League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Just now, craigkillie said:

When Isma Goncalves and Conor Newton scored in the 2013 League Cup final did you celebrate it a bit less because both of them didn't sign until after you'd played in the first three rounds?

Was that the season the League Cup was curtailed for months due to a pandemic?

Just now, craigkillie said:

Your argument was that there are different players and squads, nothing to do with the amount of time between games.

No, that was part of my argument, something you are more than aware of.

You're shifting the goalposts with each reply, and have already said you would want the competition completed if St Mirren were involved. Why deny the four teams the same right?

Again, it is just three games. What possible harm is there in completing the competition?

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Tbf have the ever clarified that they will finish the Scottish Cup yet?

Until its entering a time where it will impact on next seasons competition then what's the point of cancelling it?

The league season is obviously different as budgets/prize money/squad planning/fixture planning would all be fucked if you extended this one indefinitely. 

2 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

👍 you only got out after the big teams were promoted.  Have we still got the record points in the hardest diddy league there is ever likely to be😉 

Hearts cruised the championship with a side made up of young players from the academy and a couple of good signings.Since returning to the top flight you have reverted to blowing large budgets on rubbish.For a club that thinks its the third club in Scotland its a joke how you are run.Four wins all season and 57 points behind Celtic.You are about as relevant in Scottish football as the patsies that are wheeled out to play the Harlem Globetrotters.The board and management of you,re club have relegated you,nobody else.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You're shifting the goalposts with each reply, and have already said you would want the competition completed if St Mirren were involved. Why deny the four teams the same right?

Again, it is just three games. What possible harm is there in completing the competition?

I'm not shifting anything. I'm not "denying" any team anything. I'm just of the mind we call the end to the whole season for the obvious reasons.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Until its entering a time where it will impact on next seasons competition then what's the point of cancelling it?

The league season is obviously different as budgets/prize money/squad planning/fixture planning would all be fucked if you extended this one indefinitely. 

I think they have said they will definitely play it, but want it done in front of crowds so could be 2021.

The problem with next season's SC is if your lower league SPFL clubs and beyond can't play until God knows when then how do you start it?

I genuinely can’t believe there are people still arguing the season could have been finished. We’re going around in circles here, it’s been discussed in this thread 5-6 times. 

Only one predictable person is saying it - the one who thinks Rangers could have stopped 9iar

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think they have said they will definitely play it, but want it done in front of crowds so could be 2021.

The problem with next season's SC is if your lower league SPFL clubs and beyond can't play until God knows when then how do you start it?

If hearts went on to win it and not get the Europe spot Budgie would have a hairy canary.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Finishing the cup is ludicrous tbh.  Could be talking 8 months or so between rounds and we'll be in a different league to where we started the competition.  Even the thought of playing Hibs holds no appeal and normally I'd be buzzing for it.  If the season is over, so too should the cups be.

46 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

For clarification, I wasn't suggesting that the European place was more important than winning the cup. I doubt Hibs fans will remember who knocked them out of Europe in fifty years

50 years? A mere moment in time.  I remember it was Stade de Reims that beat them in the SEMI-FINAL of the first European Cup in 1956.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Finishing the cup is ludicrous tbh.  Could be talking 8 months or so between rounds and we'll be in a different league to where we started the competition.  Even the thought of playing Hibs holds no appeal and normally I'd be buzzing for it.  If the season is over, so too should the cups be.

Got to disagree. I’d be happy to play it any time in the next year or so - even with a different squad. But then I would have been happy finishing off this season any time in the next year or so. None of this Saints-style whingeing about “ oh but we will have released players”

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The main purpose of winning the Scottish Cup isn't to provide a route to Europe, it's winning the Scottish Cup. If my team had made it to the Scottish Cup semi-final then I'd be pretty keen for it to go ahead so that we had the chance of winning it.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I see common sense has prevailed 

Scottish Premiership clubs can stream games & sell virtual tickets - BBC Sport

Edited by wastecoatwilly

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

All this talk of virtual season tickets, just thinking If you want the real matchday feel for an away game at Celtic, may I suggest covering half your tv set with a towel or sit directly behind your sweeping brush... 

27 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Tend to agree with this. It's a fairly easy cash grab by the SFA to hold off in the hope that it can be played some time. Mind you, it's not as mental as the lower leagues in England cancelling the rest of their league seasons and then playing the playoffs as normal. That means the playoff teams (e.g. Exeter City) are playing a do-or-die playoff game three weeks after resuming training, and over three months since they last played a game.

8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

All this talk of virtual season tickets, just thinking If you want the real matchday feel for an away game at Celtic, may I suggest covering half your tv set with a towel or sit directly behind your sweeping brush... 

Hand over a fiver to a local urchin to "look after yer motor".

Edited by JamesM82

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Or just move to the lazy bhoy.