League Reconstruction 20/21 season

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The actual, eventual payout is going to be roughly what Anderson donated to the clubs isn't it ?

A great big fucking waste of time all round then.

nic3.png.34b2b95f0512697e2523ead2d64c46cc.png

Not quite.  As the money was distributed via the SPFL Trust then the donation was then Gift Aided.  Football screwing the tax man, I am sure I have heard this before.

59 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me the colts are for the development of young talent, only competitive football is what's needed at a certain point in that development(18 to 21), the level is less important than getting the 50 games under their belts.if the level isn't good enough or is too good then it should be reviewed.As far as the league they play in, their position in that league doesn't matter.
The challenge cup hasn't been effected by the colts, I wouldn't think they would be allowed to play in the Scottish cup.
It's not about devaluing the league they play in, it's about creating a conveyor belt of players to increase the level of our game at club level and hopefully national level.

So if the level isn't good enough what do you do? Pluck them out of one league and place them in another?

You're not all there.

Guest Flash
4 minutes ago, strichener said:

Not quite.  As the money was distributed via the SPFL Trust then the donation was then Gift Aided.  Football screwing the tax man, I am sure I have heard this before.

SFA could fine Hearts and Thistle the amount of their compo, then donate it via the charitable trust back to all the clubs.

35 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Aye, but why should it only be the Old Firm who get to play Colt sides? Every Premiership team should have the opportunity to field them.

Aye in a premier league Colt/Reserve team league they should not be involved league football.

15 minutes ago, strichener said:

And the lawyers get their slice too.

2 hours ago, renton said:

The 4070 figure is the all deaths with covid mentioned on death certificate. Whereas the daily figure Sturgeon reads out is confirmed as cause of death, which is 2400 odds - thats the figure you should compare with the UK 42000 figure. If you go on excess mortality, the gap between Scotland and England widens further.

Thanks. So is the Scottish 4070 “Death Cert mentions Covid” figure like for like with the UK’s 51804 below? In which case we are (at 5/7 July) still worse pro-rata than rUK?

A506C939-3D35-4FE1-A4AB-A4C9D8C15D33.png

If they somehow won their claim then every other club could also sue for compensation.

[Enter your club name here ] were, like Hearts, obviously going to win all of their last remaining games but were prevented from doing so and the rewards that would bring.

So they could all sue themselves ie the SPFL, for the potential losses incurred. All for the good of Scottish football and fairness.

Edited by NorthBank

19 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Hearts fan now early celebrating being awarded £10m. Just like the celebrations this time last week when they were staying up.

Never change, lads. :lol:

Could say the same about Hibs fans tbh,the arse is falling out of your club whilst the infatuation with Hearts continues to be the main focus.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/188814-spfl-declare-league-due-to-covid-partick-join-legal-action-cos-petition-lodged/&do=findComment&comment=7937257

Will they aye? :lol: 

7 minutes ago, woolf said:

Could say the same about Hibs fans tbh,the arse is falling out of your club whilst the infatuation with Hearts continues to be the main focus.

We're making cutbacks like majority of clubs in Scotland will be soon enough. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

The actual, eventual payout is going to be roughly what Anderson donated to the clubs isn't it ?
A great big fucking waste of time all round then.
nic3.png.34b2b95f0512697e2523ead2d64c46cc.png
This ^^^ In a nutshell what their aim is now. Budge / Anderson seemed sure their 30 pieces of silver would swing things their way. It didn't and now Anderson wants his "philanthropic gesture" back. Budge can't afford to hand it back given her clubs plight so she's taking a (huge and dangerous) gamble via the courts. It's about money, nothing more nothing less. She knows they won't be reinstated and she knows a court can't force reconstruction. She is desperate having been backed into a very deep and dark corner by her own support egged on by the media.

Hearts fan now early celebrating being awarded £10m. Just like the celebrations this time last week when they were staying up.
Never change, lads. [emoji38]
She would only spunk it Sevco style on a ridiculously over paid squad to play the like of Alloa, Arbroath and Morton. No big deal.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's been said before Celtic have players on loan all over the place if there is less on loan because of the colts other teams will be able to develop their own.

But if it was a club's strategy to develop its own youth players, surely it would do so without regard to Celtic? In that case it would make no difference to said club if Celtic's young players were available for loan or playing in a colt team. If I understand correctly, Celtic would be doing the whole of Scottish football a favour by keeping their youth players safely stored away in a colt team in League Two, so that they wouldn't be wreaking their magnificence in the rest of the leagues, to the detriment of all other Scottish clubs?

8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The same cuts that we did 3 months ago except without the mass payoffs?

AB has made an arse of a lot of things but her actions at the start of the pandemic were spot on,we had luminaries like Boyd and McManus  et al giving Hearts a kicking in the press when anyone with half a brain knew that deferred payments would be an absolute disaster.