League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I heard someone say the colts teams could pull players in from the 1st team squad when they want?

Surely they would be 2 seperate teams & could only change squads at the transfer window.

Obviously there's no law about it as it's not a thing yet so theres now way of checking, but I'd suggest theyd be bound to the same registration windows as every club.

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

I heard someone say the colts teams could pull players in from the 1st team squad when they want?

Surely they would be 2 seperate teams & could only change squads at the transfer window.

It should be that. I imagine there might be players kept away from colts to be in the 1st team- no chance of playing but to make up squad in times of injury etc. 

Colt teams should get in the sea anyway. I'd wager most young players would learn more from playing beside experienced heads than in what is a youth team. 

If you stick 11 apprentices in a room then a year later you still have 11 apprentices. Stick 2 apprentices in a room with 9 journeymen then you end up with 11 journeymen. Loans and  first team squad are how players progress not playing against part-timers of League 2 and no offence to League 2.

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

You heard from someone 😄

Who? Who did you hear this from?

13 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

The brass neck of Celtic and Rangers accepting that money from the SPFL Trust. Cringing at the thought.

I was expecting  Celtic with their huge profits, to match the donation at this time of real financial hardship for many teams, such a charitable institution. 

18 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

The brass neck of Celtic and Rangers accepting that money from the SPFL Trust. Cringing at the thought.

Tbf they might not take a penny.

They have to apply, and hopefully theres some form of criteria you need to meet to receive your "share".

Spending £4m on a player this month, or having a turnover of £80m, should see you miss out.

25 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Here's hoping that they don't lower themselves to apply. 

In contrast in Germany i think the top 4 clubs Munich, Dortmund, Leverkusen and one other Wolfsburg maybe, all came together to donate to the lower leagues, could you imagine that happening here? 

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hopefully not otherwise there will be loads of people moaning about “strings”

Dont think you understand what that means m8.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Has there been any news from the conference call today? Was hoping for some info by now.

Does anyone actually care anymore?