League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I just got a message saying lower league clubs are into it - crowd money, I suppose.

At the expense of Kelty and Brora, though? Hardly fair, is it?

I've seen nothing official mate so couldn't tell ya.. but even though I have not seen it, anything  involving colt teams is unfair and should be chucked so far into the sea.

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I just got a message saying lower league clubs are into it - crowd money, I suppose.

They absolutely aren't in to it though. It's already been shown that games involving the 'colt' sides are not draws. In many cases they actively turn supporters off.

15 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

What's this about rangers and celtic colts allegedly joining the league, btw?

They can f**k right off with that.

Pester Power!

10 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

The lower league clubs unanimously voted to put Colt teams in the bin a wee while ago. I'd be amazed if they were considering accepting something at this time which would alienate their fan bases, regardless of how much cash would be offered. 

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They absolutely aren't in to it though. It's already been shown that games involving the 'colt' sides are not draws. In many cases they actively turn supporters off.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

The lower league clubs unanimously voted to put Colt teams in the bin a wee while ago. I'd be amazed if they were considering accepting something at this time which would alienate their fan bases, regardless of how much cash would be offered. 

Hopefully it's a lot of pish, then. 

Colt teams getting added into the league would be a shambles. Why do the two clubs who have the biggest resources get a foot up by giving their youngsters extra experience? It's also pish for the real teams in those leagues and if it was at the expense of Kelty and Brora it'd be doubly pish.

Anybody got a brief summary of what's been going on since Ann Budge announced these millions she found down the back of somebody else's couch?

I'm seeing the word 'colts' mentioned on this page. Should I take a double dose of anti-psychotics tonight?

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Colt teams getting added into the league would be a shambles. Why do the two clubs who have the biggest resources get a foot up by giving their youngsters extra experience? It's also pish for the real teams in those leagues and if it was at the expense of Kelty and Brora it'd be doubly pish.

Rangers plan is to include Brora and Kelty.

That is an absolutely rank idea and any club voting for it deserves to go out of business. It's opportunistic guff from Rangers and another attempt at bribery.

However, a more important point, is that this constant stream of proposals and counter proposals, none of which get near a vote, has to come to an end at some point. It's doing my head in.

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Rangers plan is to include Brora and Kelty.

Yeah but how does this bit work? 

"Other Premiership clubs can apply to have 'B' teams starting in the Highland and Lowland leagues - replacing Kelty and Brora - with a joining fee of £25,000;"

We are well into farce now. Each proposal is more ridiculous than the one before it.

Reconstruction isn’t going to happen. No chance no way.

What the SPFL needs to do is put a lid on this and get the fixture list for all 4 leagues out next week.

Clubs need to start preparing for next season.