League Reconstruction 20/21 season

51 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Just as an example of the protective power dungcaster puts into tv contracts. the last game that never was, was changed to a Friday night at short notice for the cameras. Not a problem of Aberdeen’s making but many Jambos would have had the train booked & possibly accommodation for the original date. 

No idea what point you’re trying to get across here, but the Motherwell v Aberdeen match had the date changed to Friday March 13th by the SPFL on 22nd November 2019, almost 4 months before the match was due to be played. Does that fit your criteria of “short notice”?

3 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

How will that work for clubs who already have a live streaming service?

I'm aware UK viewers will now get to watch matches live, but some folk (myself) have already subscribed to Saints TV for the year.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm aware UK viewers will now get to watch matches live, but some folk (myself) have already subscribed to Saints TV for the year.

If you're a UK viewer though presumably you've not signed up to watch home games live.

I'm subscribed to RedTV but it's made pretty clear when you sign up that it doesn't include live games unless you're international. Probably up to individual clubs if they give discounts to existing members.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you're a UK viewer though presumably you've not signed up to watch home games live.

I'm subscribed to RedTV but it's made pretty clear when you sign up that it doesn't include live games unless you're international. Probably up to individual clubs if they give discounts to existing members.

Fair point, tbh.

8 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

So James Anderson wants to make an offer to Scottish football and having dealings with Hearts approaches Ann Budge for a an introduction to whoever needs to make it happen.

She decides to be an absolute snake  has a phone call with Doncaster promising this money but contingent on X, Y, Z happening.

Doncaster says put it in writing. 

Budge then completely overplays her hand and Doncaster says he is delighted to iron out the details himself.

Budge, being like William H Macy in Fargo trying to broker a land deal, actually has nothing to bring to the table and is cut out of the loop.

Glad we got to the bottom of it all.

That's one narrative if it feeds your hatred of Ann Budge.

The other narrative being that the money would be nowhere near Scottish Football if it wasn't for Ann Budge. 

Perhaps it's time for other Football Directors to bring some billionaire philanthropists to the table? 

I think it's a bit of a logical jump to suggest to suggest it will cost £100k per annum for a club. It might cost £2k a week right now, but there's absolutely no guarantee that that will still be the price in a few months time, nor is there any guarantee that we'll even need to carry out tests in December, let alone this time next year.
Totally agree. However that was what was being reported on Sportsound at the weekend. Hopefully no testing will be required a year from now.

As a side note the 2 grand a week was for training and basic squad testing. Figure could rise if others are involved when games are played.

19 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Perhaps it's time for other Football Directors to bring some billionaire philanthropists to the table?

I thought that rather childlike type of mental gymnastics was only being played on Kickback?

10 hours ago, Yorky said:

That’s quite a statistic, Hearts do bring good numbers to games in general but certainly not at the level they appear to think. It’s not massive money for clubs outside the old firm away support in reality. For Motherwell I don’t see a massive difference between the Hearts and Dundee United support next season, Hearts did not bring that many in the league game.

I think some Hearts fans are guilty of thinking that the games where they do take a big away support are the rule, rather than the exception. There will be periods where they do take consistently big supports (i.e. if they're doing well), but these don't happen as often as you might think. 

Hibs fans are also guilty of this TBF. i.e. occasionally taking a big support, and confusing this with having a large base level of away support. Aberdeen fans in particular also travel better; Hibs and Hearts seem to get a nosebleed past Perth / Dundee.

2 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

I hope every club who Hearts organise a boycott of returns the favour.  They will soon realise they are getting 0 away attendance for all of their home matches, rather than two a season which they will inflict on other clubs. Morons.

Hearts fans wont be boycotting away grounds.

They will see this as an opportunity to visit some grounds they have never seen   not seen for decades    not visited for a couple of seasons.

5 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I think some Hearts fans are guilty of thinking that the games where they do take a big away support are the rule, rather than the exception. There will be periods where they do take consistently big supports (i.e. if they're doing well), but these don't happen as often as you might think. 

