League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Kelty and Brora?

So the lower league clubs need to vote for less money.

Not having a go at you by the way, but do we really see that passing the vote in the current climate?

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

So the lower league clubs need to vote for less money.

Not having a go at you by the way, but do we really see that passing the vote in the current climate?

Which is why they need to be paid off/compensated for their inconvenience

Hearts aren't going to get anywhere by appealing to these people's better natures

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

59 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The proposal to end the season (from April, not March) came from the SPFL Board, of which he is a member alongside various representatives from different divisions. It was claimed at the time that this was based on requests from several clubs, particularly those in the lower leagues, and that was borne out by the fact that the vast majority of the clubs voted in favour of it.

The current proposal is directly linked to that, in the sense that the April paper included a commitment to explore league reconstruction. Therefore the idea of at least discussing league reconstruction was the will of all of the clubs who voted in favour of that proposal (in addition to many of those who voted against it). Budge was put in charge of that committee, which ultimately made a pigs ear of the whole thing to the extent that they couldn't even reach enough agreement to produce a proposal that the clubs could vote on.

It's worth noting that there were several other committees meeting at the same time on a number of issues as part of the SFA/SPFL Joint Response Group, and Doncaster himself was chairing the one related to broadcasting rights. Possibly he now has a bit more time on his hands now that he's sorted that out.

The proposal to end the season (from April, not March) - Paper was circulated Wed 8th April. It would have been drafted/redrafted/run by McLennan a while before that.

the idea of at least discussing league reconstruction was the will of all of the clubs - But Doncaster was so committed to exploring this that he just let Budge do it

couldn't even reach enough agreement to produce a proposal that the clubs could vote on. - If only she could have attached a £9m "carrot/bribe/incentive/perk/sweetener" to a proposal, eh?

now that he's sorted that out. - sorted it out? Aye, right. He lost £10m of last years £25m SKY money and we don't know yet how much of the BT money.  And as I keep telling you, some bad news about next season's SKY money is surely in the post.

Edited by Pet Jeden

What a shambles its become.

A complete laughing stock now.

"No we all don't want , and can't have reconstruction"

Wafts 5 mill in front of Doncaster

" Lets talk about a 14 team top league "

Wonder how this will go  , i personally welcome a 14 team league but not under the pretense of this  judas laced bribery.

Can we be sure that Mr Anderson isn't actually a Trojan Horse ? If we're talking about a pot of (only) £2 million,  surely successful businesswomen Ann Budge could dip into her own bulging bank account for such a middling amount instead of begging it from Anderson. Of course, if the 'philanthropic donation' really was from Budge the bribe would be too obvious. No, a deception of some kind would be required. 

To be continued ....... ?

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

@Green Day

Why are you sure lower league clubs will get any say? You seem to understand the voting procedure better than me so could you explain for me please? It seems to me Leagues One and Two are being put out of the loop, but I'll happily be corrected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52822935

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Ah, thanks. Sounds like not as bad as I thought then. 

Is there any possibility of an SPL-style breakaway if the top league voted for it? That would cut out the need to obtain lower league support, wouldn't it?

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Eleven Scottish Premiership clubs would have to back it, with just two dissenting voices in a top-flight meeting on Monday enough to defeat the plan before Budge could even canvass the support of her own division, the Championship

Ooh, bitchy.

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Ah, thanks. Sounds like not as bad as I thought then. 

Is there any possibility of an SPL-style breakaway if the top league voted for it? That would cut out the need to obtain lower league support, wouldn't it?

No chance. No need.

8 minutes ago, VanCityHibee said:

What a shambles its become.

A complete laughing stock now.

"No we all don't want , and can't have reconstruction"

Wafts 5 mill in front of Doncaster

" Lets talk about a 14 team top league "

Wonder how this will go  , i personally welcome a 14 team league but not under the pretense of this  judas laced bribery.

But the £9m that was offered for ending the leagues - that was fine, eh?

tbf your lot are voting against anything that isn't aimed at inflicting pain on us. Quite right too. That's your job. 

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

But the £9m that was offered for ending the leagues - that was fine, eh?

tbf your lot are voting against anything that isn't aimed at inflicting pain on us. Quite right too. That's your job. 

The prize pot you mean? That was obviously fine.

Hibs always vote for what is the right thing to do, nothing partisan - you do understand that Hearts in the Championship doesnt exactly generate cash for us?

34 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’m not a political science expert but Horse trading, loaded promises, unholy alliances, competing attempts to manipulate the news agenda and people pursuing naked self interest are pretty common features in democracies as far as I can see

mm00203554.jpg

Think as we approach a possible 'next' season,it's fairly clear that everything will be run on less money - for whatever reasons. Be it SPL east and west,just to save Hearts of course, more clubs going part-time as I can't see the same number of generous sponsors being involved. The spfl shambles - makes you want to approach Disney and see if Mickey Mouse would help. Bang their muddled heads together in shame ! !

I've mostly thought about how this should play out based on the all important business of what I find funny.

If this is heading in the direction I think it is, I must admit it would stick in my throat a bit. Fair enough if reconstruction looked even remotely likely to be voted through before but if everyone changes their mind as soon as some fast cash becomes available, I don't know what to say.

200.gif

28 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

now that he's sorted that out. - sorted it out? Aye, right. He lost £10m of last years £25m SKY money

Interesting. Where are you pulling £10m from? 

Bear in mind, you said last week that Falkirk were due a 7 figure compensation fund from the SPFL for not going up to the championship and I asked you to show your working on that wee doozy - which you conveniently ignored. 

So go on, where are you getting £10m compensation from? BBC Sport at reporting it as £1.5m refunded and spread over 5 years. 

Surely you wouldn't just pull numbers out your arse. 

29 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

The proposal to end the season (from April, not March) - Paper was circulated Wed 8th April. It would have been drafted/redrafted/run by McLennan a while before that.

the idea of at least discussing league reconstruction was the will of all of the clubs - But Doncaster was so committed to exploring this that he just let Budge do it

couldn't even reach enough agreement to produce a proposal that the clubs could vote on. - If only she could have attached a £9m "carrot/bribe/incentive/perk/sweetener" to a proposal, eh?

now that he's sorted that out. - sorted it out? Aye, right. He lost £10m of last years £25m SKY money and we don't know yet how much of the BT money.  And as I keep telling you, some bad news about next season's SKY money is surely in the post.

Again, I don't think any of your argument here is in good faith, which makes it hard for me to engage with.

You are guessing when the paper would have been drafted, and have absolutely no idea.

Doncaster was involved with the committee relating to commercial deals as posted above, and delegated this to a large reconstruction committee - no doubt you'd have been equally outraged if he had decided to take control of this himself from the outset.

The £9m "sweetener" was the clubs' money, which they were always going to get at some point, you're talking as though they magicked it up out of thin air ahead of this vote.

Even Rangers' most pessimistic estimate said that the total liability to broadcasters from last season being stopped would be £10m, that included both broadcasters. Now you've decided that it was actually £10m to Sky (out of a deal that was worth £18/19m across both broadcasters, not £25m as you stated), even though several newspaper reports today have suggested it was reduced to £1.5m, to be paid back over the five years of the TV deal.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Interesting. Where are you pulling £10m from? 

Bear in mind, you said last week that Falkirk were due a 7 figure compensation fund from the SPFL for not going up to the championship and I asked you to show your working on that wee doozy - which you conveniently ignored. 

So go on, where are you getting £10m compensation from? BBC Sport at reporting it as £1.5m refunded and spread over 5 years. 

Surely you wouldn't just pull numbers out your arse. 

Itll be the same loophole that could see Sky walk away from a 5 year contract.

Something he now seems to be arguing is impossible.