League Reconstruction 20/21 season

39 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Apologies for asking a hypothetical question, but IF reconstruction is voted out and IF Mrs Budge then takes the SPFL to court and IF this results in season 20-21 being delayed until (say) November and IF Hearts subsequently lose their case, can the SPFL then sue Hearts for costs, loss of revenue, or whatever it takes to plunge Hearts into extinction ?

Being totally honest, if Hearts did bring a completely baseless case against the SPFL and lost I would hope and expect that they were expelled from the league full stop.

They could always start in the fucking sunday amateurs or something, at least then we wouldnt have to listen their pathetic wailing.

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I, for one, am outraged. 

£6m won't nearly cover it. Normal turnover £16m.  That's going to take at least a 25% hit in the Championship. But it's only a 27 game Championship. So £7m hit in year 1. And the average time in it for "big" teams (like Rangers, Hibs Dundee Utd) is 3 years. So well over £10m for us. Say £15m.  Then add Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, Brora and Kelty. £20m+ total, easy. Get one of those ambulance chasing lawyers on to the case. Stop being so reasonable Mrs B.

Edited by Pet Jeden

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I, for one, am outraged. 

£6m won't nearly cover it. Normal turnover £16m.  That's going to take at least a 25% hit in the Championship. But it's only a 27 game Championship. So £7m hit in year 1. And the average time in it for "big" teams (like Rangers, Hibs Dundee Utd) is 3 years. So well over £10m for us. Say £15m.  Then add Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, Brora and Kelty. £20m+ total, easy. Get one of those ambulance chasing lawyers on to the case. Stop being so reasonable Mrs B.

What was the plan for relegation under normal circumstances? Genuine question.

49 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Apologies for asking a hypothetical question, but IF reconstruction is voted out and IF Mrs Budge then takes the SPFL to court and IF this results in season 20-21 being delayed until (say) November and IF Hearts subsequently lose their case, can the SPFL then sue Hearts for costs, loss of revenue, or whatever it takes to plunge Hearts into extinction ?

It seems very unlikely that the start of the season would be delayed - any legal action would be about compensation, not reversing the decision, a process which we have already seen is literally impossible.

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I, for one, am outraged. 

£6m won't nearly cover it. Normal turnover £16m.  That's going to take at least a 25% hit in the Championship. But it's only a 27 game Championship. So £7m hit in year 1. And the average time in it for "big" teams (like Rangers, Hibs Dundee Utd) is 3 years. So well over £10m for us. Say £15m Add Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, Brora and Kelty. £20m+ total, easy. Get one of those ambulance chasing lawyers on to the case. Stop being so reasonable Mrs B.

I was going to leave it alone, but I will hazard a guess that you havent got the slightest idea about what turnover is and how it relates to profit?

And hence what you could "sue" the SPFL for?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It seems very unlikely that the start of the season would be delayed - any legal action would be about compensation, not reversing the decision, a process which we have already seen is literally impossible.

How do Hearts get compensation for the premature relegation, given that they voted to end the season prematurely, knowing in advance that it would result in their relegation?

Just now, Aim Here said:

How do Hearts get compensation for the premature relegation, given that they voted to end the season prematurely, knowing in advance that it would result in their relegation?

My view is that they won't be successful (I'm not convinced they'll even try), but this is what they will be threatening in an attempt to bully the other clubs into voting for their reconstruction.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I liked the way that Doncaster ended mentioning how the EFL had ended its season - I imagine that might have more bearing on any legal case than the (entirely different) way that leagues on continental Europe unilaterally called the season.

Doncaster is many things, but - as a lawyer himself - he is not stupid or likely to leave the SPFL open to be fucked over in court.

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I was going to leave it alone, but I will hazard a guess that you havent got the slightest idea about what turnover is and how it relates to profit?

And hence what you could "sue" the SPFL for?

When nearly all costs are fixed for a year or two into the future, then a top line reduction impacts profit (or more realistically loss) on a pound for pound basis. But, go on. Do tell me how it works in Leith.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

When nearly all costs are fixed for a year or two into the future, then a top line reduction impacts profit (or more realistically loss) on a pound for pound basis. But, go on. Do tell me how it works in Leith.

In Leith, if you finish bottom, you get down. 

If Hearts do take legal action (and I'm still very doubtful they will) and do win (chuckle), where does the money the SPFL has to pay come from?

They aren't sitting on piles of cash. Surely they'd need to take it from revenue generated, meaning a reduction in prize money for all clubs, including Hearts. 

In one way, Hearts would be taking legal action against themselves.

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Your turnover will be all sales through the tills at Tynecastle, nothing like profit and hence nothing like what you can sue for. Buy your replica shirts for £30, sell for £40 - the £40 goes in turnover but its not profit.

Hospitality turnover? Lets say £3m, profit £500k - are you suing for £3m?

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If Hearts do take legal action (and I'm still very doubtful they will) and do win (chuckle), where does the money the SPFL has to pay come from?

They aren't sitting on piles of cash. Surely they'd need to take it from revenue generated, meaning a reduction in prize money for all clubs, including Hearts. 

In one way, Hearts would be taking legal action against themselves.

Good job we're loaded greggy.png