League Reconstruction 20/21 season

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If Hearts do take legal action (and I'm still very doubtful they will) and do win (chuckle), where does the money the SPFL has to pay come from?

They aren't sitting on piles of cash. Surely they'd need to take it from revenue generated, meaning a reduction in prize money for all clubs, including Hearts. 

In one way, Hearts would be taking legal action against themselves.

It would come out of next season's and/or subsequent seasons' prize money. And while it is true that Hearts' prize money would reduce along with everyone else's, the amount that they would be awarded in a hypothetical successful court case would obviously be much more than they lost.

Barry Anderson FFS.

Cant wait for the Jambos on here to knock one out when Ewan Murray pumps out a story about how every chairman has physically shat themselves.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It would come out of next season's and/or subsequent seasons' prize money. And while it is true that Hearts' prize money would reduce along with everyone else's, the amount that they would be awarded in a hypothetical successful court case would obviously be much more than they lost.

Why would it be - they might just receive a nominal sum.  The £millions they are allegedly seeking is turnover based which isn’t a true loss 

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If Hearts do take legal action (and I'm still very doubtful they will) and do win (chuckle), where does the money the SPFL has to pay come from?

They aren't sitting on piles of cash. Surely they'd need to take it from revenue generated, meaning a reduction in prize money for all clubs, including Hearts. 

In one way, Hearts would be taking legal action against themselves.

Yes. In a 1/42 sort of way.

Some facts, shamelessly stolen from elsewhere..........

1. In the rules it states that the club that finishes in 12th place at the end of the season is relegated - hearts complied with this for many years.
  2. The 2019-20 season has ended with the agreement of all clubs...............including hearts.
  3. Hearts were in 12th place when the season ended.

No 2 could carry the rider that hearts only agreed to it on condition that reconstruction was considered and a decision was reached - that condition will have been met on monday at the latest.

Where does Hearts legal challenge logically go from there??????????

12 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Your turnover will be all sales through the tills at Tynecastle, nothing like profit and hence nothing like what you can sue for. Buy your replica shirts for £30, sell for £40 - the £40 goes in turnover but its not profit.

Hospitality turnover? Lets say £3m, profit £500k - are you suing for £3m?

Decent effort young Greenday. Now consider -

1. What proportion of hospitality comes from games against OF, Hibs ,Aberdeen?

2. What are the fixed costs (depreciation of F&F, Leases of equipment etc)

3. Redundancy costs if downsizing staff. Wage rates of those kept on unchanged.

4. Higher costs per unit for smaller bulk purchases.

5. Reasonable assumption for number of years down. 2?

6 Of course, Insurance, security, rates stay the same. Heating, Lighting not much lower

Have another wee re-read of your Int 4 Economics text book and bring it back on Monday. Good lad.

On 11/06/2020 at 15:57, Bazil85 said:

It certainly is radical but no more so than I imagine colt teams were when first proposed. It would also likely be far better for young player development. Higher level, better competition and clubs really having to double down on youth development. It may be unpopular for bigger clubs but colts is unpopular with the vast majority of fans for the vast majority of clubs, it hasn't stopped Rangers and Celtic pushing it for way over a decade. 

I think it's fair to say Robertson is an outlier, I can't think of another Scottish player of his level that's developed at the lower Scottish leagues in a similar way. It's also a blotch on Celtic regarding recognising and developing youth. Robertson shouldn't really have fallen to that level and it was very quickly apparent he was far too good. If Celtic had a colt team and kept him, would they have let him go to Dundee United to continue his development, put him in their first team or left them in the colts? We'll never know but I think it's fair if Robertson had been left in the lower leagues too long it would have stunted or at least slowed his development. 

Darren Fletcher was a fantastic player, he's hands down one of the best Scottish players of the last generation. Him not cutting it at Scotland is definitely down to the talent around him. Some players will be class in any team, Fletcher needs good players around to feed off his creation and quality. This is a sign of his position and playing style more than a lack of ability in a Scotland jersey. 

If Celtic players were good enough at the international level we need Scotland to be at, that would show in Celtic as a collective in European football. Scotland historically has always had some of the most quality players in football, we want to get back there. Yes there's an argument for run before you can walk (that's been the case since the 90s and we still ain't walking) but Celtic as a team outside of Scotland are barely crawling right now, we need far better players than they show consistently in Europe season after season. And that includes the big name foreign players in the squad, we need better quality than the majority of them. 

I 100% agree things need to change but regarding this last week of news stories, fan reaction and now clubs rejecting the colts. One of the things that needs to change is this proposal coming up every couple of years as a way things can change Scottish football. It'll always be divisive, there's overwhelming evidence it won't work, will disenfranchise Scottish football fans and is largely self-serving. I'm glad it's again in the bin and we can only hope this is the last time it's brought to the table. I doubt it though. 

Time for a review on Project Brave, if it hasn't made any difference in the last four years, we look at what we do next and we make sure all clubs are engaged in youth development, not just asking the smallest ones to do it for clubs that have largely failed for over a generation. 

I think there is merit in both colt teams and flinging 18 to 21 into first teams to gain that experience,the u 20's playing u 20's works to a point.
What seems to be missing is playing against seasoned pros whether it's a B team or a reserve team playing 50 games cutting their teeth and learning the trade.
In many ways Tierney was a good example of that also Hickey at hearts both flung in at the deep end and told to sink or swim. Imagine having a full team sinking and swimming.

Between Andy Robertson and Callum McGregor there is not much difference apart from the last 3 years, both 26 Robertson got into Hull's first team at 20 and Callum got into Celtic's first team at 20 both playing at decent levels with Callum also having European experience, Robertson has obviously kicked on at club level with Liverpool in Europe and domestically.
The part both need to improve on is at international level,it's pretty much the same for John McGinn and Ryan Christie with similar career paths.

Like Darren Fletcher are we seeing the same pattern with McTominey but maybe this time he has the players around him to make the difference.
Christie scoring against Cyprus and Forrest getting his hat trick against Israel is decent but I agree consistency is the problem but the individual ability is there (Lazio results).  

The SFA have came up with all sorts of ideas over the years but never seem to see them through to the end leave project Brave alone for me it has both pros and cons.

Being totally honest, if Hearts did bring a completely baseless case against the SPFL and lost I would hope and expect that they were expelled from the league full stop.
They could always start in the fucking sunday amateurs or something, at least then we wouldnt have to listen their pathetic wailing.

A “completely baseless case” would be over and done with quickly so that’s a different hypothetical situation.

Wilbur was asking about a hypothetical case that dragged on for ages and dramatically delayed the start of the season.

20 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

6 Of course, Insurance, security, rates stay the same. Heating, Lighting not much lower

Have another wee re-read of your Int 4 Economics text book and bring it back on Monday. Good lad.

bored to death yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

I suppose if Hearts are going to lose so much money from their relegation to the Championship they could just stick to form and go into administration, fail to pay all their creditors, and carry on regardless?

24 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

It's a wee shame you'll get nothing then.

No
I suppose Hearts could raise an action for the court to prevent the Spfl from producing fixtures or starting the season. Which of course would go down just marvellously with all the other club chairmen, watching the chance of any income of any sort disappear, and with Sky watching their games vanish.