League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Well yeah, you’ve kinda made my point for me there. Dundee are absolutely favourites for it but not overwhelmingly so, and with the way the league has gone recently I certainly wouldn’t be betting on it. 

I will chuck football altogether if Falkirk get saved by this and end up legitimate title challengers. f**k that.   

I'm honestly not trying to come across like a condescending, arrogant w**k here, but you don't seem to know the difference between expectations and reality. To say anything other than Dundee will be massive favourites for the title in that division is ridiculous.

We all know it doesn't play out based on expectation, however, and this league does tend to play out differently to the pre-season suggestions.

It's much the same in that if Hearts are in the league (As is much more likely) then they'll be absolutely nailed on to win the league and it'd be embarrassing for them if they didn't, but there'll be at least fans of a few teams that'd fancy their chances particularly if the league is shortened.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

It's a drop of 0.36 percentage points rather than 0.36%.

i.e. the top team's prize money goes from 13.40% to 13.04%.

Thanks, that makes much more sense than what I read !!

So, in broad terms, the current 12 fund the £1m gap to uplift the prize pot for club 13 and club 14.

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm honestly not trying to come across like a condescending, arrogant w**k here, but you don't seem to know the difference between expectations and reality. To say anything other than Dundee will be massive favourites for the title in that division is ridiculous.

We all know it doesn't play out based on expectation, however, and this league does tend to play out differently to the pre-season suggestions.

It's much the same in that if Hearts are in the league (As is much more likely) then they'll be absolutely nailed on to win the league and it'd be embarrassing for them if they didn't, but there'll be at least fans of a few teams that'd fancy their chances particularly if the league is shortened.

Yeah, I do know the difference chief. What I’m trying to get across to you is Dundee have shown themselves nowhere near good enough to be considered overwhelming favourites, when they’re a point above Ayr and only a few clear of Arbroath. That’s the point. Yes you’ll have retained the bulk of that squad, but it isn’t particularly good, and doesn’t have a particularly good manager behind it - that is the issue. It’d be Sportsound level of punditry to make you “overwhelming” favourites. 

27 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Yeah, I do know the difference chief. What I’m trying to get across to you is Dundee have shown themselves nowhere near good enough to be considered overwhelming favourites, when they’re a point above Ayr and only a few clear of Arbroath. That’s the point. Yes you’ll have retained the bulk of that squad, but it isn’t particularly good, and doesn’t have a particularly good manager behind it - that is the issue. It’d be Sportsound level of punditry to make you “overwhelming” favourites. 

Never read so much nonsense and prime evidence that you can't tell the difference in my life. Even resorting to VT soundbites FFS.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Never read so much nonsense and prime evidence that you can't tell the difference in my life. Even resorting to VT soundbites FFS.

How on earth are you not getting my point here? What is so difficult about it to understand? 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Did Falkirk not get rejected into the SPL due to stadium criteria ? 

Yes, under criteria that was laid out in the rules before the competition commenced. Falkirk spent money on players while every other side upgraded their stadium to the detriment of their playing squad. Right decision imo.

Just now, TheGoon said:

How on earth are you not getting my point here? What is so difficult about it to understand? 

I do understand your point, it's just I think it's nonsense as I've repeatedly pointed out. You're talking about something different to what I am IMO.

There's no point continuing it as I'm watching the Ps5 reveal and we are arguing over something that can essentially be defined as, 'Two bald men arguing over a comb' here when it has nothing to do with the fact that Hearts will get put where they rightfully belong.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Yup. Injury to a key player could see them miss a much higher percentage of the season than normal for example.

Even smaller things like suspensions have a bigger effect.

Definitely, I wouldn't be backing any short favs..

Record are saying that the vote is in trouble in the Championship. Only Hearts, ICT (obviously) and maybe Dundee expected to vote yes.

Ross County also a no.

Edited by JamesM82

2 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Record are saying that the vote is in trouble in the Championship. Only Hearts, ICT (obviously) and maybe Dundee expected to vote yes.

Ross County also a no.

It’s definitely happening. None of this is true. Viva Leslie Deans. 

Just now, Zing. said:

It’s definitely happening. None of this is true. Viva Leslie Deans. 

Done by next week.

Lots of talking going on.

Celtic putting a lot of pressure on clubs.

Just now, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Well it's not going to pass then, unless money's changed hands. I'm not talking about the £3 million, either.

No, no.

Its guaranteed to pass, a handful of Hearts fans have been gloating all of today about it happening.

So going by this bit of the paper if the indicative vote doesn't show support they're finally drawing a line under this utter shitshow and sticking with the status quo?

1155244368_ScreenShot2020-06-11at22_53_53.png.35c05d018b96e19f30ee06855361c68b.png

Friendly reminder of Ann Budge's comments on 10th April.

“We are where we are, in the league position. If we argue everything through and everything is talked about, and basically that is what the community of football clubs believe is right, I’m not going to fight it to the death.

“How is that going to end?

“So, if we have to deal with relegation, we’ll deal with relegation.”

Link

It's what the community of football clubs believe is right lads...

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats