League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Who mentioned 4 million? 

I always thought it was between 1 and 2 million.

Robert Thomson yesterday

« SunSport understands Anderson is ready to commit around £4.75 million — the equivalent of just over £110,000 per club if split evenly between the league’s 42 members. »

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

if split evenly between the league’s 42 members.

Personally I would prefer if the cash was split to favour those at the bottom end - even if it meant nothing to the Premiership clubs and only started at the Championship.

Robert Thomson yesterday

« SunSport understands Anderson is ready to commit around £4.75 million — the equivalent of just over £110,000 per club if split evenly between the league’s 42 members. »

What's the betting the remaining 2.75m is being held in reserve if Hearts are relegated....

The BBC wording is interesting as he isnt looking for a straight Yes/No but to tell him what the issues are and what would work for those clubs voting against.  It at least implies the SPFL would then try to shoe-horn a solution to then meet those concerns.  Taking the money via Hearts in this scenario is 'slightly' compromising. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Who mentioned 4 million? 

I always thought it was between 1 and 2 million.

Who had mentioned it was between 1 and 2 million until that article?

The media types were saying it'd be well over 4m as has been stated in the posts above.

Just now, Trackdaybob said:

Oh dear :( 

Robert Thomson is usually pretty accurate when it comes to Scottish football as a fan of the club you support should know.

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:
4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Robert Thomson yesterday

What's the betting the remaining 2.75m is being held in reserve if Hearts are relegated....

Don’t be daft it’s a no strings bribe!

3 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

The BBC wording is interesting as he isnt looking for a straight Yes/No but to tell him what the issues are and what would work for those clubs voting against.  It at least implies the SPFL would then try to shoe-horn a solution to then meet those concerns.  Taking the money via Hearts in this scenario is 'slightly' compromising. 

He’s going to struggle to please everyone much in the same way that Budge has so far. I’ll be surprised if any sort of reconstruction gets approved but the SPFL and Hearts are certainly trying their best to do it.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Robert Thomson is usually pretty accurate when it comes to Scottish football as a fan of the club you support should know.

Should I? 

Oh ok then. Whatever you say boss. 

I've lived in England for 10 years now. I have hardly a clue what goes on up home really. 

None of this is newsworthy down here, unless I go digging, it's easy to lose track. Frankly, I can't be bothered. 

Just now, Trackdaybob said:

Should I? 

Oh ok then. Whatever you say boss. 

I've lived in England for 10 years now. I have hardly a clue what goes on up home really. 

None of this is newsworthy down here, unless I go digging, it's easy to lose track. Frankly, I can't be bothered. 

'Oh dear :('

30 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

It would be needed to make up for the TV money that we will be denied if we aren’t included in the top flight.

Helping to save the rest of Scottish Football is a good cause but it's not the only one that's important.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, JamesM82 said:

My view is that if you're curtailing the league season, you really should be curtailing the league post-season (playoffs) as well. There's no logical consistency in what the EFL are doing.

It's not an academic exercise. The aim is to establish which teams most deserve to come up and which teams most deserve to go down. Ideally all the originally scheduled games are played, but in the absence of that, surely the closer they get to the full schedule, the less unfair it is to all the teams? Maybe too, more clubs are likely to litigate down there and for bigger sums of money.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

When are the first ties of the preliminary rounds for 2021-22 Scottish Cup scheduled to be played ? As long as it is possible (Covid-19 permitting) to complete the three outstanding matches prior to the commencement of the upcoming season's tournament then I don't see any reason not to go ahead. 

I assume you mean the 2020/21 Scottish Cup here? If so, the preliminary rounds would normally take start in August, but that's obviously not going to happen given that none of the teams who usually participate in them will be able to play by then.

I'm also not sure why it would be a big deal if the 2019/20 tournament finishes after the 2020/21 one has started.