League Reconstruction 20/21 season

16 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

There was no 'legal argument'. He was faced with 2 people saying "it's no fair" for 40 minutes and asking the same question over and over despite the same answer each time, to the point where DF wondered if he wasnt speaking English due to their utter inability to take in his answers. Tom English actually said that DFs career as a QC was based on 'natural justice'. I'm surprised DF didn't die from laughing at that description of a QC. There was no legal argument put to him at all. Endless hard luck stories. Tom English jumped the shark 3 months back and has now been eaten by it. 

DF’s football chairmanship in recent years has gone the same way as his QC career. 

As for legal argument, he said enough that Hearts/Thistle will jump upon.
I don’t claim to know for one minute how this will turn out. What I do know for a fact is that the SPFL (ergo member clubs) have kicked the  can far enough down the road re reconstruction votes for maximum chaos to be ensued. 
Championship not due to start until October. No rush if that’s where Hearts or Thistle find themselves.
Premiership restart on 1/8 now only 5 weeks away. You don’t need to be a hotshot lawyer to get an interdict against it starting.

Ross County, Hamilton & St Mirren living week to week with TV monies their get out of jail card. Can they wait for any appeal of final court case result regardless of Hearts/Thistle being successful? Another vote held? Sky want to renegotiate? 
When you realise the answer to all 3 is ‘no’. You’ll realise what happens next.

Carry on lads.

Edited by Roy McGregor brown stuff
Mentioned Hamilton twice

1 minute ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

DF’s football chairmanship in recent years has gone the same way as his QC career. 

I don’t claim to know for one minute how this will turn out. What I do know for a fact is that the SPFL (ergo member clubs) have kicked the  can far enough down the road re reconstruction votes for maximum chaos to be ensued. 
Championship not due to start until October. No rush if that’s where Hearts or Thistle find themselves.
Premiership restart on 1/8 now only 5 weeks away. You don’t need to be a hotshot lawyer to get an interdict against it starting.

Ross County, Hamilton & Hamilton living week to week with TV monies their get out of jail card. Can they wait for any appeal of final court case result regardless of Hearts/Thistle being successful? Another vote held? Sky want to renegotiate? 

Carry on lads.

Have Hamilton got two teams in the league?

45 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hearts also fail to win thier last few games.

I'm sure the Hibbys will be quick to correct you there.  ^_^

3 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

You do when Hearts voted to end the season, and all member clubs had a vote on their reconstruction proposal, and overwhelmingly rejected it. 

lionel-hutz.gif

57 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

A point missed by Tom English: both Brora and Kelty could also have been overhauled in their respective leagues had the Covid19 crisis not struck. Brora were well ahead but, unlikely though it may have been, four other sides could have caught them. Bonnyrigg Rose could have overtaken Kelty. 

However, these Leagues were called, Brora and Kelty were beneficiaries and the other clubs wished them well. 

I doubt the guys in the BBC studios, including English, have had a cursory glance at these leagues, if even that.

I congratulated Kelty because they played 25 league games and won 22 of them (losing only 1).  IF they'd only been ahead on goal difference OR Bonnyrigg had been able to leapfrog them via a game in hand I'd have suggested  legal action 😃

6 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Ross County, Hamilton & Hamilton living week to week with TV monies their get out of jail card. Can they wait for any appeal of final court case result regardless of Hearts/Thistle being successful? Another vote held? Sky want to renegotiate? 

Carry on lads.

He is still a QC and Advocate? He said little that Hearts can work with that hasnt been discussed over and over - especially the constant repeating of the same questions by Levein and English. Talk about not listening.

So Hearts want to get back in to the top tier by stopping the season and thus bankrupting most clubs and the league. Given the comments by Budge in May does it not cross your mind that by bankrupting the league with no income you will bankrupt yourselves? Total zoomer.

Just now, rainbowrising said:

He is still a QC and Advocate? He said little that Hearts can work with that hasnt been discussed over and over - especially the constant repeating of the same questions by Levein and English. Talk about not listening.

So Hearts want to get back in to the top tier by stopping the season and thus bankrupting most clubs and the league. Given the comments by Budge in May does it not cross your mind that by bankrupting the league with no income you will bankrupt yourselves? Total zoomer.

They bankrupt the league. The league returns as THE SPFL, sets up leagues & renegotiated SKY deal. You still don’t see it do you? 
Carry on Lads.

1 minute ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

They bankrupt the league. The league returns as THE SPFL, sets up leagues & renegotiated SKY deal. You still don’t see it do you? 
Carry on Lads.

Would THE SPFL leagues be restricted to full time clubs with grass pitches?

On 15/06/2020 at 20:29, Merkland Red said:

One resorts to raising their voice over the other. This person also resorts to trying to put words in the others mouth. This person continues to throw in hypothetical situation after hypothetical situation demanding to know what should be done.

The above person was not Donald Findlay.

Yep, quite entertaining to hear the combined minds of Craig Levein & Tom English attempting to cross-examine Donald Findlay into admitting to something he didn't intend to admit to. Can't see the problem there.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:
Nope, although Brora were a ballhair from it 
It’s the “SPFL is a closed shop” hyperbole  from the Brora chairman today that’s annoyed me 
Edinburgh City & Cove have demonstrably proved that’s not the case 

I fully expect the Chairmen of the teams in the three tier 5 leagues to keep banging that drum until there is automatic promotion/relegation between tiers 4 and 5.

Hope so. Bo'ness have a five year plan to fulfill. Still only two at tier 5 BTW. The WoS is tier 6.

Edited by LongTimeLurker