League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Eh, we're lower league not Seaside league. 'sake.

I was arguing the other day that our league should really be the Seaside League now. Only half of the league one clubs have any kind of nautical links whereas if we can say Rosyth is really just the arse end of Dunfermline then all the teams have a port in their town. Whether Hearts do or not is probably a matter for the good people of Leith or Portobello to decide. 

Just now, Johnstoun said:

Of course if Hearts were expelled for fuckaboutery it could mean that three clubs would not be disproportionately disadvantaged by the covid situation.

Would rather we still punted them down to a league below for being shite and elected Oban Saints to the Championship instead.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

The Premiership season ended on 18 May after Hearts and others voted to do so.  They are within their 3 months but played their part every step of the way. 

Ah, but the vote which enabled such a decision was taken on 10 April (Good Friday). Should Hearts want a Judicial Review it would be based on the date the vote was taken, not the result of it being enacted...especially since from what I’ve seen a large weight of their argument rests on the “Dundee vote” issue

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

The Premiership season ended on 18 May after Hearts and others voted to do so.  

That's was my thinking. And the clubs had the opportunity to vote for restructuring and resoundingly voted against. I don't see how they have anything going for them.

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It's time for the Premiership to pull the drawbridge up for a season in these unprecedented times.

Surely a team getting promoted after a 27 game season is unfair on the top flight clubs who have battled for 38 matches.

Oh Szamo...if I could give you more than one greenie for this I would.

I knew there was a reason I missed being in the same forum as you 😉

Edited by JimmyMirren

1 minute ago, JimmyMirren said:

Ah, but the vote which enabled such a decision was taken on 10 April (Good Friday). Should Hearts want a Judicial Review it would be based on the date the vote was taken, not the result of it being enacted...especially since from what I’ve seen a large weight of their argument rests on the “Dundee vote” issue

The Premiership clubs voted again in May did they not? 

10 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Oh dear, look at all those blithering jackanapes giving you greenies based on a completely false understanding of Scots law. 

Unlike England and Wales, Judicial Review is available in Scotland to review the actions of private bodies. The Official 'Only Thing Coming Home is England' :jjzing: Thread

Aye. If you can prove the SPFL acted outside their powers in calling an end to the season.

If not.. then you are out of luck because member organisations do not owe any duty of care to other members.

https://www.golfpunkhq.com/news/article/why-you-cant-sue-your-golf-club-in-scotland-

What grounds are Hearts seeking a Review on? The General Meeting directed the Board to use their powers to end the season. The power was only used after a Supermajority of clubs agreed.

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It's time for the Premiership to pull the drawbridge up for a season in these unprecedented times.

Surely a team getting promoted after a 27 game season is unfair on the top flight clubs who have battled for 38 matches.

Exactly. Plus, Championship clubs don’t have to play Celtic, Rangers or Aberdeen.

Just now, itzdrk said:

The Premiership clubs voted again in May did they not? 

No, they just enacted a previously made decision.

The vote in April gave the SPFL Board the power to end the season as and when they Saw fit, should they think that the remaining games were unplayable. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was arguing the other day that our league should really be the Seaside League now. Only half of the league one clubs have any kind of nautical links whereas if we can say Rosyth is really just the arse end of Dunfermline then all the teams have a port in their town. Whether Hearts do or not is probably a matter for the good people of Leith or Portobello to decide. 

Dumfries has a port? Or just drink lots of Port?

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Aye. If you can prove the SPFL acted outside their powers in calling an end to the season.

If not.. then you are out of luck because member organisations do not owe any duty of care to other members.

https://www.golfpunkhq.com/news/article/why-you-cant-sue-your-golf-club-in-scotland-

What grounds are Hearts seeking a Review on? The General Meeting directed the Board to use their powers to end the season. The power was only used after a Supermajority of clubs agreed.

I refer you to my earlier answer: you are very welcome to hire me to provide you with my Opinion on the arguments to be deployed, but I doubt you can afford me. Cjf2irkhw-wAx1fJikI7tAOWFSmvQaF1dM-25ExN

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Is it equitable to do so though? Considering all the steps to have caused delays up to this moment were almost unanimously were put in place by Hearts, when they could've at least asked for an appeal at the same time.

Theyd also have to argue the decision to end the season, and relegate sides based on PPG, was an "unreasonable decision", which is a wild claim considering multiple votes over a vast time frame by many clubs have decided it's the best course of action.