League Reconstruction 20/21 season

14 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Yes questions that can’t be answered in full on a public football forum. 

Will you be happy accepting money from a Hearts benefactor? 

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well Willy appears to be arguing that Ryan Christie may have been a better player if he wasn't playing first team football for Caley at a young age. Maybe we're all wrong?!

Well, you don't learn the mythical 'just wanting it more' spirit at ICT, do you?

17 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

I will, do you want my bank details? 

25 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Yes, as long as Ann Budge or Craig Levein don't get to decide how to spend it

38 minutes ago, ropy said:

Sorry Bo but can you sort out the use of ‘of’, I find that very hard to read, I know that this isn’t an English class.

To be fair, he did use one of the four instances correctly, although whether that's a "stopped clocks" or an "infinite number of monkeys" effect remains to be seen.

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Well Willy appears to be arguing that Ryan Christie may have been a better player if he wasn't playing first team football for Caley at a young age. Maybe we're all wrong?!

FFS I'm not saying that there is nothing wrong with the way Christie's career path pan out.
That career path still exists with the colt/B teams in league 2 to create more talent. 

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

FFS I'm not saying that there is nothing wrong with the way Christie's career path pan out.
That career path still exists with the colt/B teams in league 2 to create more talent. 

I'm going to regret this, but how?

1 hour ago, Bazil85 said:

The point for me is we don't need to be developing Scottish players as good as the players Celtic currently sign/ have. We need the Scottish national team to be far better than the current level Celtic are at right now, it's been shown that Celtic's current quality are not good enough to get us to International finals (strong evidence in their European performances in last decade or so), they weren't good 10, 15 and 20 years ago either when we still didn't qualify but had better players. Colt teams at League 2 level are not likely (in fact it's almost guaranteed they wont) going to produce talent that vastly improves the Celtic team, the hope is more likely produce more talent themselves at a similar level to save having to buy players. This is not an argument for putting Celtic & Rangers colts in the leagues, it might progress them but it does not progress the Scottish national team to where we need it to be.

Couple that with the other issues, it is an absolute no

- Given the fan backlash in not wanting them in lower leagues and that fans WILL walk away from Scottish football (myself included) it will not garnish more interest and it will not generate more money

- The fact it certainly will cost other clubs players. Regardless of what you say, I'm in no doubt Celtic & Rangers would have retained at least some youth prospects released and given them more chance had colts been an option over recent years. If they didn't it would be a parameter of failure for colts, I'm sure in hindsight Rangers would have kept Kenny McLean & Lewis Morgan for example. Also, who's to say if Morgan & McLean were in colts they wouldn't have progressed that little bit faster and meant Rangers didn't want to release them? Again at detriment to St Mirren so why on  earth would they vote for this? 

Like I say, Christie falls into the category of player not good enough at the international level we need Scotland to be at. Celtic producing or developing more Ryan Christie's is not a reason for other clubs to go for it. 

I'm not suggesting the three foreigner rule, I'm suggesting a rule that already exists in European football, just regarding more players. So xenophobia would absolutely not be an issue. "Players must be developed at a club for X number of years before their 21st birthday" There is nothing in that, that would be an issue, it only encourages homegrown player rule & is a current requirement for European squads. Dembele for example would qualify but if he wanted could play for one of three different nations. 

Again you make good points but going off in a little tangent,The national team is only one part of this.
I could debate when Strachan started to use 5 and 6 Celtic players Scotland didn't lose for a year(2017) so the perception could be Scotland is a poor Celtic team,apart from every Scotland squad having more English based players than Scottish ones so the blame of not qualifying has a broader base but I take your point.
Your fan backlash point I don't buy, fans that go to watch Brechin will always go to watch their team they may not go to the colts v Brechin games but that's why there is a cash incentive.
Christie is only 25 his best years are still ahead of him and hopefully one of the players with Clarke in charge to take Scotland into a major tournament.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Again you make good points but going off in a little tangent,The national team is only one part of this.
I could debate when Strachan started to use 5 and 6 Celtic players Scotland didn't lose for a year(2017) so the perception could be Scotland is a poor Celtic team,apart from every Scotland squad having more English based players than Scottish ones so the blame of not qualifying has a broader base but I take your point.
Your fan backlash point I don't buy, fans that go to watch Brechin will always go to watch their team they may not go to the colts v Brechin games but that's why there is a cash incentive.
Christie is only 25 his best years are still ahead of him and hopefully one of the players with Clarke in charge to take Scotland into a major tournament.

No I know the national team is only one part of it, it is the only bit though that should be relevant to any buy-in for a number of teams and this absolutely doesn't benefit the national team. At a push I could get behind a combined plan "let us put colts in and we will agree rules at the same time meaning clubs will have to play X number of homegrown players in starting 11s by 2025 with a minimum period of 15 years"

There isn't really an argument that Celtic have players good enough to progress Scotland to where we need them, that spell in isolation doesn't negate the fact our best players right now & often in the past aren't Celtic players and a team that can't make an impact in Europe isn't going to have players good enough to regularly getting Scotland competing where we need to. It is beyond doubt if Scotland wants to progress it MUST develop better players than we regularly see for any SP club. 

Time would tell how many fans follow through on it if it was voted through (fortunately I doubt it will be and we don't need to find out) but I rest assured I will be requesting a full refund on my season ticket, cancelling my fan membership & I wont be back, I would be surprised if I was the only one.

The point is more fans feeling so strongly about it means it should be voted down by the clubs chairman. Dumbarton and Sonstrust is a great example. 89% fans against. The cash incentive also shouldn't be a replacement for fans attending, that is very unethical and will alienate fans. 

I hope so regarding Christie but the odds aren't in his favour when you look at other players at Celtic over the years. We need a core squad of players playing/ wanted at much higher levels. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm genuinely stunned as to how Neil McCann is alive. He's so abundantly thick as sh*t it's a wonder he knows how to breathe.

To quote Ben from The Thick of It ‘it remains a mystery as to how he remains unmurdered.’