League Reconstruction 20/21 season

35 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Dundee statement a topper 😂

GTF Judas c***s🖕🏿

They are stalling on (£150k?) refunds for 2019-20 season tickets until they get an insurance pay out confirmed. Now they have suspended sales of season ticket sales for next season. The 2019 Accounts showed net liabilities of £2.58m. What could it all mean, I wonder? Maybe one of these jolly Dee boys can help explain.

Edited by Pet Jeden

Nope, although Brora were a ballhair from it 
It’s the “SPFL is a closed shop” hyperbole  from the Brora chairman today that’s annoyed me 
Edinburgh City & Cove have demonstrably proved that’s not the case 
I fully expect the Chairmen of the teams in the three tier 5 leagues to keep banging that drum until there is automatic promotion/relegation between tiers 4 and 5.

Listened to the BBC podcast. Craig Levein threatening Cowdenbeath with no loan signings was a particular highlight, just before he accused Scottish Football of being petty!
Levein and English were both handed their arses on a plate by Donald Findlay.

He completely schooled both of them.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Levein and English were both handed their arses on a plate by Donald Findlay.

He completely schooled both of them.

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.  Anais Nin

They are stalling on (£150k?) refunds for 2019-20 season tickets until they get an insurance pay out confirmed. Now they have suspended sales of season ticket sales for next season. The 2019 Accounts showed net liabilities of £2.58m. What could it all mean, I wonder? Maybe one of these jolly Dee boys can help explain.

I don't think any of that is surprising

I don't think many businesses would pay out until the insurance payment was confirmed.

The suspension of season ticket sales was done as soon as the SPFL announced that there would only be 27 games in the Championship next season.

Yes we have made losses but have done for the past 6 years with billionaire Tim Keyes picking up the bill.

Not sure what point you think you are making.

29 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Dundee could lose £50m a season for a decade and still find a way out of it.

Oh god!! Folk really thinking Donald Findlay dismantled the legal argument? He man was all over the shop. Without any irony, he said that Brechin deserved to stay up as they could’ve won the play-off game.. That logic for some reason couldn’t be applied to Thistle, Hearts and Stranraer!!

Don’t think I’d want him defending me in a court these days. 

Carry on lads. 

4 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Oh god!! Folk really thinking Donald Findlay dismantled the legal argument? He man was all over the shop. Without any irony, he said that Brechin deserved to stay up as they could’ve won the play-off game.. That logic for some reason couldn’t be applied to Thistle, Hearts and Stranraer!!

Carry on lads. 

Yeah. They could have won their last place playoff games too and that would have kept them u...

oh wait.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

I still feel sorry for Kelty and Brora but their “poor us” statements are starting to get on my wick

One of them had to play 4 games before their promotion, was far from guaranteed 

Brora and Kelty had to play each other in a play-off with the winner going on to a play-off against Brechin. It would have been impossible for both of them to be promoted without league reconstruction.

10 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Carry on lads. 

Yes that logic doesn't apply for the latter 3 teams you mention simply because they were all in relegation slots where as Brechin were in a play off slot.

Edited by khalidonianb

1 hour ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

I'm betting on an SPFL statement within the next 24 hours of the 26 clubs still confident they can stick this out. If none forthcoming you know for certain there’s panic & a split. 

Only the mind of a desperado would think this way. Why would the SPFL show their hand by issuing a statement, especially if they think Hearts have no case. 

11 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Carry on lads. 

Well the difference is that Thistle, Hearts and Stranraer had a play off position available, if only they weren't even worse than team already occupying it, so were in the automatic demotion position.

4 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Because a lot of your posts, and your signature, are about Livingston and though unflattering I thought it could just be self-deprecating. You have also indicated you support Meadowbank Thistle, which doesn't exist as far as I'm aware - a Google search resulted in Livingston FC as the top search result, so I wondered if you were being nostalgic. 

"Destroyed my club" would suggest that he knows Meadowbank Thistle don't exist any more.  Most ex supporters refuse to acknowledge that Livingston and Meadowbank are the same team, despite what fucking Wikipedia says (the tossers merged the Meadowbank and Livingston articles, but to this day they have different articles for Wimbledon FC and MK Dons).

Gordon is nostalgic, because he hasn't found another team to support since Thistle went pop.  I have, and I haven't any problem with Livingston these days.

16 minutes ago, Roy McGregor brown stuff said:

Carry on lads. 

8 minutes ago, khalidonianb said:

Yes that logic doesn't apply for the latter 3 teams you mention simply because they were all in relegation slots where as Brechin were in a play off slot.

As our learned friend @khalidonianb above points out, Brechin were in a playoff spot. Brora and Kelty would have had to playoff against each other in order to play Brechin.

Who should have won that?

I presume you are aware that no club in a relegation or promotion playoff spot actually played those games?

In any division?

So why should Brechin have gone down Tom?

p.s. fud

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:
Nope, although Brora were a ballhair from it 
It’s the “SPFL is a closed shop” hyperbole  from the Brora chairman today that’s annoyed me 
Edinburgh City & Cove have demonstrably proved that’s not the case 

I fully expect the Chairmen of the teams in the three tier 5 leagues to keep banging that drum until there is automatic promotion/relegation between tiers 4 and 5.

That’s fair enough, I think there should be automatic promotion & relegation at that level

The point is that wasn’t the structure in place this season 

A point missed by Tom English: both Brora and Kelty could also have been overhauled in their respective leagues had the Covid19 crisis not struck. Brora were well ahead but, unlikely though it may have been, four other sides could have caught them. Bonnyrigg Rose could have overtaken Kelty. 

However, these Leagues were called, Brora and Kelty were beneficiaries and the other clubs wished them well. 

I doubt the guys in the BBC studios, including English, have had a cursory glance at these leagues, if even that.