League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Fucking pish idea, which keeps rearing its ugly head. Apparently on the premise, that you say it enough times it will happen.

Get it to fuck along with any self centred, ill-timed reconstruction shite.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Fucking pish idea, which keeps rearing its ugly head. Apparently on the premise, that you say it enough times it will happen.

Get it to f**k along with any self centred, ill timed reconstruction shite.

And what's your plan apart from being a little kid on these forums 

Here is what I would do for reconstruction.

This season 14-10-10-10, keep things as they are as it's the only way to appease everyone.

Next Season go to a 12-12-20 format.

Both championship and premiership the same, spitting the same.

The seasides leagues going to Seaside League North and South. with the pyramid below. Winners of Highland League feeding into North and Lowland League into south, either through a playoff or automatic relegation

So, that would potentially look something like below in 2021 (used as an example)

Prem

Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell, Livingston, Aberdeen, Hibs, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Mirren, Hamilton and Dundee Utd

Championship

Hearts, Inverness CT, Ayr Utd, Dunfermline, Dundee, QOS, Morton, Arbroath, Alloa, Partick Thistle, Falkirk and Raith Rovers

Seaside North

Cove Rangers, Elgin, Peterhead, Brechin City, Montrose, Forfar, East Fife, Cowdenbeath, Stirling Albion and Brora Rangers

Seaside South

Stranraer, Annan, Kelty Hearts, Dumbarton, Clyde,  Edinburgh City, Airdrie, Stenhousemuir, Queens Park and Albion Rovers.

It's not perfect but the big teams are not going to vote for less games against the Old Firm and it makes sense to regionalise below the Championship to reduce potential travel costs in this current climate.

2 minutes ago, spiggle said:

This season 14-10-10-10, keep things as they are as it's the only way to appease everyone

Have you not just added two teams to the SPFL?

And changed the top division to 14?

Edited by Green Day

2 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Rangers and Celtic are going to pump money into the lower leagues

Why are you all against it.....laughable 

Pump money in :lol: Is it not about 25k a season per team? It’s a fucking shocking idea, that’s why. 

3 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Rangers and Celtic are going to pump money into the lower leagues

Why are you all against it.....laughable 

dinnae take our word for it - here is a lower league manager articulating it very well - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52955483

Just now, Zing. said:

Pump money in :lol: Is it not about 25k a season per team? It’s a fucking shocking idea, that’s why. 

Its £15.5k according to Jim Mcintyre which is even less worthwhile !!

Oh, and afaik the annual payment thereafter drops off each year.

In total?

£1.2m over 4 years divided by 16 clubs........................(£66k over 4 years) so hardly a lottery win

25 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Colts is still a fantastic idea. We need to improve the development of youngsters and keep them in the same environment as their senior counterparts. The Colts can be 18-23 (Plus 1 player overage) Smaller clubs would also benefit as they will have ready made players who are released as these players would have more experience playing in the Scottish Lower Levels then previously before

Scottish Football must swallow its pride and embrace this fantastic and forward thinking plan. The Scottish Youth/Senior teams would benefit better in time with their development. 

Tom English found

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k sake, can we drop the dead rubbers chat?  Not every fucking game of football needs to have a club's fucking livelihood on the line.

They're absolutely unavoidable in a league format.

I agree with this, I see alot of folk saying we cant do this and we cant do that because there will be nothing to play for.. maybe one season you will be challenging for Europe the next fighting relegation..  Hearts for example...

3 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

And two good years from the Premier league. The Highland league is the fourth tier in the set up suggested. If the "no worse off" is being used to create hypothetical situations then you really are scraping the barrel. Cove would be in the third tier this year do no worse off this year. Partick would be worse off is that OK? 

Tbh I think we all know its not going through, once again it shows how pathetic Scottish football has become.

I've not many fans who don't want a bigger league but out of spite just now they don't want one, "aye but if Cove have a shite season" if they have a shite season they go to the fourth tier regardless of the set up. 

