League Reconstruction 20/21 season

8 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

It’s that immoral decision that may yet see you succeed in court.

If they do take this court there will be a full investigation that a lot of the self interest clubs did not want.

Like Hearts.

22 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Most amusing thing in this is...

... Falkirk fans agreeing to boycott League One games because the clubs "voted to keep them down" purely to get the money from their away support.

It's just great stuff.

2 hours ago, Sparticus said:

I did say our situation with covid. I know its everywhere. I mean Scotland has to deal with what that brings in its own way.

Cant just point to other countries and say look whats happened there.Every countries league are run differently and where at different stages of the season..Scandanavian leagues hadnt started yet.They will all maybe have to change their season. Doing it in advance instead of at the end like we had to.Really, hearts dont have a case here.Uefa direct sporting merit to be used.

Small country, 3/4 of the way through its season. What's unique about that? Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal...

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

"done it before"

Are you claiming Hearts "came back stronger" after their last relegation?

An average position of 7th over 5 seasons, which has once again ended with Hearts relegated.

Clearly the muscles were well and truly flexed, and I'm sure all top flight sides are quivering over such a mighty force returning to the top flight this time next year.

Hearts coming back stronger.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

He's basically accusing the SPFL of making up the result of the vote.

I hope they do release who voted no and who voted yes. Imagine the hilarity of them finding out their bigger slightly more bigoted brothers from Govan voted no.

Imagine celebrating 9 in a row because Neil Doncaster couldn't check his junk folder on time. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

... Falkirk fans agreeing to boycott League One games because the clubs "voted to keep them down" purely to get the money from their away support.

It's just great stuff.

I think that's one person who lives in the Far East.

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Small country, 3/4 of the way through its season. What's unique about that? Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal...

Countries are unique in themselves, different governments, populations, economies etc. Most have taken their own, unique approach to the pandemic.

It was quite clear from the start that Scotland wasn’t contemplating allowing football to start before August, if even then. Technically they still haven’t sanctioned football starting then, although it’s highly likely they will. Given that, it was a reasonable decision to stop the league and wait for a chance to start afresh when possible.  Hearts voted for that. It might have been an idea to understand the implications before voting rather than complaining about them now.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I think that's one person who lives in the Far East.

Is Shadwell still claiming hes going to walk away from SPFL football and support a Junior side instead?

3 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Captain Pedant here.

Netherlands has a population of over 17 million, it's not a small country.

Okay, okay. Denmark, Switzerland, Ireland. No idea how these countries dealt with it, but the point was Sparticus was plainly wrong to call Scotland unique

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hearts coming back stronger.

The defending is shocking but that McGinn goal is one of the best individual goals I can remember from the last 10 years or so. Nutmeg, dummy, cracking finish from a tight angle, runs in front of the hearts fans to celebrate. Cracking stuff 

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Okay, okay. Denmark, Switzerland, Ireland. No idea how these countries dealt with it, but the point was Sparticus was plainly wrong to call Scotland unique

Scotland is unique because the UK, which includes Scotland, is by far the worst affected country in Europe at the moment and about 2/3 weeks behind all the other countries on the continent.

Our only comparisons are England, where two leagues have been called and PPG used to decide position, and the other two earn so much money any comparison is moronic. Irish football runs a Summer season, and have voted to have a reduced season of 27 games but havent decided on when to restart their season yet. Northern Ireland havent resumed their season yet, nor decided on whether to end the season or resume it, or even what happens in August when the new season is due to start.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

As I mentioned in the post that you quoted, there's nobody in Europe who has been relegated from a top flight without challenging it in court. Tranmere have also said they're going to challenge theirs in court. Lyon kicked up a similar fuss about the calling of the French league. 

Funny how you pretend to give a shit about teams being unfairly relegated, then completely ignore the teams in France who stand to be relegated, instead focusing on a team whose court case was actually dismissed.

The only reason the court overturned the LFP's decision to relegate Amiens and Toulouse is because they didn't give due consideration to league reconstruction. LFP relied on an agreement between LFP and FFF that prevents Ligue 1 from being expanded beyond 20 teams, but that agreement expires at the end of this month.

This doesn't mean Amiens and Toulouse are spared. If there is a new decision to relegate them, and the process followed in reaching that decision takes all alternatives into account, they will be relegated.