League Reconstruction 20/21 season

17 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I would argue that it was not indecision that was the problem, but a clear and unambiguous rule for what happens in the event of a season not finishing all games. We have had two world wars that interrupted things, so why have various authorities over the years not inserted a rule to cover this type of eventuality? Had it been there, then no debate was required.

I was thinking this, you would think by now though we will/would have something in place to sort this out, if we have to go into lockdown or shorten the league again next season or any other season. 

But........

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's no need for reconstruction. Who was calling for it in January?

Hearts probably won't actually take legal action and if they do they'll lose. Pretty sure the SPFL are very confident about that.

Delaying for Sky? Eh? If anything they'd rush things to ensure the league starts as proposed in order to fulfil the conditions of the Sky contract.

Any court case will most certainly delay the start of the proposed season, which in turn would f**k up the sky schedule for matinee time viewing of Scottish football

14 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Wow. Hilarious. There are some bad b*****ds supporting Scottish football clubs. I do love it, though. 😃😂

The internet is one of the best things ever for footy fans, IMHO. In decades gone by you'd mostly just see away supporters in the away end and milling about the stadium, unless you were playing a local side, in which case you may be acquainted with a few. But nowadays you can read each others'opinions 24/7, and even better, because folk are anonymous, you actually see what utter b*****ds they really are. 

I’ve been pretty surprised at some of the Hearts supporters opinions on many of the smaller clubs in Scottish  football and just how insignificant they feel they are. Scotland as a country does not have a huge population and it feels at times  as thought they would be happy if any club with an average attendance below 10k just went out of existence. I see a lot of different games at all levels and pretty much enjoy them all. You can go to the likes of Albion Rovers and find a small group of people that help out and really care about the club. A lot of unjustified anger aimed at the wrong people just now in my view.

4 hours ago, Green Day said:

Partick Thistle statement, with added "self interest bingo" game included - I have bolded one, but there are many more................

Saturday 13th June, 2020 at 12:30pm

“We have kept our counsel during current discussions and debate about reconstruction. It may prove to be the ultimate exercise in futility but this may be our last opportunity to speak out.

“If there is no change to the current set up, Partick Thistle will be the Scottish club hardest hit in professional football as the new season starts.

“Despite being relegated in an arbitrary fashion – with a game in hand and only two points behind our nearest rivals – we stand ready, willing and able to play, including behind closed doors. But today, we still don’t know when or even if we will play football next season.

“Does anyone in Scottish football believe we deserve to be punished with a double whammy like this? Which club would find it acceptable if they were in our shoes? Not one of them.

“Clubs need to think carefully about what their indicative vote to the SPFL will be on Monday and what will inform that decision. Everyone needs to reflect on their motives and thoughts behind their next step.

“Let’s be blunt in our plea to fellow clubs so that there’s no misunderstanding. Use this opportunity to do something positive for our game – right the wrongs done to us and a number of other clubs.

“We all want to protect our own club; Thistle is no different. But there’s a difference between that and self-interest, which seeks to protect a perceived advantage created by an unforeseen crisis.

Don’t use your vote to settle old scores. Don’t reinforce rivalries between clubs just to keep fans happy. Don’t turn a blind eye because it doesn’t impact on you – this time.

“Recognise there will be far-reaching consequences of your actions for Thistle and everyone associated with the club. If that doesn’t matter to you, then focus on doing the right thing for Scottish football. If this vote collapses because people cannot set aside self-interest and ego, our game potentially faces irreparable damage and ongoing division for many years to come.

“At a time unparalleled in footballing history, countries throughout Europe have re-jigged their league set ups to protect the whole – we have the opportunity to do the same.

“For Thistle, if proposed reconstruction fails, the consequences of the actions visited on us by fellow clubs will be long term and serious. We will prevail because “that which does not kill us makes us stronger” but not before we suffer more pain and financial harm than is necessary or fair.

“We believe it is time for clubs to show solidarity with us as we arbitrarily and disproportionately bear the brunt of the damage being done to our game due to circumstances that are no-one’s fault.

“Our plea is simple: choose to do no harm.”

Chairman Jacqui Low on behalf of the Board of Partick Thistle FC

Superb shitbaggery, keep us out of the shit but let normal service resume once we've got what we want.

