League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, JamboMikey said:

Don't think it should be the responsibility of Hearts to stop shite wee clubs like St Mirren going bust but I suppose Mrs Budge knows best.

It's a fair point, I remember clearly when we went into administration after racking up a £25m debt and ended up ripping off the small businesses we owed money to.

Spoiler

Wait, sorry, silly me that was Heart of Seethelothian.

Interesting to see how the relegation and the money works. It has been mentioned by the BBC and some on here that "the money is inconsequential as each of the top flight only lose (from 0.36% in 1st place down to 0.13% in 12th spot) a tiny %age to make up the 13th and 14th money".

Now, I am no mathematician, but I cant see these sums adding up.

1st place loses £12730 based on current figures (0.36% of £3.35m).  I cba doing the numbers, but even if it was £12730 x 12 (it isnt) then that is approx £150k in total. being given up by the Premiership.

How does this address the £600k gap between 12th and 13th / 14th places?

And are next years championship winners to remain on 1.6% thereby increasing the gulf between the divisions????

This doesnt add up at all.

image.png.20cdecd789c89679f39aec7832451a60.png

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Interesting to see how the relegation and the money works. It has been mentioned by the BBC and some on here that "the money is inconsequential as each of the top flight only lose (from 0.36% in 1st place down to 0.13% in 12th spot) a tiny %age to make up the 13th and 14th money".

1st place loses £12730 based on current figures (0.36% of £3.35m).  I cba doing the numbers, but even if it was £12730 x 12 (it isnt) then that is approx £150k in total. being given up by the Premiership.

And are next years championship winners to remain on 1.6% thereby increasing the gulf between the divisions????

It's a drop of 0.36 percentage points rather than 0.36%.

i.e. the top team's prize money goes from 13.40% to 13.04%.

16 minutes ago, JamboMikey said:

Don't think it should be the responsibility of Hearts to stop shite wee clubs like St Mirren going bust but I suppose Mrs Budge knows best.

😂

Obviously I don't think it should be the responsibility of St Mirren to stop Scotland's worst-run team from getting relegated yet again, and if we vote to that effect it'll be entirely out of self interest.

Nice to know how badly Hearts need us onside, though. We've got Hearts and Budge by the (wobbly chin) testicles.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Are folk saying they wouldn't mind a 14 team league just putting in the prep for the Hearts bois being a bit smug?

If Hibs vote for this shite, I'll be annoyed tbh.  HwDuwxC.png

Who else is gonna fill the echo dome Dunbar end course they’ve voted for it

35 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

This period has been a right laugh. Kinda like when rangers were going bust and they were lashing out at everything and everyone.

Watching hearts flailing around, begging and grovelling to be kept in the league, has been funny for everyone and humiliating for them. If we squeeze some extra cash out of it and a permanent bigger league that reduces our chances of relegation then that's even better. I look forward to the next important game we humiliate them in.

I've enjoyed L1 and the Falkirk thread. It's much more restrained, but you can smell the sheer desperation and can sense they are all sweating like fūck on reconstruction.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've enjoyed L1 and the Falkirk thread. It's much more restrained, but you can smell the sheer desperation and can sense they are all sweating like fūck on reconstruction.

Aye, it's a bit weird that Hearts and Partick fans have genuine complaints around the decision to end early, yet Falkirk fans are undoubtedly having a larger breakdown, while convinced it's part of a long term plan to "keep them out the self preservation league".

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, it's a bit weird that Hearts and Partick fans have genuine complaints around the decision to end early, yet Falkirk fans are undoubtedly having a larger breakdown while convinced it's part of a long term plan to "keep them out the self preservation league".

Apparently the world has been against them since day one.

27 minutes ago, JamboMikey said:

Sadly a post that sums up some of the arrogance shown by a percentage of Hearts supporters through all of this. the number of times this sort of comment has been made across social media is amazing. Some of these “shite wee clubs” actually have a higher percentage of the local population support them than some big city clubs. It’s always going to be a struggle to survive, that does not make them any less important than clubs from Glasgow/Edinburgh/Dundee/Aberdeen.

Dundee would be very foolish not to vote this through. Given they’d be massive favourites for The Championship without Hearts and The Caley there.

35 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Is it not 0.36% sliding down to 0.13% of the total prize pot.

So if the pot for the season was £30 million then the losses for clubs would be from £108,000 down to £39,000

Beautiful, isn’t it. 
image.gif.67413cecbd9dc593c6dbd13aa3f316f5.gif

If that makes up for doing you out a league title, two cup semis and a cup final your mighty easily pleased. At the end of the day your club are on their knees begging Saints and the likes to vote to save your skins. You also seem to not realise that a permanent 14 suits our club down to the ground plus we will have had a wee bung from your philanthropist pal. Only one winners in all this no matter the outcome and it certainly won't be the broken, begging embarrassment that Hearts have become. Oh and imagine what might happen now if this doesn't make it over the line......

0.36% of the total pot is £90000

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Dundee would be very foolish not to vote this through. Given they’d be massive favourites for The Championship without Hearts and The Caley there.

I think we should hold off until everyone else has voted....

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Massive favourites? They finished a single point in front of Ayr and 4 in front of Arbroath (who had played a game less).

Favourites, probably, but certainly not 'massive' favourites.