League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Interesting that the “dignified silence” throughout all this Celtic fans were wanking furiously over was actually their club working in cahoots with the Sevco all this time, trying to shoehorn their reserves into the set up 

Sare yin

Imagine they’ll be a bit of Ostrich heid about it 

Rivals :lol: 

It's Romeo I'm feeling for now.

Never missed a chance to join the angry mob against Budge.  

40 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Craigan was quite positive on the radio earlier............

Craigan's always been positive about it.

Tbh, at the AGM I was at a couple of years ago Burrows touched on the subject. It was very much a case of "in principle we see the value of the Youth/Colt sides playing competitive football" but "in practice it's doubtful we'd be able to effectively run two teams with the associated costs - so it's really a moot point from Motherwell's POV" (I'm paraphrasing massively there though).

I didn't hear Craigan on the radio earlier but unless he's changed his position his view was that the Development league only helped to a certain point and the rebrand to the Reserve league was an absolute disaster. His view was that there would be a benefit to having the u20s sides playing genuinely competitive games and remaining in-house for the coaching etc as opposed to handing over players on loan and trusting that club to develop them for us.

We were very supportive of our 20s involvement in the Challenge Cup and in general did OK in it. Less so last season without the like of Turnbull, Hastie et al having been replaced by 16 year olds.

Edited by capt_oats

It's Romeo I'm feeling for now.
Never missed a chance to join the angry mob against Budge.  

he’s always inspired pity as far as I’m concerned
I will definitely pop into the championship thread from time to time to say hello.

So you can get your Romeo fix.

Craigan's always been positive about it.
Tbh, at the AGM I was at a couple of years ago Burrows touched on the subject. It was very much a case of "in principle we see the value of the Youth/Colt sides playing competitive football" but "in practice it's doubtful we'd be able to effectively run two teams with the associated costs - so it's really a moot point from Motherwell's POV" (I'm paraphrasing massively there though).
I didn't hear Craigan on the radio earlier but unless he's changed his position his view was that the Development league only helped to a certain point and the rebrand to the Reserve league was an absolute disaster. His view was that there would be a benefit to having the u20s sides playing genuinely competitive games and remaining in-house for the coaching etc as opposed to handing over players on loan and trusting that club to develop them for us.
We were very supportive of our 20s involvement in the Challenge Cup and in general did OK in it. Less so last season without the like of Turnbull, Hastie et al having been replaced by 16 year olds.
Does anyone have the attendances for games Motherwell Colts played - he was quoted saying that every game had 1000 at it but I'm somewhat sceptical.

5 minutes ago, true_rover said:

Does anyone have the attendances for games Motherwell Colts played - he was quoted saying that every game had 1000 at it but I'm somewhat sceptical.

There were definitely over 1000 at some of the games at FP.

2015913678_ScreenShot2020-06-06at18_09_38.thumb.png.6d33c22ce706d8c994d2914b146ca498.png

1243079342_ScreenShot2020-06-06at18_10_54.thumb.png.c973b86c99cad60821e13a2814e3b8e5.png

Edited by capt_oats

16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There were definitely over 1000 at some of the games at FP.

Challenge Cup is a bit special mind. Can't see it happening on a wet Tuesday night at Stenhousemuir.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Interesting that the “dignified silence” throughout all this Celtic fans were wanking furiously over was actually their club working in cahoots with the Sevco all this time, trying to shoehorn their reserves into the set up 

Sare yin

Imagine they’ll be a bit of Ostrich heid about it 

Rivals :lol: 

Just backs up what we always knew Frank

Two cheeks, same arse 

Given that just last week Celtic were whinging about there not being next season’s fixtures being released.  Add that with the notion that leagues below the premier league can reconstruct how they want and you get the status quo in the top league.

Craigan was positive however no-one pointed out that his team would not be one gaining any benefit.

And although Motherwell managed a four figure crowd at a Colt home game (and when their first team wasn't playing) I doubt if Annan would also get a four figure crowd when facing an OF Colt team at home.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Worth noting that all of those were played on midweeks/weekends where the first team didn't have any matches on. They also played a game at Forthbank for some reason in 2017, which attracted 168 fans.

Aye, we moved the 20s games away from Airdrie that season for some reason. I don't think it was ever really clarified why.

This season the Reserves have been playing at Broadwood.

Fwiw: there were 170 at the game against Spartans in Airdrie last season.

1104399184_ScreenShot2020-06-06at19_25_02.thumb.png.0e0d0cda4ca65ea6904e5340a7b3581c.png

Edited by capt_oats

"The offer to purchase 200 tickets for each game Is again extremely generous. You do not need to be especially astute to realise that a Rangers or Celtic B team game would  generate very healthy bumper crowds at Dudgeon Park. I’m sure our supporters will welcome the chance to grab sight of a “star of the future

Imagine this was the chairman of your club. 

14 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Craigan was positive however no-one pointed out that his team would not be one gaining any benefit.

And although Motherwell managed a four figure crowd at a Colt home game (and when their first team wasn't playing) I doubt if Annan would also get a four figure crowd when facing an OF Colt team at home.

266 in 18-19:lol: