League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Any reconstruction proposal with 14 teams or with hand picked colt teams miraculously shoehorned into the SPFL before non league teams is never going to pass.

Waste of time.It's just a topic for sportsounds laughable crew as nothing else controversial is happening.

They crave controversy badly.

Edited by Sparticus
spel

The perceived 'wisdom' among the pundits used to be thay getting rid of the reserve league was one of the main reasons Scotland has been so shite at producing players. Billy Dodds, Allan Preston and Derek Ferguson in particular were strong proponents of that argument.

Whilst I wouldn't be blaming Scotland on not qualifying for tournaments due to punting the reserve league, I definitely think it was a poor decision. The reserve league used to give the chance for younger players to play against senior pros. Often an experienced top league player coming back from injury would play a couple of reserve games to get back to fitness. Playing against or with such players would be beneficial for younger players. 

Playing against guys at the end of the careers, or guys not good enough to play further up the leagues, in League 2 has very limited benefits, and you wouldn't get the chance to play alongside them in the proposed model.

B sides, which would be under 21s, would get smashed most weeks in League 2. Who shines in a team that loses most weeks? Not many. Confidence would go down and guys would be lost. We always hear about how vital confidence is, and it is, it's huge. Without a single older experienced guy beside them, B teams won't fare well. There won't be the encouragement and the chance for players to try things and make mistakes vital to their learning, because we've all seen teams with no confidence after numerous pumpings. They get rid of the ball quick, shell it long, don't want to take responsibility, won't want to risk taking a man on, won't show for the ball as much

League 2 teams will out muscle B teams. They'll bully them off the ball, will put in tough challenges to them to see if they can take it. Many guys in that league are experienced, so they'll know how to play on weak psyches, how to get under the skin of younger players. Without someone on the pitch to guide them, I predict that B teams would see loads of yellow cards and a high proportion of reds. 

Where does this shit fit in with Project Brave? Willie Miller asked this question today and got no answer. Clubs have spent substantial sums to get up to the required standards. How does this work in that structure? It doesn't. It renders Project Brave little more than a farm for B teams. 

16 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Rangers youth policy this week seems to have been get a 21yr old Romanian player on a permanent contract and sign a 20 year old player on a pre-contract from Leicester City so f*** them.

Has this said twenty year old signed on a four year contract ever played a first team game ?

Just asking like before Benny and Kinky take the hump 

Edited by Sheep62

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Starting to worry there's a chance this will happen and be voted through. Anyone able to reassure me this will be papped out?

The 8 Project Brave academy teams might be tempted to vote for it as they have invested a lot of money and need somewhere for their young players to learn their trade so to speak.

Being loaned out to lower league / non league teams maybe toughens them up but playing in a truly competitive environment as a team might be seen as an attractive proposition.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The perceived 'wisdom' among the pundits used to be thay getting rid of the reserve league was one of the main reasons Scotland has been so shite at producing players. Billy Dodds, Allan Preston and Derek Ferguson in particular were strong proponents of that argument.

Whilst I wouldn't be blaming Scotland on not qualifying for tournaments due to punting the reserve league, I definitely think it was a poor decision. The reserve league used to give the chance for younger players to play against senior pros. Often an experienced top league player coming back from injury would play a couple of reserve games to get back to fitness. Playing against or with such players would be beneficial for younger players. 

Playing against guys at the end of the careers, or guys not good enough to play further up the leagues, in League 2 has very limited benefits, and you wouldn't get the chance to play alongside them in the proposed model.

B sides, which would be under 21s, would get smashed most weeks in League 2. Who shines in a team that loses most weeks? Not many. Confidence would go down and guys would be lost. We always hear about how vital confidence is, and it is, it's huge. Without a single older experienced guy beside them, B teams won't fare well. There won't be the encouragement and the chance for players to try things and make mistakes vital to their learning, because we've all seen teams with no confidence after numerous pumpings. They get rid of the ball quick, shell it long, don't want to take responsibility, won't want to risk taking a man on, won't show for the ball as much

League 2 teams will out muscle B teams. They'll bully them off the ball, will put in tough challenges to them to see if they can take it. Many guys in that league are experienced, so they'll know how to play on weak psyches, how to get under the skin of younger players. Without someone on the pitch to guide them, I predict that B teams would see loads of yellow cards and a high proportion of reds. 

Where does this shit fit in with Project Brave? Willie Miller asked this question today and got no answer. Clubs have spent substantial sums to get up to the required standards. How does this work in that structure? It doesn't. It renders Project Brave little more than a farm for B teams. 

I think I'm right in saying that out of the nine players who Caley shipped out to Fort William at the beginning of last season to make a pretendy colt team, seven have been dropped. They'd managed to score 3 goals by the time the season had terminated. Hardly confidence building.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think I'm right in saying that out of the nine players who Caley shipped out to Fort William at the beginning of last season to make a pretendy colt team, seven have been dropped. They'd managed to score 3 goals by the time the season had terminated. Hardly confidence building.

Shows the arrogance of just one of the aspects of the proposal. They think the lower leagues are shit inconsequential garbage and that the teams are easy walk overs. The fucking nerve.

9 minutes ago, santheman said:

The 8 Project Brave academy teams might be tempted to vote for it as they have invested a lot of money and need somewhere for their young players to learn their trade so to speak.

Being loaned out to lower league / non league teams maybe toughens them up but playing in a truly competitive environment as a team might be seen as an attractive proposition.

Saints have done ok with the loan system.   Zander Clarke, Jason Kerr, Ali McCann, Chris Kane and Callum Hendry have all been at lower league clubs recently 

1 minute ago, Bose said:

Saints have done ok with the loan system.   Zander Clarke, Jason Kerr, Ali McCann, Chris Kane and Callum Hendry have all been at lower league clubs recently 

Yeah I agree Motherwell havent done too badly either with the loan system. All Im saying is that I can see why some teams might see  the prospect of playing all their youngsters in a competitive League as being a bit more attractive in terms of team building/ tactics/playing the same formation as the 1st team which might make the transition that little bit easier. Don't necessarily agree with it though

At least  I got red dotted by Viking  Ton so it wasn't a total waste of a post

11 minutes ago, Bose said:

Throw in us putting Liam Craig and MOH out to inferior sides for a year or two and we do quite well.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Worth noting that all of those were played on midweeks/weekends where the first team didn't have any matches on. They also played a game at Forthbank for some reason in 2017, which attracted 168 fans.

Home game for me

16 minutes ago, santheman said:

Playing on loan is far more competitive than playing in a b side. In a b team every single player is looking elsewhere, there isn’t ever going to be the same requirement to win than there will be if your playing alongside a team of players who need their side to win week to week.  A player in a relegation fight who’s wages might be halved if they go down has a lot more to lose if the kid alongside them fucks up compared to the senior pro whose just trying to work his way back to fitness.

27 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Has this said twenty year old signed on a four year contract ever played a first team game ?

Just asking like before Benny and Kinky take the hump 

The Ugly Sisters have a history of signing players from the EPL with little or no first-team experience. 

Barker, Rossiter, Kent, Ntcham and  Frimpong are current examples. Janko and Denayer were others.

Then there are/were loanees like Ojo, Arzani, Benkovic, Roberts and Guidetti. 

So why are you singling out Bassey?