Not sure that you’ve grasped what I mean here. I’m not the one that’s  using the “no team should be worse off” schpiel, it’s everyone else advocating reconstruction. There is no denying, in a rational mind, that Cove would be worse off in any reconstruction with three leagues. I’m advocating that we stay with 12, 10, 10, 10 which makes Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer worse off, but tough, these teams should have been better up to the premature end to the season. When, without the Covid 19 crisis, there would have been zero talk of reconstruction, why are we wanting to turn our leagues upside down to keep Hearts in the top division. And you can dress it up any way you want, but that is the sole reason for anyone advocating reconstruction.

28 minutes ago, spiggle said:

Here is what I would do for reconstruction.

This season 14-10-10-10, keep things as they are as it's the only way to appease everyone.

Next Season go to a 12-12-20 format.

Both championship and premiership the same, spitting the same.

The seasides leagues going to Seaside League North and South. with the pyramid below. Winners of Highland League feeding into North and Lowland League into south, either through a playoff or automatic relegation

So, that would potentially look something like below in 2021 (used as an example)

Prem

Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell, Livingston, Aberdeen, Hibs, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Mirren, Hamilton and Dundee Utd

Championship

Hearts, Inverness CT, Ayr Utd, Dunfermline, Dundee, QOS, Morton, Arbroath, Alloa, Partick Thistle, Falkirk and Raith Rovers

Seaside North

Cove Rangers, Elgin, Peterhead, Brechin City, Montrose, Forfar, East Fife, Cowdenbeath, Stirling Albion and Brora Rangers

Seaside South

Stranraer, Annan, Kelty Hearts, Dumbarton, Clyde,  Edinburgh City, Airdrie, Stenhousemuir, Queens Park and Albion Rovers.

It's not perfect but the big teams are not going to vote for less games against the Old Firm and it makes sense to regionalise below the Championship to reduce potential travel costs in this current climate.

No it doesn't.

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I refer you to the opening sentence of the post you were replying to

In the 14, 10, 10, 10 version of reconstruction, the team that gets relegated in 12th place in two years time instead of Hearts would be worse off.

Edited by kingjoey

The dead runner chat has been debunked as complete rubbish because it has been explained on here by several people, time and time again, that the risk of dead rubber fixtures can be mitigated effectively through implementing play-offs and other such initiatives into the league season. It’s also been pointed out that other nations operate with bigger leagues and manage to get by just fine - so yes I agree, the dead rubber chat should be thrown in the bin where it belongs. And if the people who continue to moan about “meaningless games” aren’t happy about that then I invite them to also get into said bin.

B teams would costs clubs money as their fanbase would disappear and a laughable bribe from Sevco and Celtic for a couple of years won't ever offset that.

There's also the increased stewarding and policing costs too as the scum that follow Sevco and Celtic can't be trusted.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

No it doesn't.

So you are saying that it doesn't make sense for Annan (and their merry band of fans) for example, in the winter, to potentially hit roads closed off due to snow. Regionalise it and you reduce the costs for clubs.  That leads to better profit and more of a chance to survive in the lower leagues.

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How is it relevant exactly?  Explain to me why every single game in the Scottish Premiership needs to 'mean something;?

I didn't say every single game, that's always going to be difficult in a league set up. But I do feel the more games of interest/ something at stake the better for supporters.

In terms of relevance, we're  talking about the format of our leagues. I think entertainment value is a key factor in deciding on the format. 

Ultimately, what is the point of professional sport if entertainment isn't high on the list of priorities?

The vast majority of the time, i think games with something at stake are far more entertaining than games with little or nothing at stake.  I wouldn't be that fussed about watching a Caley Thistle v Dundee United match on tv if they were both mid table, however if they were battling it out for the championship title, or in a play off, or even both fighting relegation, I'd be far more likely to take an interest and watch it.

In 2018-19 we were bottom six but nowhere near relegation trouble. Our last few matches had an air of pre-season friendly about them.  It would be shite watching that for the last couple of months of the season.

If you don't think excitement/ entertainment are relevant in deciding upon the format of our leagues, what criteria would you use?