League Reconstruction 20/21 season

19 minutes ago, Green Day said:

We dont know, its all conjecture. I hope the clubs know, so they can make an informed choice.

Actually, I completely forgot about the split.

The reality is if they're splitting to a bottom 8 after home and away rounds then you're looking at 2 auto relegation spots from 8 teams after 26 games vs 1 from 6 after 33 games at the moment.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Actually, I completely forgot about the split.

The reality is if they're splitting to a bottom 8 after home and away rounds then you're looking at 2 auto relegation spots from 8 teams after 26 games vs 1 from 6 after 33 games at the moment.

Yep, and although I agree with your maths upthread, if you exclude Rangers and Celtic from the equations (due to cash available), the potential of being in an auto or playoff spot are very very large.

Although a lot of focus has been on those we might call "perpetually in the bottom 6" this has real potential impacts for all clubs outside Rangers.Celtic and potentially Aberdeen.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I can still see this going to an official vote.

Likewise.

Although the Prem will probably vote it down there will be support elsewhere and it is right that it is dealt with in the correct manner.

Presumably Jimmy Anderson’s money is still available, lads?

I think the clubs should spend it on the wages of the players  they sign from Hearts, after they will be forced to release them prior to their trip around the seaside stadiums.  

7 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Likewise.

Although the Prem will probably vote it down there will be support elsewhere and it is right that it is dealt with in the correct manner.

Depends what the precise numbers are. If there are 25-30 in favour and only three in the Premiership (theoretically) blocking it, then they could and probably should force it to a formal vote and hope to pressurise those three to switch.

But if there are <25 in favour and more than three Premiership clubs in opposition, then it's hard to see where all the extra votes would come from.

Edited by JamesM82

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can still see this going to an official vote.

It has to I would think, having set up a review group with proposals for league change.  I wonder how Hearts can go to court if once again they are defeated through an agreed voting structure that the SPFL runs and reflects the vote of the member clubs, including Hearts. 

1 minute ago, JamesM82 said:

Depends what the precise numbers are. If there are 25-30 in favour and only three in the Premiership (theoretically) blocking it, then they could and probably should force it to a formal vote and hope to pressurise / incentives those three to switch.

But if there are <25 in favour and more than three Premiership clubs in opposition, then it's hard to see where all the extra votes would come from.

Will they release the numbers ??

It has to I would think, having set up a review group with proposals for league change.  I wonder how Hearts can go to court if once again they are defeated through an agreed voting structure that the SPFL runs and reflects the vote of the member clubs, including Hearts. 

I guess it depends on how much change there’s been in the Championship. If only Dundee, ICT and Hearts vote for it then it may not go to a vote however the feeling appears to be some clubs have switched sides.