have the SPFL 7 days to respond on? 

The SPFL now has seven days to respond to the petition, and a spokesman for the league said its solicitors are "studying this carefully".

They could respond with next season’s fixture list

Hearts had every opportunity to climb the table. Sure they could have turned it round in the last few fixtures but there was no real evidence they were better than the clubs just above them.  Since January, failed to beat County, drew at home to Accies (who were 2 up in 20 minutes before playing 70mins with 10 men and losing a late leveller). Their last match was the defeat to Saints where the Hearts support were booing their own players off and Stendel said they didn't have enough fight, only showing up for 45 minutes (although I question it was that long!) 

It's a bit of a sickener not getting to finish the fixtures, but the notion that Hearts were just about to rocket up the table is wishful thinking. 

Some of us admittedly a bit OTT about wage cuts at Hearts a while back. Hearts fans tugging themselves silly about Hibs' finances before their club starts begging for money.

Some useful lessons here on point scoring about financial difficulties during a global health crisis. Tpm51f2.png

44 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

League 2 is not a proving ground for youth, it's a league full of clubs trying their best and competing on the same basis as any other club. To add anything different to that is insulting and patronising to those clubs. 

If you genuinely think we need a different way of developing youngsters, may I suggest you look at the following: 

A) Idiot clubs like Falkirk ditching youth set ups to spunk cash on shite English National League cast offs

B) the quality of coaching available to young players 

C) a functioning youth/reserve league.

People dont like this because it's a stupid fucking idea. For once, its actually nothing to do with the fact the old firm are associated with it. 

Instead of red dotting me you decided to comment,i've said before the U20's works to a point plus a reserve league doesn't because of the loan system in place.
I'm sure Ewan Henderson is holding back the next promising star coming out of Ross county this is one of the problems the loan system creates.
I'm also sure the coaches at Celtic are just as good at the ones at Ross county all you are doing is making up excuses.

2 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Another few weeks and the bottom of the table could have changed dramatically. Ross County were in free fall. 

I argued this point with Tom English the other day on Twitter.

He went with Ross County's worst run of the season of 2 wins in 13 to fit his agenda. 9pts from 13 games which is roughly 0.69PPG. Hearts in the same period managed 0.85PPG. Any other amount of games (6, 15, 30, etc) Ross County's PPG is better but even with this specific one that Tom picked it would take Hearts a massive 38 (a full season) more matches to catch Ross County's 6 point lead. 😂

Edited by staggy4life