League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Doncaster doing what he can to keep reconstruction alive. Now suggesting "temporary" could mean five years, rather than two. Still runs into the problem of what happens when the time's up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52905133

Just seen that...

I personally think it’s disgusting that Doncaster is trying to push this so hard of behalf of Hearts. If the clubs don’t want temporary reconstruction as proposed then let them vote and reject it, instead of trying to offer alternatives and dragging it out.

They were relegated on their own sporting inability, and this protracted attempt to keep them up is not only embarrassing, but it’s a slap in the face to all of the other clubs in Scottish football who lose out in the proposed reconstruction and if they were in Hearts position wouldn’t have been given the time of day.

So this explains why we have hardly heard anything when it was supposed to be dealt with on Monday...

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Isn't this the sort post that you complained about receiving from celtic fans?

You've put a fair words into my mouth and presumed a lot too but an agenda is an agenda after all.

Maybe I did, I can’t remember what I posted yesterday, never mind before then. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Just seen that...

I personally think it’s disgusting that Doncaster is trying to push this so hard of behalf of Hearts. If the clubs don’t want temporary reconstruction as proposed then let them vote and reject it, instead of trying to offer alternatives and dragging it out.

They were relegated on their own sporting inability, and this protracted attempt to keep them up is not only embarrassing, but it’s a slap in the face to all of the other clubs in Scottish football who lose out in the proposed reconstruction and if they were in Hearts position wouldn’t have been given the time of day.

So this explains why we have hardly heard anything when it was supposed to be dealt with on Monday...

TBF it's probably an arse-covering exercise in case Hearts do go through a legal process. "We made every effort, but some clubs were opposed to every form of reconstruction, so it just wasn't possible".

Edited by JamesM82

13 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Doncaster doing what he can to keep reconstruction alive. Now suggesting "temporary" could mean five years, rather than two. Still runs into the problem of what happens when the time's up.

The bribe starting to take hold.

What would it take for reconstruction to be accepted?

Keep Hearts doon and promote Dundee.

16 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

He must be trolling; responses by 17:00 on Friday 😬

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

5 year reconstruction :lol: Why not just make it permanent? 

Exactly, or even reconstruction and have a gander after 5 years and see how it's going, is it working, does it need changed? 

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

5 year reconstruction :lol: Why not just make it permanent?  

Aberdeen have said they would vote against permanent. One more (Rangers?) and it's sunk. I think the "five years" thing is an attempt to fudge it.

Permanent has always seemed far more doable politically than temporary though.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Isn't this the sort post that you complained about receiving from celtic fans?

You've put a fair words into my mouth and presumed a lot too but an agenda is an agenda after all.

Not sure what agenda I have, but you have said that you feel that the remaining League games should have been played. This would have meant that no Premiership clubs would have received their final league placing payment. And, as the government have said that no matches can be played before 1st August at the earliest, that would also have meant that Scotland would not have been able to nominate their European competition representatives for next season. So, without putting any words into your mouth, would you have accepted that?

'It has since been clarified that Budge's focus is on a 14-team top tier, with the lower league clubs agreeing on whatever configuration suits them.'

It's this bit that gets me...so the proposal was for the good of all teams but it's now clarified that what she really meant was 14 team top league (with Hearts obviously) and the rest can feck off and sort themselves out...aye ok then Anne

@kingjody As far as I know uefa haven't said what their plans are the new seasons comp, last thing I read they were still mumbling about finishing last seasons comps. Until UEFA clarify....

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

You can't have a 14 with the possibility if 1 up one down throughout the leagues. That just breeds staleness. 

2 up 2 down would surely end the play offs. I presume Championship clubs would be happy with this but clubs currently in the Top flight would not.