League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So what if the clubs still don’t want reconstruction?

Does this generous and philanthropic donation just disappear?

No strings as far as I'm aware.

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You think that's worse than not giving teams a chance for promotion/relegation based on a play off result?

My view is that if you're curtailing the league season, you really should be curtailing the league post-season (playoffs) as well. There's no logical consistency in what the EFL are doing.

49 minutes ago, bennett said:

@kingjody As far as I know uefa haven't said what their plans are the new seasons comp, last thing I read they were still mumbling about finishing last seasons comps. Until UEFA clarify....

Good politicians answer, ie, doesn’t answer.

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

What’s the hold up now then? Another week of waiting now 14 teams is being considered? 

"The SPFL has asked clubs if they would back a 14-team Scottish Premiership for next season and, if not, how might their objections be overcome.

In a letter to clubs in the top two tiers, chief executive Neil Doncaster queried if enlarging the Premiership for five years would be more palatable."

He has basically said "what will it take".

I have to say I will be quite disgusted if it happens because there is no real doubt about why - Andersons cash.

49 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

No trolling intended at all but would Somerset Park be allowed to hold top level league games? I've not been in years but i'd have thought they may have to limit attendance if there was any chance at all of even going up via a play off?

Somerset, whilst admittedly needing some improvement, would be able to host top flight football.

Wouldn't worry though, it's not happening.

I've always said I'd be happy to have reconstruction, but the problem was that successful businesswoman Ann Budge was desperate for it to be a one or two year thing. If it was a guaranteed 5 year minimum and a vote to determine if we change it again (not an automatic, it must go back to 12) then I've got nothing particular against it.

From a purely personal point of view I see this as a win/win. I get the reconstruction I'd prefer, while we all get to laugh at Hearts for wetting the bed so badly they had to bribe the league in order to let them play on.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Until UEFA provide some clarity its impossible to give the answer you want. 

Which is one reason that the SPFL couldn’t restart season 2019/20 on 1st August or even later. They couldn’t take the chance that the season would finish too late for Scottish clubs to be in European competitions.

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I can’t see this getting the votes needed anyway tbh. Seems like the teams are happy for it to stay how it is. 

The league just now is fine. Only issue for me is playing the same teams multiple times but that won’t get fixed unless we move to 16 teams, which is never happening.

Any clubs agreeing to accept a bribe, effectively what is being offered to save Budge's reputation and a humiliating relegation, would be just as despicable as the club whose chairperson brokered the deal. No strings my arse.

Personally I will be very disappointed if Gordon Scott was to reconsider his opposition to Budge's proposal in exchange for £50k (or whatever the correct figure might be).

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Anderson's £4m is now around £2m apparently:

£50,000 each. What a game changer.

Who mentioned 4 million? 

I always thought it was between 1 and 2 million.