League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Heart of Seethelothain: "Look at this, do we have a case?"
Lawyer: "Not really."
Heart of Seethelothian: "What if we paid you to represent this in court?"
Lawyer: "Well, now you put it that way, I'd say you have a strong case."
Heart of Seethelothian fans: "We've got it in the bag, boys, the legal eagles have said we're winning this!"

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My wife has a degree in law, having spent the best part of a decade studying it. She literally scoffed at the suggestion Hearts have any claim as the SPFL laws state any decision that's made democratically stands. Hearts had a window where legal action was possible, and likely couldve reversed their relegation (at least for a while), but have missed it by a mile.

Oh well, might as well move on then.

Sunday ruined, that's a downer. 😟

16 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You don't need to be a QC, Lawyer, Legal secretary, Studying Law or even have climbed Dundee Law to see that Hearts don't have any legal case whatsoever to bring this to court.

Is that your legal opinion? 🤔

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

... MacGregor could have voted for County to face the music of a relegation battle.

You mean MacGregor should not have voted to end the season, even though Hearts did? Democracy was exercised, and the decision was made. 

Or are you talking about some other vote? 

26 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I've said repeatedly I wouldn't go to court, but you seem to have convinced yourself that you have expertise you do not have.

I've made it clear everything I've said today is based on my wife's legal opinion.

It might be wrong, it might be right.

Either way I'm happy to say I dont believe Hearts have a legal case, and the sooner this is all settled, one way or another, the better for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Is that your legal opinion? 🤔

No, but for a few of reasons I have reached this conclusion...

1. If Hearts had any legal basis to take this to court, they would have said what law has been broken and used it at the forefront of their whole argument.

2. Whenever the question is asked, nobody ever has an answer of 'exactly' what Hearts are going to court with.

3. The argument against any legal case is too strong, ie SPFL rules were followed and Hearts voted to end the Premiership.

This was shared with me - its off Kickback and gives a wee insight into what you are dealing with..........

59 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I still have a feeling Hibs will take it to the wire but then vote for reconstruction, for the "good of the game'. That way they can claim to their paranoid supporters, that they tried their best to meet their demands.

Interestingly, I did hear  from an excellent source last week, that contrary to what's going on in the media, the cooperation Hearts have been getting from Hibs and Aberdeen, behind the scenes, has actually been really good. How that equates to possible votes though, I don't know.

The Leslie Deans open letter, does strike me as part of a wider coordinated campaign from Hearts though, to ramp up the pressure and focus minds. This has plausibility deniability all over it.

Don't know what to make of Leslie Deans to be honest. His reign as chairman with Chris Robinson as exec, seemed underhanded and badly managed to say the least. The police also charged him with money laundering some years later, which lowers his credibility.

Going to be an interesting 24 hours, that's for sure.

Leanne Dempster is actually in favour of reconstruction, but Ron the con seemingly wants us down as he thinks it will weaken us and make Hibs stronger, she’s tried telling him that it doesn’t work like that in Scottish football and that derby matches are a real money maker for them, but he’s having none of it, hence why she’s had enough of him and wants out. 

38 minutes ago, Whatever said:

We were led to believe that should Monday fail to get the numbers required, 11/1 etc then that would be that.

Failing to get the numbers required and still taking it to a formal vote is already them making an executive decision.

It’s setting a precedent of the board using their powers when a majority of clubs vote for something.

I’m with you here. Should this come to pass after Monday at 10am I can see no negatives here. The claim of stalling for time (a week) doesn’t make much sense to me. I’m fairly sure we could start legal proceedings alongside this.

Monday’s indicative vote is completely irrelevant, the chairmen with petty grudges will still indicate to vote for their own selfish self interests (McGregor voting against Inverness is one example), but when it comes down to the proper crunch vote, these clubs will vote differently (apart from Hibs who would rather cut their nose off to spite their face), Hearts aren’t messing around here, we’re legally primed and ready to pull the trigger, we’re almost on the vinegar stroke. 

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No, but for a few of reasons I have reached this conclusion...

1. If Hearts had any legal basis to take this to court, they would have said what law has been broken and used it at the forefront of their whole argument.

2. Whenever the question is asked, nobody ever has an answer of 'exactly' what Hearts are going to court with.

3. The argument against any legal case is too strong, ie SPFL rules were followed and Hearts voted to end the Premiership.

I am with johnnydun on this. All his points carry muster.

That and the fact he has more greenies than posts which is a rarity of P&B. 

That alone should be enough to frighten off QC up and down the land. 

I think everyone is missing the point that the real victims here are the St Mirren fans. 

Don’t get me wrong that night in Paisley when big Jon Obika scored the goal to keep Hearts at the bottom of the table was some night but............

Imagine how good a night it could have been had we known he had actually just relegated the c***s. 

5 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

I think everyone is missing the point that the real victims here are the St Mirren fans. 

Don’t get me wrong that night in Paisley when big Jon Obika scored the goal to keep Hearts at the bottom of the table was some night but............

Imagine how good a night it could have been had we known he had actually just relegated the c***s. 

I am almost definitely recorded for that bloody documentary at that game, wee guy was walking along filming the part of the away end we were in. 

The mods have dropped the ball here, so the onus is on me to remind posters that unless they are a Hearts fan or a qualified QC, they are not permitted to post any opinions or predictions on any forthcoming court case.

46 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If Hearts keep this up maybe they will be expelled.

Now, that would make an interesting court case.

But it is fairly normal for the bigger party being challenged by the smaller aggrieved party, to threaten to throw their weight about even more.

Poor Stranraer, they must be looking at the way the clubs their fate is tied to in absolute horror.  

The billion quid from the legal case should just be given to them. 

25 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

I must be one of the few Saints fans who wants to see reconstruction have advocated a 14 team top league even when we were in the championship. The letter Partick Thistle put out is a emotional plea from the heart. For the good of Scottish football reconstruction is a no brainer. 

Leslie Deans exudes confidence for a Hearts victory in court. He was also 100% right about the long awaited Rangers dossier causing devastation to Scottish football so no wonder the Hearts fans are bullish.

Are you watching, Roy McGregor ? Who needs a QC's opinion when you have a dynamic superhero with 45 years experience of property law in your corner ?