League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

There were plenty of chances to reconstruct the leagues in a fair way to avoid punishing member clubs but the small minded clubs opted for self interest. This is the last resort.

Demoting the bottom club who voted for the season to be concluded is not punishment, it's football.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"expelled from the senior league set up". F*** me.

It's possible.  If members do not abide by the other members' rules, why should those members accept them?

It would be different if the season-ending decision were illegal, but that's such high threshold.  Essentially, the Hearts/Partick case is that their interests should be preferred over those of the teams that would go up to replace them.  And if the SPFL had voted to annul the season, the teams denied promotion would have the same complaint, mutatis mutandis. 

Whatever happens, unless the season gets completed, SOMEone loses out.  It's not unreasonable to rely on performances over the majority of the season at the expense of unplayed games that are the minority.

1 minute ago, Golden Gordon said:

There were three opportunities to reconstruct the leagues, literally three bites of the cherry.  You can't argue unfairness on the basis of that.

Auld Ann kind of struggles with her falsers though. Three bites was the minimum she needed.

4 minutes ago, MacArab said:

And of course, there is zero self interest in Heart’s current crusade? 

Would Anne Budge be pursuing this crusade in the interests of integrity,  fairness and for the good of Scottish football if it was Hamilton Accies who ended up at the bottom of the pile when the league was stopped?

If it was any other club it would still be a shocking decision, it wouldn't be up to Ann Budge to pursue it, but I would like to think we would be on the side of that club. Ann Budge shouldn't have needed to even propose reconstruction as it's Neil Doncaster's role to look after all member clubs with a fair resolution.

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Fair point.

Personally, I look to Ann "We will accept relegation if that is what the community of football clubs believe is right" Budge as a model of ethical consistency. Throughout her long career as a successful businesswoman, Ann "There are too many clubs in Scottish football" Budge has stuck steadfastly to one, and only one, coherent set of principles. If ever I am at an ethical juncture in my life, I always think to myself - what would Ann "Please add two more clubs to the league to save hearts from relegation" Budge do in this situation? We should all look to Ann "I will take legal action if Hearts are relegated" Budge as our role model in these uncertain times.

For the good of Scottish football 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Demoting the bottom club who voted for the season to be concluded is not punishment, it's football.

What surprises me is that this outcome has come as a surprise to anyone, not least Hearts or the media.

This is football, not the Women’s Guild or a group of Brownie Troops. It is steeped in partisanship and self interest, and always has been. Nobody is going to be kind if it is going to be deemed detrimental to their own club. Fact.

We’re in this together as we need each other to play against, however, I am fairly sure that the vast majority of football fans don’t give a flying f**k about the fortunes of otherwise of other clubs, and any cursory interest that this brings about is either based on how this affects their own club’s standing, or for amusement factor.

Hearts need to realise that nobody outside their own fan base gives a f**k that they feel they have been wronged, and any Jambo that asked me the question about what if it United in this position, my response would be to say that I am just glad it isn’t.

No individual club is bigger than the organisation, and if Hearts need their wings clipped in order to allow things to move on.... So be it.

4 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

If it was any other club it would still be a shocking decision, it wouldn't be up to Ann Budge to pursue it, but I would like to think we would be on the side of that club. Ann Budge shouldn't have needed to even propose reconstruction as it's Neil Doncaster's role to look after all member clubs with a fair resolution.

He proposed 14-10-10-10 and the clubs overwhelmingly rejected it. What more could he have done?

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Hearts were selling out the away allocations the last time we were in the Championship.

The difference a successful team makes to Hearts away support is incredible. 

I know this, I actually think it would be a great laugh if you did boycott us tbh. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He proposed 14-10-10-10 and the clubs overwhelmingly rejected it. What more could he have done?

He gets paid 400k a season to act in the best interests of all clubs, I'm sure a fairer resolution could have been put together.

Just now, The Tackle said:

He gets paid 400k a season to act in the best interests of all clubs, I'm sure a fairer resolution could have been put together.

Did Hearts not think 14-10-10-10 was fair then?

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I know this, I actually think it would be a great laugh if you did boycott us tbh. 

Voluntarily punishing themselves by refusing to watch their team play seems like a tremendous idea. Although it might not be punishment, considering how shit they've been.

Unfortunately, if the Staunch legions couldn't hold the line enough to manage a boycott, there's zero chance that Hearts will either. Would be amusing to see them stuck in the Championship for another year due to terrible away form.

6 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

He isn't there to make decisions on behalf of the clubs, not on things such as reconstruction. His job is for the clubs to express what they want and for him to put it into action, liaise with SKY, all the rest of it.

There was a reconstruction committee set up to try and piece together something that would get the required support. It took them about a week to realise that was impossible. Then Budge put forward 14-14-14, then we had the Colts, then we finally had 14-10-10-10 as a last resort.

Reconstruction was simply never going to happen.