4 minutes ago, Yorky said:

I’ve been pretty surprised at some of the Hearts supporters opinions on many of the smaller clubs in Scottish  football and just how insignificant they feel they are. Scotland as a country does not have a huge population and it feels at times  as thought they would be happy if any club with an average attendance below 10k just went out of existence. I see a lot of different games at all levels and pretty much enjoy them all. You can go to the likes of Albion Rovers and find a small group of people that help out and really care about the club. A lot of unjustified anger aimed at the wrong people just now in my view.

I completely agree. I imagine Hearts supporters feel they have not been dealt with fairly, and perhaps believe that clubs are voting in their own self interest. That will inevitably lead to hostility, anger and spitefulness. 

14 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

Any court case will most certainly delay the start of the proposed season, which in turn would f**k up the sky schedule for matinee time viewing of Scottish football

A court case wouldn't stop the season starting. Not sure where that nonsense started, but for some reason it keeps being quoted and brought up, despite being a bag of shite.

1 hour ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Also I thought religion is, or certainly was, a factor, too

We are inclusive and open to everyone. I cant speak for those masonic b*****ds over there................

Interesting (or maybe not) to note from the DR article in the original post (March 17) that successful businesswoman Anne Budge was already threatening legal action to avoid relegation.

14 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I completely agree. I imagine Hearts supporters feel they have not been dealt with fairly, and perhaps believe that clubs are voting in their own self interest. That will inevitably lead to hostility, anger and spitefulness. 

Of course every club will vote according to their own self-interest. It is transparent. They owe that to their fans. Have any clubs denied taking actions solely on self-interest ? Well, as far as I can see, yes - only Hearts who claim to be fighting for the interests of Partick and Stranraer. While, quite transparently, Mrs Budge and the Hearts-minded elements within the media are the only parties behaving hypocritically.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A court case wouldn't stop the season starting. Not sure where that nonsense started, but for some reason it keeps being quoted and brought up, despite being a bag of shite.

IF the season started ,& a court case was raised by Hearts , Partick & Stanraer. IF they won where would that  leave Scottish football. Granted a lot of IFS but what then

1 minute ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

IF the season started ,& a court case was raised by Hearts , Partick & Stanraer. IF they won where would that  leave Scottish football. Granted a lot of IFS but what then

I don't think the court can legally reverse a relegation, especiallyif Hearts play a single Championship game. More likely it would be a case of compensation should they win a legal case.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I would argue that it was not indecision that was the problem, but a clear and unambiguous rule for what happens in the event of a season not finishing all games. We have had two world wars that interrupted things, so why have various authorities over the years not inserted a rule to cover this type of eventuality? Had it been there, then no debate was required.

That is spot on , although the lack of such a rule led to the indecision. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

There's no need for reconstruction. Who was calling for it in January?

I agree with that , but a temporary agreement might have been the easiest way to try and move forward and would have saved all the fall outs,  double dealing  and slanderous comments . ...............also the meltdown in the Hearts and Kelty camps. 

55 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Either way, putting a proposal to clubs on a temporary reconstruction would have to contain some 'end point' where the leagues reverted back, or as you say, became permanent. And you're right, it may have become permanent, but there's also a good chance that it wouldn't and as a result clubs who are League 2 regulars are highly unlikely to vote for something which would increase their chances of being relegated in the near future. Why would they? Brora and Kelty would be very strong opponents.

I don't disagree that sensible dialogue is impossible. And I'm not arguing the merits of any particular system. My disagreement was the assertion that all this could have been fixed with a simple temporary reconstruction at the start of it all. Exactly the same debate that we are having, and that everyone else has had, would have happened regardless when discussing what temperary solution to go for, how long for etc. And as we're seeing now, the vote simply wouldn't have passed anyway.

Going by what we have witnessed in the last couple of months I would tend to agree with that. 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't think the court can legally reverse a relegation, especiallyif Hearts play a single Championship game. More likely it would be a case of compensation should they win a legal case.

That's what I was saying a few posts back, could cost a lot of £'s in compensation that the SPFL do not have. Why else is Doncaster now hellbent on reconstruction. Also compo for Partick & Stranraer

This all comes back to the unicorn belief that there is some magic formula that ensures there are no losers - this latest version sees 6 clubs in play off places miss out but 5 other clubs in play off places arbitrarily are now gifted promotion.  Fair in Partick, Falkirk and Hearts eyes now as they become beneficiaries?  

10 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

That's what I was saying a few posts back, could cost a lot of £'s in compensation that the SPFL do not have. Why else is Doncaster now hellbent on reconstruction. Also compo for Partick & Stranraer

He isn't. It's Sevco and Hearts who have been pushing this latest model.