League Reconstruction 20/21 season

58 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

By the same token, other clubs should be able to challenge clubs that are taking the absolute piss, and also name their price, in this case, getting them to f**k.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but this is very much part of the process Hearts and Partick have chosen to go down.

Oh absolutely everyone needs to be held to account at some level but someone has to be an adult at some point in this, hopefully whatever the court decides, but we all know they'll be at the European Court of Human RightsRights and then United Nations. 

51 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There are routes of appeal within the football structures which clubs are supposed to follow in these cases. They can go to the SFA and then all the way up to CAS if they want. It is in the best interests of everyone involved in football to keep these things out of civil courts where possible.

Yes but it's money they are after which the SFA can't really award to them (to the level they want), as daft as their claim is they'll be making the SPFL sweat a bit by the numbers. 

Can they go to CAS right now given travel restrictions etc?  They obviously were never going to though....

I guess that they are hoping this never actually sees a courtroom and is just dealt with by mediation via correspondence pre-court and they get at best half of what they asked for. 

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Cammy, it’s 2020. These women didn’t make their mark in the world as models. What’s your point? Can we have your view on how sexy you find Billy Bowie?

69B47579-9B41-429D-8207-F686005E86B4.jpeg

Wid

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Hahaha I went to their game at Kilmarnock, they took an Ayr away crowd (to e.g. Falkirk) we won't miss their £3k before tax

Hearts were selling out the away allocations the last time we were in the Championship.

The difference a successful team makes to Hearts away support is incredible. 

5 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Of course they will. If the court rules that the relegation decision doesn’t stand, he/she isn’t going to say “except Stranraer’s relegation, that stands”. If the judge rules null and void, he/she isn’t going to say “except 32nd spot - that stands”. And if the judge awards compo , then the SPFL will offer Stranraer a proportionate amount - or deal with the no win - no fee lawyers that would just copy cat the case

The Hearts and PTFC case has two parts -  firstly that they are seeking to have their relegation overturned, and if that fails to seek compensation of the order of this fairy story £10m.

If they fail to have the relegation overturned (lets say because the rules they both signed up to as members of the SPFL allow this to happen), does it even look remotely likely that the continued case will then order punitive damages for exactly the same situation?

It is blatantly obvious that both clubs are simply looking for a few quid to disappear, and in Hearts case to appease the moonhowlers among your support - if the SPFL rules had been breached then this case would have been lodged months ago.

8 hours ago, Cardiff Hibs said:

First time caller.....

Dyed in wool Hibee so freely admit to being biased. But also hopefully fair and balanced. 

Well you've  come to the wrong place then. We deal in ill-informed extremes here and always have. 

Possible Elephant in room in regards to the Colts team idea, what if , very unlikely I know, one of the Colts teams was absolutely rank rotten and finished last in the league, would they be relegated to the fifth teir? If not why not?

14 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Possible Elephant in room in regards to the Colts team idea, what if , very unlikely I know, one of the Colts teams was absolutely rank rotten and finished last in the league, would they be relegated to the fifth teir? If not why not?

Wouldn't they be in a play-off spot instead of direct relegation? It would then depend on how restricted the OF are in terms of the colt team squads. Given that they were largely absolutely shite in the dingy cup, I would expect the bigot brothers would be keen to see loose criteria on how players can be added/removed from the colt squads, in case of such a scenario. Ultimately it doesn't matter, the OF aren't getting colt team, even with their tawdry attempts at bribery. They can f**k off. 

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

The Hearts and PTFC case has two parts -  firstly that they are seeking to have their relegation overturned, and if that fails to seek compensation of the order of this fairy story £10m.

If they fail to have the relegation overturned (lets say because the rules they both signed up to as members of the SPFL allow this to happen), does it even look remotely likely that the continued case will then order punitive damages for exactly the same situation?

It is blatantly obvious that both clubs are simply looking for a few quid to disappear, and in Hearts case to appease the moonhowlers among your support - if the SPFL rules had been breached then this case would have been lodged months ago.

I said if Hearts/Partick win, Stranraer will get the same remedy. Nothing you’ve you’ve said here contradicts that. Nobody asked you to repeat your assessment of Hearts/Partick winning the case.

It’s a bit opaque, but your apology is accepted.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

I said if Hearts/Partick win, Stranraer will get the same remedy. Nothing you’ve you’ve said here contradicts that. Nobody asked you to repeat your assessment of Hearts/Partick winning the case.

It’s a bit opaque, but your apology is accepted.

Hearts dont care about Stranraer, and this is entirely about getting money.

Engage your wee brain and ask yourself why theyve taken the genuinely hard done by club to court with them and not the side who were about 20pts off safety.

Hearts and Partick want money for themselves and that's it, I wouldnt be surprised if they argued against Stranraer getting a slice. 

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"expelled from the senior league set up". F*** me.

"M8 alliance 😂 

The Record really is shite. Having said that both of them being emptied into the Lowland League would be genuinely funnier than Rangers dying. 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

"M8 alliance 😂 

The Record really is shite. Having said that both of them being emptied into the Lowland League would be genuinely funnier than Rangers dying. 

Spartans would murder Hearts and they'd be lucky to be 4th best team in Edinburgh.

7 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Of course they will. If the court rules that the relegation decision doesn’t stand, he/she isn’t going to say “except Stranraer’s relegation, that stands”. If the judge rules null and void, he/she isn’t going to say “except 32nd spot - that stands”. And if the judge awards compo , then the SPFL will offer Stranraer a proportionate amount - or deal with the no win - no fee lawyers that would just copy cat the case. 

Chill. I can’t think what caused your bad tempered outburst.

988E6DCE-00F7-4D41-85AD-A19BD84C3865.jpeg

See you don't even know that Hearts are asking for,

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

"M8 alliance 😂 

But that can't happen if they're"expelled from the senior leagues". If only they could be.

I was never very enamoured of Hearts, probably because they more often than not beat us playing rather agricultural football, but I never wished them any real harm. Laughed when they were relegated, although they got relegated so often after the Premier League was formed it was sometimes difficult to remember which division they were in. Thought they (the board) didn't behave very honourably during the Wallace Mercer era in regard to buying up Hibs, maybe Hibs would have acted the same, I don't know. Certainly didn't want them to go bust when they entered admin and admired how the fans rallied round them. Now I'd be quite happy if I never heard mention of Heart of Midlothian football club again. I'm sure that sentiment will have no impact whatsoever on Hearts and their fans.

Always liked Partick Thistle, probably because we usually beat them, sometimes by quite big margins, so I'm a bit ambivalent about their role in this matter.

I'm still at a bit of a loss as to their legal grounds for going to court as opposed to "moral/fairness" grounds. Morals/fairness? In football?

During the SPFL voting rammy I think I saw a figure saying the SPFL has around £9m in working capital. It's just that the £10m is very much in line with that figure and seems a veiled but deliberate threat (even if it never happens) to bankrupt the entire league.