Hibs fans are also guilty of this TBF. i.e. occasionally taking a big support, and confusing this with having a large base level of away support. Aberdeen fans in particular also travel better; Hibs and Hearts seem to get a nosebleed past Perth / Dundee.

Without wanting to get into a crowd wanking debate, all 3 clubs (IMO) have a relatively similar level of support.

We have a large support base in Edinburgh/Glasgow which boosts our away support but probably also hinders our home crowds, so no surprises that Hibs/Hearts home attendances are higher than ours and we outdo you more consistently in away supports.

As I said before, we're all susceptible to fluctuations based on form, travel, potential for a massive piss up etc.

13 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I thought that rather childlike type of mental gymnastics was only being played on Kickback?

My apologies if you've misunderstood me, I was being serious. 

Perhaps I could change the billionaire to millionaire. Is that more manageable for you?

If only we hadn't been in such rush to declare celtic champions, at the cost of other teams league places and much needed finances.  After all if we can still play Scottish cup games....

We told how, as part of the discussions, Sky could be willing to write off a potential £5.5m claw back claim for the failure to complete the 2019/20 campaign - with Doncaster  attempting to negotiate a greatly reduced penalty sum of £1.5m, with payments spread over the next five years

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Club TV channels currently can't show uk games (proxy locations can get around this), ideally this could be dropped until it's safe but I've a feeling that sky will want to control it and fcuk clubs over.

If only we hadn't been in such rush to declare celtic champions, at the cost of other teams league places and much needed finances.  After all if we can still play Scottish cup games....

We told how, as part of the discussions, Sky could be willing to write off a potential £5.5m claw back claim for the failure to complete the 2019/20 campaign - with Doncaster  attempting to negotiate a greatly reduced penalty sum of £1.5m, with payments spread over the next five years

We should have written off £150m over five years to avoid a penalty clause of as little as £1.5m?

And are you proposing playing the 2019/20 Premiership season during the 2020/21 season, which is what they're planning to do with the Scottish Cup? Can you see any issue with that?

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

This is a dumb troll, even for you

2 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Just as an example of the protective power dungcaster puts into tv contracts. the last game that never was, was changed to a Friday night at short notice for the cameras. Not a problem of Aberdeen’s making but many Jambos would have had the train booked & possibly accommodation for the original date. 

Protect the Hearts support myth at all costs.

You lot really are the crowd w****r's crowd wankers.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

That's one narrative if it feeds your hatred of Ann Budge.

The other narrative being that the money would be nowhere near Scottish Football if it wasn't for Ann Budge. 

They should be publicly thanking Ann for that. 

But yeah, let some other billionaire philanthropist step in. 

I do thank Ann Budge.  Not only has she oversaw a terrible hearts team and squandered your money on a still unfinished stand.  She’s provided much hilarity in her mewling about reconstruction.  Yet to top this off.  Not only are clubs rejecting her pathetic attempt to stay in the top league, she’s actually found someone to pay us to do so.

So with all sincerity.  Thank you Ann Budge.

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We should have written off £150m over five years to avoid a penalty clause of as little as £1.5m?

And are you proposing playing the 2019/20 Premiership season during the 2020/21 season, which is what they're planning to do with the Scottish Cup? Can you see any issue with that?

No one would have written off £150m, you know this, I know this, everyone knows this. But you do love playing up to your online persona...

It could've been fitted in, the epl sides are managing but you already knew that. 

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is a dumb troll, even for you

What is the point of hurtful comments like this, have you any idea how much damage they can do.

You've left me in pieces here.

24 minutes ago, Miko’s Dive said:

But yeah, let some other billionaire philanthropist step in. 

A threat as empty as your head.

Hearts fans throughout this:

"DO THAT AND WE'LL TAKE YOU TO COURT!

"DO THAT AND WE'LL BOYCOTT ALL YOUR GROUNDS"

"DO THAT AND OUR INVESTOR WILL WALK AWAY"

And not one person have given a single f**k.

You've got no power here lads.