League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I'm sure Hearts' legal representatives have looked at this a bit more in-depth than your lady wife.

Not of that pish being attributed to Leslie Deans is anything to go by🤣

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, you randomly pick bits of peoples post to drag conversations the way you want.

You've completely ignored the part about the, multiple, democratic, votes that have decided relegation is necessary in Scottish football this Summer.

I didn't ignore them. Neither you nor I know how much of a knockout blow they'll be in court. I'd imagine your wife also has less of an idea than the lawyers being paid for advice on this.

What's the point in you and I arguing over legal specifics when neither of us know what they mean?

Yet you seem to have convinced yourself that you've got the inside track here. I don't think you do.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Not of that pish being attributed to Leslie Deans is anything to go by🤣

Leslie Deans is a bit of a bellend. I don't think many reasonable people dispute that.

I was actually surprised he was still alive.

Viewing this with no legal expertise whatsoever, isn't Hearts position significantly weakened by the fact they voted to accept the league finishing and the ppg average determining final positions?

I struggle to see how you'd have much of a legal claim against a decision you voted for, unless arguing you had been misled when casting your vote..

Edited by PauloPerth
Predictive text f**k up

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Viewing this with no legal expertise whatsoever, isn't Hearts position significantly weakened by the fact they voted to accept the league finishing and the ppg average determining final positions?

I struggle to see how you'd have much of a legal Alain against a decision you voted for, unless arguing you had been misled when casting your vote..

Hearts will clearly say they voted to finish the league, not to have relegation. And they'll argue that was a show of good faith to the other clubs.

Which argument is better, I've got not the faintest idea, which is why I don't support legal action. I think that, even if we're right, the cost of losing makes it not worth it.

Edited by JTS98

Just now, PauloPerth said:

I struggle to see how you'd have much of a legal Alain against a decision you voted for, unless arguing you had been misled when casting your vote..

hqUhzIy.gif

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You would think so - if it was reported correctly and if it was reported fully,  i.e. what was said/minuted leading up to the decision?

Edited by Pet Jeden

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I didn't ignore them. Neither you nor I know how much of a knockout blow they'll be in court.

As I say.

You look at other examples in football, and since it's such an uncommon event they will look at other examples, and French football only reversed the decision due to it not being voted in via the league rules.

Scottish football has followed their laws, and the clubs have voted that the current season had to end, and that relegation was necessary. 

Hearts cannot argue their will is stronger than the collective leagues, they can only argue theyve been relegated unlawfully. 

For the 9th time, they cannot argue the league season was ended prematurely/unlawfully, when they voted for it.

They cannot vote relegation is unnecessary/been forced through unlawfully, when the league has held a democratic vote, at least once, to decide on it.

The best thing that could happen is this 14 club nonsense is thrown out tomorrow.Then maybe the other clubs can get on with proposing the 12-12-10-10 that should have been proposed a while ago.Time is against them now though.They must throw the 14-10-10-10 out tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I struggle to see how you'd have much of a legal claim against a decision you voted for, unless arguing you had been misled when casting your vote..

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Hearts will clearly say they voted to finish the league, not to have relegation. And they'll argue that was a show of good faith to the other clubs.

Which argument is better, I've got not the faintest idea, which is why I don't support legal action. I think that, even if we're right, the cost of losing makes it not worth it.

Hearts official statement states they knew they were voting on relegation.

Screenshot_20200614-094302_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d7de5108e3b21ffb108bcd181fbc3248.jpg

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say.

You look at other examples in football, and since it's such an uncommon event they will look at other examples, and French football only reversed the decision due to it not being voted in via the league rules.

Scottish football has followed their laws, and the clubs have voted that the current season had to end, and that relegation was necessary. 

Hearts cannot argue their will is stronger than the collective leagues, they can only argue theyve been relegated unlawfully. 

For the 9th time, they cannot argue the league season was ended prematurely/unlawfully, when they voted for it.

They cannot vote relegation is unnecessary/been forced through unlawfully, when the league has held a democratic vote, at least once, to decide on it.

Well, not quite. They changed the rules and made a decision (maybe improperly) to follow one course of action to the benefit of some and to the detriment of others. There were alternative courses of action available.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say.

1) You look at other examples in football, and since it's such an uncommon event they will look at other examples, and French football only reversed the decision due to it not being voted in via the league rules.

2) Scottish football has followed their laws, and the clubs have voted that the current season had to end, and that relegation was necessary. 

3) Hearts cannot argue their will is stronger than the collective leagues, they can only argue theyve been relegated unlawfully. 

4) For the 9th time, they cannot argue the league season was ended prematurely/unlawfully, when they voted for it.

5)They cannot vote relegation is unnecessary/been forced through unlawfully, when the league has held a democratic vote, at least once, to decide on it.

1) You well up on the ins and outs of a French legal decision now? I'm not. And the media has got plenty of this wrong.

2) Has it?

3) Can't they? What makes you so sure?

4) I don't think Hearts will argue there's a problem with the league stopping.

5) Hearts obviously think they can.

See? This is pointless. Neither you nor I have the expertise required here. The difference is that I know that. You really seem to have convinced yourself you know.

It's like the Hibs supporters who had cast-iron dead-cert reasons why Hearts wouldn't get a CVA.

It's really silly to argue points that you don't have the expertise to argue. If it was as simple as you seem to make out, lawyers wouldn't get paid as much as they do and nothing would ever go to court.

I've said repeatedly I wouldn't go to court, but you seem to have convinced yourself that you have expertise you do not have.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts official statement states they knew they were voting on relegation.

Screenshot_20200614-094302_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d7de5108e3b21ffb108bcd181fbc3248.jpg

My goodness.

Your honour, article 1!

I'm going to the pub.

Seems I'll have made it to 'the bar' years after Random Guy, sadly.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You don't need to be a QC, Lawyer, Legal secretary, Studying Law or even have climbed Dundee Law to see that Hearts don't have any legal case whatsoever to bring this to court.

Close the thread some Dundee welfare junky says there’s nae case 😐