League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

On what grounds though?

Who knows. 

Clearly the SPFL are trying very hard to avoid a legal challenge at all, perhaps not because they think they would lose (but must consider it is always possible, even remotely) but because they want to avoid any damage at all, be it court costs, bad PR, a delay to the season or the spooking of potential sponsors. Otherwise, they'd not be taking the actions they are. Hearts et al presumably leaking this info to try and crank up the pressure and push the other clubs to vote it through. 

We shall but see. One could read this move as a sign that Budge knows the mood music is leaning towards a no, rather than a yes. 

16 hours ago, SEETHING said:

Nice diddy clubs in a precarious financial position you've got there.

It'd be a shame if something...happened to them. 

15 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

czbYQBI.gif

Apologies for asking a hypothetical question, but IF reconstruction is voted out and IF Mrs Budge then takes the SPFL to court and IF this results in season 20-21 being delayed until (say) November and IF Hearts subsequently lose their case, can the SPFL then sue Hearts for costs, loss of revenue, or whatever it takes to plunge Hearts into extinction ?

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Sorry, i wasn't looking to ask you to answer the question yourself, it was more of a general point that needs answered imo. 

I just feel that this 14-10-10-10, throws open far more questions on topics that nobody knows the answers too. It would be the very least I'd expect of an club CEO or owner to ask for answers to future voting structures, actual payments to clubs in finishing positions (i don't like this 13.01% description, how much for 1st, 2nd...44th etc.) What about relegation/play off positions. 

Imo the top 14 splitting into an 8,with a bottom 6 would be better than what's been suggested atm, but discussion and clarity is required. 

Yes, it looks like they will keep pushing for it until it's been agreed. It's amazing how so many seem to be advocating this reconstruction as a "must" and the "saviour of our game" etc when prior to 3 months ago there had been no mention at all of reconstruction or an increased top league.

I'm not sure of the exact stats, however the crowds in Scotland in general seemed to be pretty healthy (relatively speaking) over the past few years and Scottish football was far from dying.

Having said all this, I do still agree that it's tough on the relegated sides and those not offered an opportunity of promotion, however this is absolutely no reason to completely change our league structure just to please a couple of sides, irrespective of how matters outwith their control, have undoubtedly conspired against them.

As previously mentioned by many, would these same stops have been pulled out if the likes of Ross County or Hamilton had been bottom of the Premier and the likes of Alloa or Arbroath had been bottom of the championship when the music stopped ??

I very much doubt it. 

26 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

This rag is obviously the Edinburgh equivalent of the Rangers News and the Celtic View ?

Print one-sided pish and the drooling (oops seething) masses will lap it up.

27 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Apologies for asking a hypothetical question, but IF reconstruction is voted out and IF Mrs Budge then takes the SPFL to court and IF this results in season 20-21 being delayed until (say) November and IF Hearts subsequently lose their case, can the SPFL then sue Hearts for costs, loss of revenue, or whatever it takes to plunge Hearts into extinction ?

How can that happen? Does a court have the power to actually do that?

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This rag is obviously the Edinburgh equivalent of the Rangers News and the Celtic View ?

Print one-sided pish and the drooling (oops seething) masses will lap it up.

You can tell it's a fluff piece, not just because it's the EEN but check out the language. Partick were relegated, while the Seethemeisters were only demoted. ;)

29 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes a great little puff piece - is this bullying and coercion in action?  

Aye, written by ginger Jambo Barry Anderson. I struggle to see how the f**k Hearts can factor in £3, £4, £5 Million for dropping a division😆

I keep hearing on Sportsound that they are very well run off the field and also have enormous sums coming in from their benefactors and FoH.

Its embarrassingly transparent what this is, tbh but.................as i predicted earlier today............after a night of angst, this is the weekend "we will be saved" press pish we all anticipated.

I fully expect the "full legal bill" to top £10m by the time Tom English has wanked over it tomorrow.

1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

image.gif.44728f10344a8b634a88b595728bbb76.gif

She really needed to work on the wrist he used to control the ball, tbh.

54 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Five million losses for relegation. I'd be very concerned about the way Hearts are run, if I gave a f**k about them. 

Edited by Coventry Saint