League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Psst... it's not concluded yet.

Come back when Budge refuses to take this to court, or when we lose in court.

Thankfully that will be detailed in the Championship forum, as this League Reconstruction thread should be shifted to P&B Gold under something like the "Successful Businesswoman Ann Budge's Pram Emptying Extravaganza".

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Just think, if successful businesswoman Ann Budge hadn't absolutely shat herself from the off, and implemented a less aggressive strategy while showing some contrition both on the position her club were in when the league was called and on her previous comments showing utter disdain for the lower leagues, Hearts might have been looking at clubs supporting reconstruction.

Just think, if Leslie Deans hadn't gone down the Rudy Giuliani ranting drunken creepy lawyer route then clubs may not have felt like they were being threatened on the vote today.

Just think, if Heart of Seethelothian hadn't absolutely stank out the league with a succession of dreadful performances on the pitch and terrible player purchases and managerial decisions off it, they may not have found themselves in this position in the first place.

Just think who's fault all this is and who, rightfully, are being huckled down to the seaside leagues.

This deserves a Pulitzer nomination. 💘

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

Absolutely no surprises there. Clubs saw sense and got this nonsense straight into the sea. Well done to the chairman who voted the right way. A good day for Scottish football.

Hearts are humiliated (again).

Question now is are they going to take their rightful relegation with grace and dignity or are they going to throw the toys out the pram and attempt a laughable court case for even further humiliation?

My money is firmly on the latter.

Can’t wait.

I said from the start that Hearts won't take it to court.

They'll release a statement claiming that they were going to but didn't so that it wouldn't hurt other clubs etc, trying to make out how virtuous they are and how they care about the game, unlike all those other cad clubs.

It'll also say some pish about now not being the time and doing the taking on the pitch (chuckle).

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

And then there is this c**t - he needs sacked

How does he still not get the difference?

Presumably the '...' at the end refers to the Brechin chairman being on the SPFL board, with the inference being the astonishingly stupid idea that he wields some sort of massively disproportionate powers and can somehow unilaterally make rules, by himself, to suit Brechin?

I know that we might still have the hilarity of a court case, but this has been a period of absolute gold. Scottish football at it's finest.

I was of a mind to try and list my five favourite moments but there are simply too many. From the comedy statements (Brora being a particular highlight, closely fought with Falkirk's downright surreal rant which is always worth another read), to the ITK journalists at the BBC struggling to ever understand the voting structure, or find a source that didn't have a blatant agenda, or to comprehend that multi-million pound donations can't just be accepted. There was the dossier (which still has rocked nothing), and Michael Stewart stopping his tearful pleas for long enough to explain some of the finer points of the law to glorified estate agent Leslie Deans.  So many other things to mention.

My highlight however has to be Ann Budge being firmly put in her place. "Too many teams in Scotland", heading a reconstruction group but not being bothered enough to communicate with teams, not wishing ill will on clubs but suggesting a strategy which would have shifted financial penalties onto entirely undeserving sides. I hope you're having as good a day as I am Mrs Budge. Don't choke on your poison.

1 minute ago, Mr. X said:

Psst... it's not concluded yet.

Come back when Budge refuses to take this to court, or when we lose in court.

No chance. Unless of course James Anderson is desperate for his name / reputation to be dragged through the court system?

I suspect a compo cheque will drop on Anns mat from the SPFL with the proviso she keeps that tit Deans quiet for a while.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
It will be quite the thing if Hearts don't come right back up.

27 game season, you certainly wouldn't want to be getting off to a slow start. Be interesting to see how much money they throw at it.

Not a lot if they lose their court case !

27 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

If all the cubs affected sue, I think Kelty and Brora would have by far the strongest claims. The other teams are being put down or kept down by democratic votes of their fellow members. Kelty and Brora are part of separate leagues that have agreements with the SPFL, and the SPFL have unilaterally said that those don't apply in the current situation.

None of the clubs in play-off positions have been able to compete for promotion.  Kelty and Brora were awarded their league for the same reason and there was no gaurantee that they would have won their respective leagues in the first place.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

None of the clubs in play-off positions have been able to compete for promotion.  Kelty and Brora were awarded their league for the same reason and there was no gaurantee that they would have won their respective leagues in the first place.

That's true, but cancelling the playoffs within the SPFL (between Prem & Champ, Champ & L1 and L1 & L2) was part of the vote to curtail the season, so it was based on a democratic decision. Brora, Kelty and their leagues didn't have any say in the pyramid playoff being cancelled.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I said from the start that Hearts won't take it to court.

They'll release a statement claiming that they were going to but didn't so that it wouldn't hurt other clubs etc, trying to make out how virtuous they are and how they care about the game, unlike all those other cad clubs.

It'll also say some pish about now not being the time and doing the taking on the pitch (chuckle).

How does he still not get the difference?

Presumably the '...' at the end refers to the Brechin chairman being on the SPFL board, with the inference being the astonishingly stupid idea that he wields some sort of massively disproportionate powers and can somehow unilaterally make rules, by himself, to suit Brechin?

Hearts should have put a bid for him.