League Reconstruction 20/21 season

I think Hearts should just accept our medicine, agree a healthy compensation package and get on with it. 

The whole thing is getting boring now and we are not the team who have been treated the poorest in this saga .. that would be Partick whose treatment by the rest of the league has been shocking.  Their board has been pretty spot on with their communications where we have came across as a bit desperate.

12 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Foundation of Hearts Chairman now showing his true colours with some inflammatory language.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/06/15/foundation-of-hearts-back-legal-challenge-and-hit-out-at-rival-chairmen/

I suppose when Hearts fans start physically attacking other team directors and journalists some people might be able to join the dots?

Does this guy moonlight in Govan?

Just to note, Scot Gardiner doesn't speak for the vast, vast majority of The Caley fans.  Going by the guys on here, on our own forum and folk I've spoke to, we were happy for the league to be called.  I personally, did not think for one second there would be league construction.  Sure, it would have been nice to be promoted, but I wasn't getting aroused by the thought. 

There seems to be a much closer agreement with the fans and chiefs of clubs such as Hearts, Partick and Falkirk with that their statements say.

4 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

I think Hearts should just accept our medicine, agree a healthy compensation package and get on with it. 

That's not an option

We can't "agree a healthy compensation package" unless one is offered and that's not going to happen if we give up fighting.

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

You have to hand it to Ann Budge, Douglas Park, Scot Gardiner, Jacqui Low, that Falkirk gobshite and of course all their assorted ITK media hangers on who have made Neil Doncaster look like a four dimensional chess grand master throughout this saga. Other than the missing vote misstep they've been smacked around senseless by the SPFL for fully three months now and only Budge's pathetic legal challenge is still left on the board. You hate to see it happen.

tenor.gif?itemid=13794756

Sorry, I can't do the "little faces pasted on a gif" thing, but I did find a ginger ringpiece being smacked about a chess board if that's any help?

I still expect Hearts to come straight back up but there's not much margin for error in a 27 game season. If they take a few rounds of fixtures to bed in or adjust to the league they could pretty easily find themselves adrift from an Inverness/Dundee etc at Christmas and face an uphill battle.

10 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

The whole thing is getting boring now and we are not the team who have been treated the poorest in this saga .. that would be Partick whose treatment by the rest of the league has been shocking.  Their board has been pretty spot on with their communications where we have came across as a bit desperate.

Partick have not been treated shockingly or any other hyperbolic/hysterical term that is being chucked around. 

They've been unfortunate but that's all, and that's mostly their own fault.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I still expect Hearts to come straight back up but there's not much margin for error in a 27 game season. If they take a few rounds of fixtures to bed in or adjust to the league they could pretty easily find themselves adrift from an Inverness/Dundee etc at Christmas and face an uphill battle.

McCann is the man.....

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That will be the next item which will give everyone a laugh.. I would fully expect no promotion from the championship next season as Premier league teams will claim 27 games is not a valid season and therefore disallow promotion and relegation.

3 hours ago, Werner Herzog said:

Lots of folk laughing at Hearts today (which is understandable), but putting that aside, what has happened to Partick Thistle today is utterly shameful. 

As someone who liked to attend a number of different games across the divisions over the years, that's  26 clubs who will never see another penny from me ever again. In a time when solidarity was needed, self interest & selfishness won the day. For me, this is the day Scottish football died. Utterly depressing. 

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Given that it was a secret ballot, how are you deciding which 26 clubs you're boycotting?

51 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Probably all of them just to be on the safe side. Especially Brechin, who used their machiavellian powers to "avoid the same fate" as Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer.

48 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Only if the Tunnocks cup is still going and gets to the start line will they have the chance of boycotting Glebe Park

It's nothing to do with the Tunnocks Cup, and everything to do with a Hearts fan who liked to "attend a number of different games across the divisions over the years" and will now be boycotting (at least) 26 clubs.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Partick have not been treated shockingly or any other hyperbolic/hysterical term that is being chucked around. 

They've been unfortunate but that's all, and that's mostly their own fault.

You are kidding .. they were 2 points behind with a game in hand... not exactly very fair is it.. 

I would hope they would be suitably compensated for their misfortune or would you prefer to give them a good kick as well while they are down ?

54 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Probably all of them just to be on the safe side. Especially Brechin, who used their machiavellian powers to "avoid the same fate" as Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer.

Finishing bottom of Division 2  doesn't relegate a team though. It just means you will go in to a separate play off competition administered by the SFA which may or may not result in relegation. Brora and Kelty had to still play each other for the right to have a go at Brechin.  It wasn't going to played so without reconstruction the only result could be for Brechin to stay put.