League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 minutes ago, McGarci said:

I mean they should have decide since 40/50 days ago resart now

That wasn't in their power though. The Scottish Government has only just eased lockdown to the point where Premiership teams were allowed to start non-contact training. They might be able to start contact training from next week, if the second stage of easing goes ahead as scheduled on Thursday.

Even if in a hypothetical scenario the Scottish Government had taken the same approach as the UK Government, and allowed the teams to restart training earlier, we wouldn't have had enough time to meet the deadline set by UEFA with a normal scheduling of games (i.e. no more than two in a week). EPL is restarting tomorrow and won't finish the 2019/20 season until the first weekend of August.

Edited by JamesM82

1 minute ago, The_Judge said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52983164

French Ligue 1: Season over but Toulouse & Amiens relegation suspended, court rules

However, Amiens and Toulouse - the French top-flight's bottom two clubs - could still be demoted because the State Council ruled that the French Football League (LFP) must re-examine its structure of the top two divisions.

What if they took the time to have a period of reflection on the structure of the divisions. Set up a Reconstruction Committee, perhaps lead by the effected clubs, and then voted on whether or not to make changes?

Apparently the LFP isn't as well run as the SPFL.

22 minutes ago, McGarci said:

I mean they should have decide since 40/50 days ago resart now

-------------

on the other hand, why the teams are begining to train? where will the league start?.....

The new season starts on August 1st for the top flight.

October for the second tier.

It's illegal to have fans in the ground, and only through furloughing staff have clubs been able to survive this long. There was zero way clubs could pay full wages for 3 months and survive without income.

23 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Any sense of sympathy I had for Hearts and Thistle (not that there was that much to be fair), is evaporating pretty fucking rapidly......

No...not you as well. :o

Guest JTS98
26 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Any sense of sympathy I had for Hearts and Thistle (not that there was that much to be fair), is evaporating pretty fucking rapidly......

I'm not angry. I'm disappointed.

image.jpeg.056afe07296d05bf61f63221a780cced.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Presume this is the one they'll pursue, citing the Dundee debacle etc.

Still farcical as I think you could hold that vote 10 times and get the same outcome.

Indeed. All that would happen is the vote would be declared, amusingly, null and void but it wouldn't prevent a re-run that has the same outcome.

However, because there's no provision for a "no" vote, a challenge on these grounds is doomed to fail. Any one of the clubs who explicitly did register a "no" vote were entitled to change it at any point before the legal deadline (which wasn't the Friday at 5pm). 

The only thing they could potentially grasp is the SPFL publishing the votes as they stood before all votes were in. However, there's nothing unlawful about that, even if it's on dodgy ground morally. 

3 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I hope so. Unfortunately I understand my own club voted against, which is shameful.

St Mirren voted against to save themselves from what would result in a, likely, 6 figure deficit compared to what they should earn this season. 

They also voted against a half arsed reconstruction which would stop any other, well thought out reconstruction, from happening in the next decade.