League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The new national anthem should be by a contemporary Scottish artist and be both inspiring to those singing it on the pitch and easy enough to be sung along to by drunks off the pitch.

I therefore propose Ebeneezer Goode by the Shamen.

Only one choice imo.

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The new national anthem should be by a contemporary Scottish artist and be both inspiring to those singing it on the pitch and easy enough to be sung along to by drunks off the pitch.

There's a precedent of sorts...

1 hour ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Are you a Livingston fan, or not? I have noticed a couple of your posts over the years, and always wonder whether you're a self-deprecating supporter, or whether you hate Livingston as they destroyed your club.

When have I ever given the impression of being a Livingston fan?

For the avoidance of doubt, I hate them because they destroyed my club.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

There's a club in the place got a relegation case
Coz they finished down in 12th as they weren't very good
Her friends call her Budgie and she's stinking out the cludgie
As they can't take relegation like a normal club would

Hearts winning could ruin the SPFL.  But what if we don’t want to be the SPFL anymore?

Outside the inaugural meeting of the PLOS

Anne Budge: “Hello, Can Hearts join your league?”

Neil Doncaster: “Sorry.  No Hearts!”

Keltys Chairman: Dopey laughter.

vk8yeenJSmVMuW72PmIZk0SKpr8=.gif

Edited by Lofarl

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

When have I ever given the impression of being a Livingston fan?

For the avoidance of doubt, I hate them because they destroyed my club.

Because a lot of your posts, and your signature, are about Livingston and though unflattering I thought it could just be self-deprecating. You have also indicated you support Meadowbank Thistle, which doesn't exist as far as I'm aware - a Google search resulted in Livingston FC as the top search result, so I wondered if you were being nostalgic. 

2 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Hearts winning could ruin the SPFL.  But what if we don’t want to be the SPFL anymore?

Outside the inaugural meeting of the PLOS

Anne Budge: “Hello, Can Hearts join your league?”

Neil Doncaster: “Sorry.  No Hearts!”

Keltys Chairman: Dopey laughter.

vk8yeenJSmVMuW72PmIZk0SKpr8=.gif

Thats a brilliant reference. Kudos.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not sure how we can drag that out for two minutes.

10 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Because a lot of your posts, and your signature, are about Livingston and though unflattering I thought it could just be self-deprecating. You have also indicated you support Meadowbank Thistle, which doesn't exist as far as I'm aware - a Google search resulted in Livingston FC as the top search result, so I wondered if you were being nostalgic. 

Nope, just pure hatred for them.

Well, hatred is too strong a word. Let's just say I'd shed no tears if they went into admin yet again.

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Has anybody signed Conor Salmon? Sorted.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Below is a good summary of the legal options. They've got no hope imho.

There are broadly three grounds of judicial review which you have to anchor a petition to the Court of Session in.

1:  has the decision-maker exceeded the powers they've been given by their founding documents? If so, the decision is ultra vires & can be set aside.

2:  is the decision irrational or unreasonable? This is a high test at common law, requiring the petitioner to show the decision is "so unreasonable that no reasonable decision-maker could have made it" within the parameters of their discretion.

3:  procedural impropriety. Broadly: was the procedure under which the decision was taken unfair, or inconsistent with the organisation's rules of procedure?

2 is very difficult.  Most JRs succeed on procedural failings.  Even so, it's difficult for the Jambos to say that the procedure was unfair in a way that fecked them over, given that pretty much every vote has been in favour of having some relegation. 

1 might be their best hope - to say that there is no provision for this sort of scenario, so they can't then change the rules part-way through the season.  But I don't know what the league rules say about things like amendments.

What's more a concern is I think FIFA reserves the right to take action against any FA that allows a court challenge against them.  A charitable view is that that protects associations from political interference (like Dynamo Berlin winning 10 titles in a row thanks to Stasi pressure).  A realistic view is it stops any independent scrutiny of the way they run the game.  But that's why most of these things end up in arbitration - that's not a court challenge, is quicker, and is more private. 

11 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Surely the SBW isn’t offering financial inducements to another club? Aren’t there rules against that?

Yes, I'm not sure Partick were meant to make that bit public.

No doubt itll be another "mystery benefactor" and not Hearts directly though.

the easier would have been wait like other leagues and restart the last part of the league without public, celtic wins the league, rangers 2th, fight beetwen motherwell and aberdeen for the 3th. and probably hearts down.... avoiding complains, judgment and this circus.....

but the SFL seems an amateur organization.....

4 minutes ago, McGarci said:

the easier would have been wait like other leagues and restart the last part of the league without public, celtic wins the league, rangers 2th, fight beetwen motherwell and aberdeen for the 3th. and probably hearts down.... avoiding complains, judgment and this circus.....

but the SFL seems an amateur organization.....

That was literally impossible. Some of the Premiership teams have only started training now.  The earliest Scottish teams could have started playing games would be 12/13 July (after 3-4 weeks back). There were still 8 league games to be played, and UEFA are insisting on European qualifying teams being nominated by 20 July, 

(And none of that helps Partick Thistle or Stranraer.)

Edited by JamesM82